1:1 Scale Puppet Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had this? If so, can you post photos? The head seems to fall backwards a lot. Is there something special to do to keep it from doing that?

I got him, just have a few questions about him. He looks great in person so I don't know what others seem to dislike. But I just hate that his head flops back so easily. I also wish I could keep his mouth closed.

I screamed a total of 3 times yesterday after getting him. I had forgotten and he was just THERE!

He doesn't seem to collect dust, nope. He will eventually but it isn't quickly. He'll be easy to dust though. I am just thankful for the price that cornerstorecomics had him at. I wouldn't pay over $200 for him. He's not worth the original $325 price tag. Not to me.

DSCN0446.jpg

thats...just a strange collectible. what's to call that a puppet of angel and not joe billy bob from down the street?

thats...just a strange collectible. what's to call that a puppet of angel and not joe billy bob from down the street?

I think he looks just like that in the episode. Then again it's been a long time, so I could be wrong.

Attachments

• ae.jpg
    ae.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 16
  • ar2.jpg
    ar2.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 18
  • ar2c.jpg
    ar2c.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 17
  • ar1c.jpg
    ar1c.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 22
  • ar1.jpg
    ar1.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 17
you mean there is a puppet angel episode? my apologies. i thought it was just some oddball collectible made because they were being wacky! Like the Firefly stuffed animal. :lol

you mean there is a puppet angel episode? my apologies. i thought it was just some oddball collectible made because they were being wacky! Like the Firefly stuffed animal. :lol

The episode is called "Smile Time." It's a must see if you're an Angel fan.

BG, how'd you get his mouth to even close that much? Mine always looks way to wide open. I also got mine a while ago for $200, which is a pretty good deal. The only miss is that the stand is too short and the mouth should have a way to close and open and maintain the pose.

He freaks my wife out everytime she goes into the room he's in :)

It took a while to get Angel right on that stand. He was floating for the longest time. It was kind of creepy. Then he just kind of 'settled' in. The mouth, I was just moving it around, trying to re-bend it, etc. And it just stayed that way.

I too paid $200 and got free shipping. He was definitely worth the price. I love him. Still makes me jump when I go into the room. But I am glad he's there cause he's just a cool puppet.

i was really disapointed with the puppets they released. if you compare it to the one from the show, its very different, which is bizarre since they used the original as a reference....

Actually, I think the in hand 1:1 puppet looks pretty close to the show. The promo pictures they used for the puppet are nothing like the actual product. For the life of me, I can't fathom why they didn't update the promo photos when it was released to market. I only bought mine because I finally found a photo of the actual product. It is still very difficult to find an accurate photo on the web, outside this message board...

i was really disapointed with the puppets they released. if you compare it to the one from the show, its very different, which is bizarre since they used the original as a reference....

It's a jolly looking puppet, but I agree the accuracy could have been a lot better, especially considering the high price tag. As willowswarlock points out they did have access to the original, so what on earth happened.

All in all It was a great episode though. Pity Spike didn't have his puppet around the time. :lol

smiletime1.jpg

The puppet looks great in person, but I will admit, it is still off from the on screen puppet. The replica's face is very round, missing a lot of that tall forehead that the screen used one has. And his hair is a lot higher up/taller (like, A LOT) than the replica. Also, the replica has black hair with brown highlights. The screen used does not. And his ears are kind of pinned back on the replica, on screen, they stick out.

Back