Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah no doubt directly under a studio light there. Especially when you can see the shadows on the underside of the ears.

I'm so excited for this. Haven't really be giving it much attention since I pre-ordered. But looks so cool.

Just wish they had been able to give even just the arms and neck some articulation. To be able to give it a slightly different look from time to time.

I know the HT version can do that. But this time the SS has the edge on sculpt etc. Base is also quite nice imo.

Sorry, I was practicing doom and gloom for the 1/6 forum. It does look way better than those pics from a few weeks ago, just their studio lighting throwing the colour off maybe. I?m impressed by the sheer size of it, for some reason I always imagine him as tiny. Not into that base though, it reminds me of one of those plastic covered weight plates. Still, who needs a base when you plan on carrying everywhere with you in a backpack.

Sorry, I was practicing doom and gloom for the 1/6 forum. It does look way better than those pics from a few weeks ago, just their studio lighting throwing the colour off maybe. I?m impressed by the sheer size of it, for some reason I always imagine him as tiny. Not into that base though, it reminds me of one of those plastic covered weight plates. Still, who needs a base when you plan on carrying everywhere with you in a backpack.

I was thinking more a Babybjorn...

Nothing beats seeing a piece in person but I am pretty impressed with how this appears to have turned out. I liked Sideshow's display idea, might try to find a smaller slice of wood for myself. My most anticipated coming soon collectibles are this and the Sideshow Rancor.
65e217c60571a911c38396cabd41410b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah I think this turned out really damn good. And the color looks pretty accurate to me, the only difference is the puppet is usually more softly lit or lit more from behind, so the colors appear richer and less washed out.

121062002_10222151556750736_2700625108814064636_n.jpg

121070536_10222151557070744_7868235093325853143_n.jpg

besides the collar coat change, it seems the facial paint details are a bit light or soft and the green skin color seems a bit darker, than lighter or translucent look
other than that, I still think the child looks pretty damn rocking

And I'm not a fan of static/non possible figures or statues.
This is just a guess, maybe baby yoda is 15" without base.
So, I'm curious what the body frame looks like and if I'm able to add a possible body.

anyways can't wait to the figure

Happy I stuck with SS for this. Does anyone have a link to the video, please? I've searched youtube but he's not highlighted anywhere.

EDIT - d/w found it

Happy I stuck with SS for this. Does anyone have a link to the video, please? I've searched youtube but he's not highlighted anywhere.

EDIT - d/w found it

Which Sideshow video should I be watching for The Child - Live from Booth, Day 3?

I liked the Hot Toys concept of removable ears with a different expression but the SSC looks good without the seam.

Which Sideshow video should I be watching for The Child - Live from Booth, Day 3?

I liked the Hot Toys concept of removable ears with a different expression but the SSC looks good without the seam.

It's the 'Live From the Booth: Sideshow's Matinee - Day 2' at around 58 minutes in.
Can't post the link. Typically, buffering issues when they are discussing the figure...

That's incredible!

Decimates the HT - but then again, this has been sculpted by the actual people, so it makes sense.

Going to feel like a long wait until it's in hand now :(

It's the 'Live From the Booth: Sideshow's Matinee - Day 2' at around 58 minutes in.
Can't post the link. Typically, buffering issues when they are discussing the figure...

Thanks, I watched the videos.

They actually showed a peak of the legs and feet - not sure if that was shown before but that was the 1st time I have seen anything under the robe.

SSC actually posted 2 videos on Day 2 with the Child piece - the one with the female presenter did not have the buffering issues, the male one did.

That's incredible!

Decimates the HT - but then again, this has been sculpted by the actual people, so it makes sense.

Going to feel like a long wait until it's in hand now :(

Hopefully that proto will translate to the final production piece.

I feel like the piece really shines under natural light, in the earlier prototype pics SSC showed a few months ago.

Under natural light, there was a translucent nature to the skin and ears in particular that brought the skin to life. This was not as evident under the studio lights.

They posted this on their IG. Think they went overboard with the pink shading.
765558ccc82f238665cd5d63b3edac87.png

de1dc22b2a1924f699b46757a7534834.png

Sheesh if that camera get any closer you will see he is also missing nose hairs.

Camera is so close his head is warped lol

Will look fine from a normal distance.

Still looks great to me :dunno I?d say it?s like 95% quality compared to the prototype. Probably the best life sized Baby Yoda we?re ever gonna get, unless you fancy paying Lucasfilm a few million for the actual puppet.

:exactly: The intense lighting isn't helping either.

Yup it always comes down to the lighting.

Still looks great to me :dunno I?d say it?s like 95% quality compared to the prototype. Probably the best life sized Baby Yoda we?re ever gonna get, unless you fancy paying Lucasfilm a few million for the actual puppet.

Yup either pony up 10 million or $500 your choice lol

Back