1/6 Hot Toys - TMS126 - The Clone Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi (DeathWatch Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The timed release or 24 hour order window wouldn’t work for how HT is releasing these exclusives. They’re manufactured and ready for shipping. There’s an amount made and that’s it. Done. It does kinda suck for those that really wanted the figure (at retail).
There’s a bunch of “confirmed order” sales on eBay (thanks guys 💩).
How they sold Arena Fett went well, I think, for the people that really wanted the figure. It sold out quickly, but posting it for sale without the lottery system gave people a better chance and I don’t think attracted as many resellers. Don’t get me wrong, I think people have the right to do that, but it’d be a courtesy to give the collectors a chance.

IMG_5250.jpeg

Quick shot with CW Maul. Love it!

Man, the more I see of this, the more I'm happy I was able to grab one.

It is just a bunch of reused pieces, but it just works.

For all the reused pieces too, I didn’t realize they didn’t throw in the Death Watch blaster like they did for the Mauldalorian. May have to scoop a loose one up since this guy will just be a generic grunt for me:lol

Looks like a new helmet, the brow looks thicker than the esb boba helmet they used for so long.

Has anyone taken the new Kenobi sculpt and tried it on the ROTS body?

It’s not a simple swap unfortunately. ROTS has a solid, one piece head/neck and Mando Obi is a separate head/neck setup with HT’s funky new connector.
I’ve gotta say, I do not like the new connector. It can be a pain to line up correctly and get the head on, and sometimes it’ll knock the eyes out of their pose.

I’ve gotta say, I do not like the new connector. It can be a pain to line up correctly and get the head on, and sometimes it’ll knock the eyes out of their pose.
Not to mention clear plastic. That won't last. I may have to CAD a 3D printable replacement at some point for all the inevitable "connector broke" folk

Back