Zavvi BVS Superman pre order issues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garysykes35

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a heads up to AVOID Zavvi for pre ordering BVS Superman.

They advertised 10th June as the release date but as of today still haven't secured themselves any stock! I've been all over them on their site and bugging them on Twitter but still no joy!

I stupidly passed on one at London Comic Con in May with the kryptonite for £200................

Hi All,

Just a heads up to AVOID Zavvi for pre ordering BVS Superman.

They advertised 10th June as the release date but as of today still haven't secured themselves any stock! I've been all over them on their site and bugging them on Twitter but still no joy!

I stupidly passed on one at London Comic Con in May with the kryptonite for £200................

Yeah, I ordered one off them too... not overly worried yet as I don't think anybody's had them yet. I'll give it a little time.

...Just read on the Superman thread that SS are saying they are shipping on 23rd June.

I'm just worried about their complete lack of communication and zero clue as to even a rough date. They've now removed him from their site too!
Fingers crossed they get stock!

I'm just worried about their complete lack of communication and zero clue as to even a rough date. They've now removed him from their site too!
Fingers crossed they get stock!

What good would providing another estimate do? Especially for them in this situation? Your complaining about the last one. If they give you another one and it doesn't happen at that date they are back in the same situation. They are estimates. And they have zero control over it. They get the info third hand. Hot toys tells the distributor when they estimate it to them (a guess) them the distributor tells the store (another guess) when they think it will get to them. Then the store estimates when they will ship. That's a guess, based on a guess, that's based on a guess, that's based on a guess.

Zavvi CS is rubbish. When they do respond it's very generic.

I've had a couple of orders cancelled but also picked up a couple of bargains.
On a side note, I've also received a couple of statues minus shippers which bugs me, OCD I know...

My advice is if you really want something, via pre-order, go elsewhere. I only order in stock items from then now and only when they have a decent discount.

Yeah, they're not a good site to preorder from. Forbidden Planet as well has issues sometimes. When Preordering doesn't require a deposit so it from multiple places!

Zavvi CS is rubbish. When they do respond it's very generic.

I've had a couple of orders cancelled but also picked up a couple of bargains.
On a side note, I've also received a couple of statues minus shippers which bugs me, OCD I know...

My advice is if you really want something, via pre-order, go elsewhere. I only order in stock items from then now and only when they have a decent discount.

Hmmm... wasn't too worried before, but some of these replies have got me concerned!
The figure isn't actually out, so I won't jump the gun just yet!

I totally avoid zavvi, I orders something off them, they told me they could not secure any and cancelled my order. A year later, they took the money from my account and it arrived.

Not ordered from them since.

I totally avoid zavvi, I orders something off them, they told me they could not secure any and cancelled my order. A year later, they took the money from my account and it arrived.

Not ordered from them since.

Damn, that's not good... really got my fingers crossed for this going through ok now, but won't be ordering again!

I didn't post the whole story as I didn't want to look like a serial complainer....... But it all started cause a few weeks after I pre ordered I had to change my credit card due to a faulty chip! I contacted their customer services to say that I needed to change the payment details and they said I couldn't! They said I had to wait for the payment failure email and change the card number then. Come the 10th June (the date they said I would get him) I still hadn't heard anything so I chased them up. I got an email from someone in customer services saying that my payment had failed and that they had sent my order to someone else!!! Red rag to a bull. I spent a few days (due to them taking soooo long to reply) and eventually someone said that that person had made a mistake, my order hadn't been passed on and that they had no idea when they would secure stock! From that day they also pulled Superman from their website!

On Saturday I eventually did a deal with a nice collector on eBay. I've paid £200 rather than £180 but I don't have to deal with Zavvi so that's money well spent in my opinion!

Will post a pic or two when he arrives this week! Can't wait!

I didn't post the whole story as I didn't want to look like a serial complainer....... But it all started cause a few weeks after I pre ordered I had to change my credit card due to a faulty chip! I contacted their customer services to say that I needed to change the payment details and they said I couldn't! They said I had to wait for the payment failure email and change the card number then. Come the 10th June (the date they said I would get him) I still hadn't heard anything so I chased them up. I got an email from someone in customer services saying that my payment had failed and that they had sent my order to someone else!!! Red rag to a bull. I spent a few days (due to them taking soooo long to reply) and eventually someone said that that person had made a mistake, my order hadn't been passed on and that they had no idea when they would secure stock! From that day they also pulled Superman from their website!

On Saturday I eventually did a deal with a nice collector on eBay. I've paid £200 rather than £180 but I don't have to deal with Zavvi so that's money well spent in my opinion!

...Just checked and it appears that my Paypal hasn't been debited anyway, so may look to pick this up elsewhere.

Will post a pic or two when he arrives this week! Can't wait!

Did you get a refund from Zavvi, or did you not pay them anyway (due to you credit card)?

I paid via Paypal, so wondering what to do now!

Did you get a refund from Zavvi, or did you not pay them anyway (due to you credit card)?

I paid via Paypal, so wondering what to do now!

I hadn't been charged as I'd used my AMEX card.

They say that they are still working on getting the stock. Several other sites say mid to late July so they've probably just got the dates wrong. If you cancel you'd get a full refund as they haven't held up their end of the pre order.

My problem is that I'm a little impatient and that they lied/cocked up on the order as a whole so I won't deal with them out of principle now!

IMG_4509.jpg

Such a cool figure!!

IMG_4504.jpg

Back