1/4 modern Iron Man, FTW!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks pretty decent, just the shoulder blades look odd to me.
but until ss makes something worth getting, this is where we'll have to go to get our im fix

From the looks of it the shoulder pads on those are upside down.

That has to be customized from the sideshow version. Thats why it looks so weird, like the hunched back and funny shoulders.

WOW, who sells these?

I know who sells these, in fact these guys have their own custom shop. When I walked in coupla weekes back, there was like an assembly line of these statues, it's a reposed IM, they had like so many SIMs to work with. Talented guys, these fellas. Legality or otherwise.

looks great a MK 2 version with a light up feature would sell out in a day.

i'm surprised you dont delete this thread as its giving recasters free advertising!:duh

People should be aware of this piece and the fact that it's out there. As long as we don't have a link to someone selling it, I think it's okay.

As always, it is the position of this board that we do not condone recasts of any kind.

looks great a MK 2 version with a light up feature would sell out in a day.

:rotfl

only if your buying them all!

i can't believe your backing recasters since your one of the top sideshoe marvel collectors!!

you have to muchh money to spend,dont make a big mistake and buy copy ^^^^ because it has a new pose.

People should be aware of this piece and the fact that it's out there. As long as we don't have a link to someone selling it, I think it's okay.

As always, it is the position of this board that we do not condone recasts of any kind.

that is not good enough dave! your making out sideshow,marvel and the original sculptor look like they have no avenue to go down to stop these a_0's recasting which gives them all strengh to carry on!? i give up

It really didn't even occur that this could be the end product of someone recasting and repositioning the original Sideshow piece.

Although I'm not too thrilled about possibly supporting those who might be doing other recasts, I am pretty excited about getting this piece. It's a great combination of the original Sideshow comiquette and the classic IM comiquette that was announced during Spooktacular. I'll have to wait until I get this in hand, but I'm thinking that it'll display a lot better next to Cap, Thor, and the Hulk, especially since it's standing and is just over 19" tall.

Don't get me wrong, nothing is ever going to beat the original, but this definitely gives it a run for it's money even if it is a repositioned version.

It really didn't even occur that this could be the end product of someone recasting and repositioning the original Sideshow piece.

Although I'm not too thrilled about possibly supporting those who might be doing other recasts, I am pretty excited about getting this piece. It's a great combination of the original Sideshow comiquette and the classic IM comiquette that was announced during Spooktacular. I'll have to wait until I get this in hand, but I'm thinking that it'll display a lot better next to Cap, Thor, and the Hulk, especially since it's standing and is just over 19" tall.

Don't get me wrong, nothing is ever going to beat the original, but this definitely gives it a run for it's money even if it is a repositioned version.

could you not wait for the IM PF with flag?

i woulld be ashamed of buying the knock off one a tallented man worked hard for and you go and advertise a sideshow knock off just because you haven't seen it before.:(

Last edited:
could you not wait for the IM PF with flag?

i woulld be ashamed of buying the knock off one a tallented man worked hard for us ypu go and advertise a sideshow knock off just because you haven't seen it before.:(

Honestly, I don't like the classic IM with the flag.

I feel like one of the slow kids that ate glue in the back of the class for saying this, but it really never clicked that this could possibly be a recast. Even if it was something that the guys stated outright, I don't see it as being a big deal. After all, they limited the run to 50 pieces so it's not like they're trying to pass it off as a Sideshow statue.
Again, I said that I kinda feel bad supporting someone who my be behind a more extensive recasting operation, but this is a piece that I would almost want more than the original Sideshow piece since it seems to be more display friendly alongside the other Avengers.

Honestly, I don't like the classic IM with the flag.

I feel like one of the slow kids that ate glue in the back of the class for saying this, but it really never clicked that this could possibly be a recast. Even if it was something that the guys stated outright, I don't see it as being a big deal. After all, they limited the run to 50 pieces so it's not like they're trying to pass it off as a Sideshow statue.
Again, I said that I kinda feel bad supporting someone who my be behind a more extensive recasting operation, but this is a piece that I would almost want more than the original Sideshow piece since it seems to be more display friendly alongside the other Avengers.

ok jb,i will put it like this.A while back you liked my iron man light up base which was recast from the original to get the shape and cracks of the but it was a 1 off, a custom.

it was easy to make lots for anyone interested but you would open yourself upto copywrigt infringment!

making 50 becomes a profit making venture and not a personal custom job!

i would not attack jbinny for showing it. i am wondering why sideshow is not doing something to keep this from happening. i mean we have all read the different threads and commented on this. i know yeah can't police ebay. But if sideshow maybe starts taking note . it will only stop when they put there foot down and get ebay to police this. ebay pulls minor stuff all the time.but this ain't minor.

i would not attack jbinny for showing it. i am wondering why sideshow is not doing something to keep this from happening. i mean we have all read the different threads and commented on this. i know yeah can't police ebay. But if sideshow maybe starts taking note . it will only stop when they put there foot down and get ebay to police this. ebay pulls minor stuff all the time.but this ain't minor.[/quote

whats ebay got to do with it when advertising ^^^^ is allowed on the sideshow collectors site!

saught out the problem at home first before anything else which obviously is to much trouble:duh

you dont need a open thread to find out who is making money from SS merchantise!

ok jb,i will put it like this.A while back you liked my iron man light up base which was recast from the original to get the shape and cracks of the but it was a 1 off, a custom.

it was easy to make lots for anyone interested but you would open yourself upto copywrigt infringment!

making 50 becomes a profit making venture and not a personal custom job!

I totally understand where you're coming from on this and I'm not arguing about it.

BUT aside from the striking similarities between the pieces, especially the type of armor, how would anyone pursue this as being a recast?

Again, don't get me wrong on this because I'm not at all defending recasting in any way, but it seems like anyone would be hard pressed to actually prove that it's a recast. Different base, different pose... arguably an all around different statue.

Like most of us likely agree, it is basically a repositioned version of Sideshow's comiquette, but that really never clicked until someone pointed it out. Maybe I was just that pumped about the piece, but due to the position and change-o-head/hands, the possibility of it utilizing recast parts never even crossed my mind.

I totally understand where you're coming from on this and I'm not arguing about it.

BUT aside from the striking similarities between the pieces, especially the type of armor, how would anyone pursue this as being a recast?

Again, don't get me wrong on this because I'm not at all defending recasting in any way, but it seems like anyone would be hard pressed to actually prove that it's a recast. Different base, different pose... arguably an all around different statue.

Like most of us likely agree, it is basically a repositioned version of Sideshow's comiquette, but that really never clicked until someone pointed it out. Maybe I was just that pumped about the piece, but due to the position and change-o-head/hands, the possibility of it utilizing recast parts never even crossed my mind.

ok the first thing to do and most important is dont buy into a statue which is identical to a ss piece apart from modifications when its not a unique custom

the more you make the cheaper it is to start a custom and at an es of 50 ? and who's to say they are honest on ES'S like SS going into a profiT.

jb,you have been the greatest supporter of marvel stuff from sideshow so please dont help dongy a-o's profit from all the top sculptors sideshow employ for our benifit.

Well, let's put it this way, recast or not recast... as long as it's look good and you like it, just buy it..

You're buying it for yourself, not others.. so as long as you're happy with it, who cares. ;)

Personally, I like this statue, I've seen both org and stealth before.. it's a good 1/4 statue, weigh heavy and just right for it's size... packaging also looks great.

I will buy one and keep it. It's only limited to 50 pieces worldwide, so I think it's good enough to keep it. :)

Back