Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this statue is based off of two sources of Jim Lee Art.The main source being 2004 Superman 204 pg.6 where Superman is talking to Father Leone in a Church.He is in the air same pose as the statue and you see the two Angels on his sides.The second is 2002 Batman Hush where he is in a similar position in the air.Poison Ivy has control of him and that is most likely where the Ivy comes from and the only real connection to Hush.
I like that Jason Fabok did a nice Jim Lee rendition for Action Comics 1000.

Attachments

• jim lee batman hush superman2 pg.jpg
    jim lee batman hush superman2 pg.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 174
  • lim lee batman hush superman pg.jpg
    lim lee batman hush superman pg.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 167
  • superman-poison-ivy-hush-jim-1.jpg
    superman-poison-ivy-hush-jim-1.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 2018 action comics #1000 1.JPG
    2018 action comics #1000 1.JPG
    496.5 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
If you check the source material...after the sewer attack, Superman is floating behind Ivy...he has a very stern look on his face. It's not exactly the most line-defined work of art either as his face is a lot of shadows. Given the source material I think they did a great job.
Of course, I'm buying one so I might be a bit biased. :D
View attachment 447642

I don’t have any problem with Supes having a stern expression, but I don’t think the P1 statue looks like the Superman in those panels. The portraits have far more angular lines, and appear about 20 years older.

I don’t have any problem with Supes having a stern expression, but I don’t think the P1 statue looks like the Superman in those panels. The portraits have far more angular lines, and appear about 20 years older.

I agree he looks older, is why I commented that it looks like Frank Miller rather than Jim Lee (portrait wise).

Look at the kotobukiya for tomorrow Jim Lee statue, there is an obvious difference

Wow, tough crowd. Its totally Jim Lee Superman but I will not need another Superman anything after this statue. .....Then again if P1 were to do a Curt Swan Superman....I guess we all have different ideas conjured when we think of our perfect depiction of Superman.

One of the things I've always enjoyed about comics is the way different artists interpret the characters we all enjoy. Superman has been one of my favorites for a very long time. I enjoy seeing the way Lee, Fabok, Dell'Otto, Turner and even Miller draw him, just to name a few.

With that being said, is this a carbon copy of Lee's work, no, not at all. However, it draws heavy inspiration from it. The great thing is, if this one isn't for you, there are other Superman pieces out there that might fit more of your ideal image.

Unless they make a really nice Chris Reeve Superman, this will be the one and only to rule them all for me as well.

Any luck with the cape pose?

It's hard to imagine this Superman statue being bettered but I wouldn't be surprised if the P1 Fabok Superman comes close.

Be very interesting to see what look and pose they go for.

Any luck with the cape pose?

I tried for a bit the other night. The right side will go, the left is problematic because of how it lifts. The wire will lift without a problem, but I couldn't get it to hold once the weight from the remaining parts of the cape settled into it.

Some crazy talk going on in this thread about the headsculpt. Jim lee has drawn many different incarnations of superman over the years, most of his older works look more like this statue, a stern older looking supes.. his newer stuff especially the new 52 drawings had a very young looking superman, but that's because he was just getting started again. Like another poster pointed out that's the cool thing about comics there are a lot of different incarnations, I wouldn't say one looks more like superman than the other. Having said that this does look like Jim Lee Superman too me, it just doesn't look like his new 52 drawings. Lastly, why limit yourself to 1 superman statue anyway?? Buy this one and the fabak one, the Miller one.. hell buy every badass incarnation of him in polystone form you can afford, the more the merrier. You can never have too many supes statues in the collection.

Some crazy talk going on in this thread about the headsculpt. Jim lee has drawn many different incarnations of superman over the years, most of his older works look more like this statue, a stern older looking supes.. his newer stuff especially the new 52 drawings had a very young looking superman, but that's because he was just getting started again. Like another poster pointed out that's the cool thing about comics there are a lot of different incarnations, I wouldn't say one looks more like superman than the other. Having said that this does look like Jim Lee Superman too me, it just doesn't look like his new 52 drawings. Lastly, why limit yourself to 1 superman statue anyway?? Buy this one and the fabak one, the Miller one.. hell buy every badass incarnation of him in polystone form you can afford, the more the merrier. You can never have too many supes statues in the collection.

I was referring to Hush. Paging through those issues, Superman looks distinctly younger than the portraits on this statue.

That is what am worried about if the Fabok Superman blows me out of the water ill be buying that one to. Regardless i do not regret this purchase this is amazing.

In theory that's nice but in the real world we all have finite space so buying them all just isn't an option.

That said I find it hard to see myself not getting the Fabok Superman as well, unless it's New 52 or has a base deeper than 50cm.

It's hard to imagine this Superman statue being bettered but I wouldn't be surprised if the P1 Fabok Superman comes close.

Be very interesting to see what look and pose they go for.

Personally I love this Hush Superman, he is causing me to break my only 1/4 scale rule. Pose, sculpt, presence, paint, and Art direction is just EPIC!. I am wondering if a Fabok Superman would be classic suit or the new Rebirth suit? I believe Superman comics has the new Rebirth costume while the Action Comics is now classic. If someone knows otherwise please correct me.

Personally I love this Hush Superman, he is causing me to break my only 1/4 scale rule. Pose, sculpt, presence, paint, and Art direction is just EPIC!. I am wondering if a Fabok Superman would be classic suit or the new Rebirth suit? I believe Superman comics has the new Rebirth costume while the Action Comics is now classic. If someone knows otherwise please correct me.

Fairly sure both are back to his classic suit since Action Comics #1000.

I would be fine with the Rebirth suit(as long as it's not the early version with blue boots) but given the short amount of time he wore that suit it probably makes sense to go with what he's wearing now. Just not the New 52 armoured look please.

Fairly sure both are back to his classic suit since Action Comics #1000.

I would be fine with the Rebirth suit(as long as it's not the early version with blue boots) but given the short amount of time he wore that suit it probably makes sense to go with what he's wearing now. Just not the New 52 armoured look please.

The blue boots made no sense, I do prefer the Rebirth style over the New 52. But I am cool with Classic as it is what I grew up on.

Back