1:1 Proton Pack (completed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well I recently started a very large project with a friend who is helping me with the build itself, something I've wanted a very long time, a 1:1 Ghostbusters Proton Pack. We are using a fiberglass shell pulled from one of the original packs, as many real and aluminum parts as possible, the best non-metal thrower available (an all aluminum thrower is very rare and runs around $500), and a full light and sound kit. We're already about 2k deep into this bad boy and it's finally starting to come to life so I thought I'd share it with everyone here. It will be finished in time for this Halloween. First progress shot from him on the thrower.

ProtonOne.jpg

The front grip swivels and the tip extends like in the film.

Re: What did you do, Ray?!

Looks great! I can't wait to see it finished! Seems like years I've been gathering parts for my 1/1. Can't wait to see more of this!

Here's a demonstration (not on my pack) of the light and sound kit and what it will be like, the thrower will also be fully lit and the bar graph will change when it's being fired, the tip will of course light up and pulsate. Again this isn't my pack just the light/sound kit :

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj7h1owsHZM[/ame]

We'll be using two 4" speakers and an amp and will cut out the rear motherboard to house them, then cover the cavities with mesh, this will make it nice and loud and unmuffled.

Wow that's going to be f____g awesome!

Oh this will be a fun one!

My build took me almost 2 years but thats becuase I went balls to the wall with it. Real clippards, custom ribbon cable, aluminum gun, the works (hellboys on the mind right now)

ever been to gbfans.com? I'm gonna guess you have. If not, its a fantastic site for parts, photos, and tips. It was my bible while I made mine.

Awesome project, I'll be following this thread!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0fSklnPMAQ&feature=share&list=PLEC25FE3EFCB49F34[/ame]

Ribbon will be shortened, rolled tighter then tied off with a few extra clamps.

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

Thanks man, hopefully we should be wrapping this build up this weekend and I'll post more pics and a video once the light and sound boards in.

Badass, dude! Tell me you're gonna rock this thing from time to time, and not just set it in an acrylic case or something.

Proton pack is finished, click to play. Sorry, my Youtube isn't working.

Thanks man, it's pretty cool to wear. With the amp, you can really feel it come alive when you power up.

Back