Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sBffDlU.png

Probably just me, but at first glance I thought this was from a deep fake with Anne Hathaway as WW. Regardless, not Gal's best look. :lol

Screenshot_2021-01-21 E People's Choice on Twitter.jpeg

....... of all the pics to post u choose this lol

:lol Well I think it's an intense look, when heroes get wounded and damaged in battle.

Probably just me, but at first glance I thought this was from a deep fake with Anne Hathaway as WW. Regardless, not Gal's best look. :lol

View attachment 504253

:lol :lol AW as WW, hmm interesting.

I posted the pic because it's just brutal (and awesome in a way) seeing the heroes get hurt in battles. Plus I want a battle-damaged figure!

I finally watched the whole movie, and despite knowing the criticisms I actually enjoyed and found it fun :lol

Of course, I agree that the wishing stone plot seemed lackluster; my biggest nitpick is that I would've liked to have more of Diana in her WW garb doing WW things lol I quite liked seeing WW battle Barbara and seeing her being overwhelmed (with her powers being distorted) and bloodied up. My favorite scene would have to be WW learning to fly, I think that sequence was well done; also the first scenes in Themyscira with a young Diana participating in the challenges. The Golden suit only showed up for the climax, I was a bit surprised given how much it was marketed lol I would've liked to have seen more of Cheetah though, too.

I recall Patty Jenkins exiting Thor 2 because of creative differences, and people were blaming the mess that was Thor The Dark World because they let Patty go (especially after the success of WW). From my understanding, she was given a lot of creative freedom in this movie... Which makes me fear for what will happen to the upcoming Rogue Squadron movie. Maybe it'll turn out well given her personal links to the topic of fighter pilots...

WW84 is not a terrible movie, unfortunately, it's not terribly good either. But, as I said in my review, I think Jenkins and Gadot had to get their message out of their systems, and hopefully they can get back to making a solid superhero movie. Because I really felt WW84 was a very very feminine movie. Nothing wrong about that, but it did feel like a movie made by women, about women and for women. I enjoyed it, but the first was simply stronger IMHO.

I thought it was laughably bad. Such a shame because I really enjoyed the first one.

I thought it was laughably bad. Such a shame because I really enjoyed the first one.

I think they focused too much on what made the first one fun, but forgot they actually had to string everything together into a cohesive story.

There's no consistency between the two films.

You got a gritty war movie and then the sequel is an afterschool special.

It’s a shame I have this streamed on an app on my 4K fire stick since they took it off HBOMAX and I’ve only watched it twice , were as the first film I’ve watched over a dozen times :slap

There's no consistency between the two films.

You got a gritty war movie and then the sequel is an afterschool special.

Actually, they both have very similar concepts, but the implementation on the second one was so bad:

- They both have a sequence about young Diana in Themyscira
- They both feature conflict introduced by a god/gods
- They both feature fish out of water scenarios (including a dress-up montage)
- There is Diana and Trevor's love story

Could be more...

The main issue of the sequel I think is that the filmmakers took that list of "cool" scenes and strung them up together to create a story instead of creating a story and then stringing up cool scenes within that said story.

Very good points.
I di hope they get their act back together and deliver a solid part 3. Knowing WB, however, it'll probably be some awful knee-jerk reaction type of movie...

Back