Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like more people are just saying the fabric cape looks better because that's the only version they have a shot at getting at this point.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Maybe some. I had a sculpted cape PO locked from the start and the pics of the fabric cape looked too good. I argued with myself for a few days before finally deciding to switch over to the fabric. Don't have one regret about it.

Whatever version people get, it's a killer Superman piece and I'm super stoked to be getting this in 1/3 scale. The wait, however, won't be as much fun.

I’m just glad P1 gave us the options. I also wanted fabric from the beginning. I’m a mixed media guy so I’ll always choose that over fully sculpted. Just my preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You (atrana23) make some great points and I love your passion but you lose credibility when you resort to name calling.

I appreciate the debate though.

I got on the waitlist pretty quickly for the sculpted cape thinking I definitely wanted that one but I ordered the fabric version just in case and now I’m totally torn. Both look awesome to me but the rotating base and the slight space saving abilities of the fabric cape are turning me to the cloth side.

I will have a tough decision to make when my waitlist converts.

FWIW, I’m aligned with you on the lean. I am not worried about that at all.

I think if anyone is ordering Hush batman then sculpted cape superman would be a better match.

Popcultcha has this on pre order on their site (the fabric version). I am going to order it and cancel the sculpted from sideshow when its delayed if it runs on time ill just lose my NRD. Its much cheaper buying it through popcultcha and i like both sculpted and fabric id rather save $400.

Popcultcha has this on pre order on their site (the fabric version). I am going to order it and cancel the sculpted from sideshow when its delayed if it runs on time ill just lose my NRD. Its much cheaper buying it through popcultcha and i like both sculpted and fabric id rather save $400.

I wish Popcultcha had also gotten the sculpted version. I prefer that one because for me it'll be easier to clean and I'm terrible at posing wired capes to my liking.

And because Popcultcha were able to source the fabric version I'm going to assume that the Edition size for the fabric version is going to be higher than the sculpted version. My guess is 1500.

I wish Popcultcha had also gotten the sculpted version. I prefer that one because for me it'll be easier to clean and I'm terrible at posing wired capes to my liking.

And because Popcultcha were able to source the fabric version I'm going to assume that the Edition size for the fabric version is going to be higher than the sculpted version. My guess is 1500.

It will be higher ES for sure. I just cant pay an extra roughly $500 for sculpted from sideshow when i can get the fabric from popcultcha. I like them both to be honest so paying $500 less for my second choice statue which i still like alot is fine by me.

It will be higher ES for sure. I just cant pay an extra roughly $500 for sculpted from sideshow when i can get the fabric from popcultcha. I like them both to be honest so paying $500 less for my second choice statue which i still like alot is fine by me.

Makes sense.

If the base wasn't so big (so it could fit in a Besta), I would definitely replace my current 1/4 Sideshow version with this piece.

It really is a tough call for me, I like the arguments for both of them. They did say they would experiment with a lighter material on the sculpted cape so that leaning probably won't really be an issue and the base is large enough to keep it balanced I think. I guess I'm not really sure how I will be displaying it. Even with fabric, probably won't be able to squeeze it in a BESTA, might be getting PAX for the Prime 1 pieces. Having sculpted though might make it stand out compared to the other Prime 1 statues I might be getting since most have a poseable cape I think. Some sculpted capes also don't look good, didn't like the original Batman and Superman PF capes, but this one actually looks kind of nice, although most people tell me the fabric looks more natural. Not sure how Prime 1 capes are so I don't know the wire strength or if it will hold over long periods of time, or the wires sticking out or whatever that someone mentioned in their comparison list. I'm really not sure what to do, ES wouldn't matter so much because I don't think I'll be selling this statue for years. Does the sculpted cape jut out more, is that why the width is almost 7" more on it? I don't mind posing, I think I have a knack for it and it's fun, but at the same time since the sculpt is nice, I wouldn't mind just being able to leave it as is and never have to worry about it. I basically have a couple of hours to decide before Sideshow closes, was wondering if anyone had anymore input, it's been a great read so far, every has really good arguments it's making the decision more difficult, haha, thanks.

It really is a tough call for me, I like the arguments for both of them. They did say they would experiment with a lighter material on the sculpted cape so that leaning probably won't really be an issue and the base is large enough to keep it balanced I think. I guess I'm not really sure how I will be displaying it. Even with fabric, probably won't be able to squeeze it in a BESTA, might be getting PAX for the Prime 1 pieces. Having sculpted though might make it stand out compared to the other Prime 1 statues I might be getting since most have a poseable cape I think. Some sculpted capes also don't look good, didn't like the original Batman and Superman PF capes, but this one actually looks kind of nice, although most people tell me the fabric looks more natural. Not sure how Prime 1 capes are so I don't know the wire strength or if it will hold over long periods of time, or the wires sticking out or whatever that someone mentioned in their comparison list. I'm really not sure what to do, ES wouldn't matter so much because I don't think I'll be selling this statue for years. Does the sculpted cape jut out more, is that why the width is almost 7" more on it? I don't mind posing, I think I have a knack for it and it's fun, but at the same time since the sculpt is nice, I wouldn't mind just being able to leave it as is and never have to worry about it. I basically have a couple of hours to decide before Sideshow closes, was wondering if anyone had anymore input, it's been a great read so far, every has really good arguments it's making the decision more difficult, haha, thanks.
Well the sculpted is on Wait List. So if you haven't gone on that yet, then you don't really have a choice but to go with fabric if you want one gauranteed haha.

I had a waitlist conversion that will be a live order on Monday, but I also pre-ordered the fabric not seeing the TBD ES and thinking it might sell out, plus I thought the conversion would be a long shot since I didn't go on til a day or two after, haha I have the option to transfer the NRD over and cancel the fabric but I honestly don't know which one I prefer since both are great and I don't have how he will be displayed mapped out yet since release isn't until next year or longer
I'm biased because I prefer sculpted. But I'd go sculpted. Someone is bound to make a custom fabric cape for it at some point! So then you're more likely to be able to have both?

I'm biased because I prefer sculpted. But I'd go sculpted. Someone is bound to make a custom fabric cape for it at some point! So then you're more likely to be able to have both?

Isn't the "space/peg" between the head and body a lot bigger and deeper on the sculpted since it needs to be able to support the cape? I remember I saw it posted somewhere and someone said that would make it difficult to have a fabric cape compared to a lot of other statues, but I don't know much about customs so I'm not sure, I'm never into really paying extra for another option, it's usually one and done for me so I have to be really selective in what I get.

The fabric side of it for me is mostly for display since I can angle it various ways and rotate the base so that it fits wherever it will go (in case that will be an issue), and also for the natural "cape" look and to go with one of the Batman statues which seems to have mostly poseable capes (except Hush which I'm still not 100% sure if I will get the black variant yet or not because I prefer a standing Batman, or one that's a little bit taller in stature). The rotating base of the fabric is at 28" and I wonder, but don't know, if I could rotate that base so it's a little bit less than 28" wide and rotate the Superman statue so he still faces forward.

However, like another collector, I think I don't like mixed media statues as much anymore, the cape portion I'm still maybe okay with but not on the body or rest of the statue, but the ease of just setting it and forgetting it is tempting, plus maintenance is easier. I just might not be able to display him in a cabinet is what I'm worried about at this point. Their new 52 Superman cape looks nice in photos although some angles it might seem a little weird but not much, other than that, I've only had the Batman and Superman PFs and I might be the only one but I absolutely hated those capes :lol they looked weird and unnatural, Supes a little better but again, that was Sideshow and not Prime 1, never really seen their sculpted til new 52.

I realize a lot of the difficult in deciding is because I don't really know much about a lot of things so I'm trying to find out more information perhaps. I don't know how true it is but I get the feeling sometimes that some people don't like fabric capes because they don't have the patience or know-how to work with them, and it's not a bad thing, I know I would struggle with model-kits so I wouldn't get those myself, or maybe some other example, so I'm not sure if that factors into some people preferring sculpted over fabric, because it may be too difficult or frustrating? I'm not knocking either one, I'm just curious to learn more about the reasons why some go for one over the other, and apologies for the essays, I tend to just type out everything that goes through my mind :lol I've been reading some comments in statueforum too and I'm in the same boat, just undecided right now

28660287_1983742285224819_2765619699983836615_n.jpg

28698901_1983742311891483_7577420045447520723_o.jpg

I had a waitlist conversion that will be a live order on Monday, but I also pre-ordered the fabric not seeing the TBD ES and thinking it might sell out, plus I thought the conversion would be a long shot since I didn't go on til a day or two after, haha I have the option to transfer the NRD over and cancel the fabric but I honestly don't know which one I prefer since both are great and I don't have how he will be displayed mapped out yet since release isn't until next year or longer

I got on it the same day and no conversion yet! What gives? :) Is anyone else’s converting who got on it a day or two later?

I got on it the same day and no conversion yet! What gives? :) Is anyone else’s converting who got on it a day or two later?

I just looked and I got on the list at 8:42 PM EST the day it went up for order. Does anyone know what time it sold out???

I just looked and I got on the list at 8:42 PM EST the day it went up for order. Does anyone know what time it sold out???

I wish i could transfer my sculpted order to you i am going to cancel it next year when it hopefully gets delayed because i am buying the fabric locally because i will likely save around $500aud.

I’m sure it will convert eventually but I’m still completely baffled by waitlists converting for people who got on the list after me. I know I keep asking but does anyone have experience with this?

I asked Sideshow and they gave me a canned waitlist reply.

I’m still undecided regarding fabric/sculpted as well. It is the great collecting debate of 2018 even though it won’t be realized until 2020!

I may end up cancelling the sculpt one as well so that waitlist conversion may fall to you; for some reason, I feel like I might ultimately prefer capes to be fabric but not 100% sure with this piece. Does anyone know if the sculpt cape will have any texturing on it like the red in his suit or will it look glossy smooth? If I do end up getting the black Hush Batman variant, the sculpted would look better together....

This fabric photo looks to be posed like the sculpted is, seems there's a lot more length to the fabric cape which I'm not sure yet if it's a good thing or bad thing.

Tokyo-Comic-Con-2017-Prime-1-Studio-002.jpg

smhush10.jpg

This is also a beautiful shot almost profile of the sculpted

Prime-1-Hush-Superman-Statue-007.jpg

I think the first picture in your post is interesting because look at Batman; it’s sitting on some kind of base to make it look a little taller next to Superman. Kind of like someone from P1 realized these 2 next to each other maybe makes the Batman statue pale in comparison or something.

Back