Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine today, and I'm super happy with it! Pink doesn't bother me too much. I love everything about it :)

20201105_180407.jpg
https://twitter.com/FoxHound1984/status/1324455584981274625?s=19

On a side note, I'm not sure why my images are importing sideways lol

Attachments

• 20201105_181821.jpg
    20201105_181821.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 218
  • 20201105_151432.jpg
    20201105_151432.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 223
Looking forward to the first custom hover pram for this piece. Someone has to do it.

There must have been a hell of a lot of day one pre-orders if they are fulfilling orders in ?daily waves? and plenty of us day one folk still havent even recieve a preparing to ship notice.

e911b601a6178c49e372a6878abdee15.jpg

Had the same email yesterday. This is looking like both of ours will be on the same flight to the uk. 👍

Had the same email yesterday. This is looking like both of ours will be on the same flight to the uk. ��

Same for me, but I dont even have the shipping cost (living in Switzerland). Would be nice to get it before christmas :D

If you have something blatantly damaged like that Sideshow will take care of it at their own expense. It does again beg the question what kind of strange material is used on this? A resin that can be dented in like that without cracking or breaking? What???

It doesn't seem dented, rather like it was cast and then deformed at a later time. Like air bubbles deflating over time. The cheek and chin area are also "withered"...

If you have something blatantly damaged like that Sideshow will take care of it at their own expense. It does again beg the question what kind of strange material is used on this? A resin that can be dented in like that without cracking or breaking? What???

In most cases in the past, Sideshow would send me a replacement but would require completely destroying the damaged product and to send them pictures.

Just got the little green spud. No crazy pink and no dents thank goodness, I love he has a slight look left on the sculpt it really gives realism (as much as can be with a foot tall alien :)) Like him lots.

USavVdZ.jpg

For anyone else here who might have placed an order with Timewalker, I got a response from them today on when they might receive this:

First, though we placed a substantial factory order with Sideshow very early on, we were told from the beginning that The Child would be arriving over time in several waves.

Second, Sideshow almost always services some of their own retail customers first, but I can assure you that only a small fraction of Sideshow's orders have been filled so far.

Third, I have asked my Sideshow rep to give me an update on when we might see some, if not all, of our order. As soon as we have this information, it will be posted on the product record for this item.

Just came in. I used a fresh microfiber towel and a tiny bit of water on towel just took my time going over lightly the cheeks and nose. Looks great but started with way to much pink
42455818-6923-4CD8-B2A0-945CB2969BD1.jpegC66B4CAC-EE1F-4C05-B3E4-39F8F4ABDC07.jpeg

Yep those with the reduced pink look great.

I guess the optimist in me says that at least it's easy to take the pink off. Better than needing to put more colour on I guess.

@Jaymig. I heard the shawl around the neck/shoulders is held in place with a couple of stitches which could prevent being able to place it up more around the neck. Did you need to cut the threads to get the look you achieved ? It looks so much better like you have it imo.

I didn’t cut anything it’s attached to his shoulders but they pull up his sleeves depending on how you adjust his collar so I left it. Futzing the collar makes a world of difference but I don’t really see anyone doing it. It gives him more if a baby feel and hides the neck

I didn?t cut anything it?s attached to his shoulders but they pull up his sleeves depending on how you adjust his collar so I left it. Futzing the collar makes a world of difference but I don?t really see anyone doing it. It gives him more if a baby feel and hides the neck

Looks great. I didn?t even think of adjusting the the sleeves first while trying to futz him :slap
I was pulling the collar up and his whole outfit would raise up showing off his chicken feet which I didn?t wanna do :D

wow, with all these pics, Sideshow did one amazing job.
Baby Yoda looks life like and its a piece or art. Awesome job Sideshow crew
thx guys for sharing the pics and cant wait to get mine

Yeah mine has a place reserved in the living room (not the collection room) ! So that says something.

Back