Your GOTY 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell. Based on personal bias, an, overall, good experience, and the best story of the series, Arkham Origins is my game of the year. It's the one I've put the most time into, and, as a Batman fan, it's the one I like the most. With that being said, the absolute best game I played this year is hands down The Last Of Us. The quality, the gameplay, the storyline, the graphics; everything is perfect. Dare I say Naughty Dog may have one upped their Uncharted series.

The Last of Us...

Nothing like it had ever been done. Others were good, but this set a new standard for storytelling, performance, emotion... everything.

Every other (good) game this year was a sequel so they were simply pushing old ideas in new directions.

What the hell. Based on personal bias, an, overall, good experience, and the best story of the series, Arkham Origins is my game of the year. It's the one I've put the most time into, and, as a Batman fan, it's the one I like the most. With that being said, the absolute best game I played this year is hands down The Last Of Us. The quality, the gameplay, the storyline, the graphics; everything is perfect. Dare I say Naughty Dog may have one upped their Uncharted series.

:lecture This is what I've concluded so far. Although Assassin's Creed 4 has started to eat up a lot of my free time lately. Purely brilliant. I will say I've been tired of the series as of late (starting with Revelations), and 3 was seemingly the nail in the coffin for the series at the time. But now I hope they can continue to push what they started with 4.

Last edited:
The Last of Us...

Nothing like it had ever been done. Others were good, but this set a new standard for storytelling, performance, emotion... everything.

Every other (good) game this year was a sequel so they were simply pushing old ideas in new directions.

Good point.

Seems like 90% of the people here voted TLOU too.

I've heard a lot of people say "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons" is their GOTY.

Anyone here who's played it care to share their opinion on the game?

DOTA 2. GAME OF THE YEAR. EVERY YEAR.

no i kid. 2013 was a pretty bad year for gaming. but thats only my opinion

I've heard a lot of people say "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons" is their GOTY.

Anyone here who's played it care to share their opinion on the game?
It's a really cool game. Different from anything you've played before since you're controlling two characters at the same time. It's a single player co-op game basically. It's story driven and touching, but only through the visuals as the characters speak a made up language. It's a fun, laid back adventure game with light puzzles. It's over very quickly though. I finished it in about 2 hours. Still a great game though.

2013 was a pretty bad year for gaming. but thats only my opinion

I'm curious, what games did you play? 2013 seems that got some of the best games of this (or "the past") generation, and if I'm not mistaken, a lot of people will say it got the best game of the gen, (I don't think I need to repeat it's name :lol)

I'm curious, what games did you play? 2013 seems that got some of the best games of this (or "the past") generation, and if I'm not mistaken, a lot of people will say it got the best game of the gen, (I don't think I need to repeat it's name :lol)

:lecture

2013 was an amazing year for gaming. TLOU, Bioshock Inifinite, Metal Gear Rising, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Beyond Two Souls (haven't played it as yet, but heard it was great), etc.

That one needs a sequel, in the big 80's retro-futuristic city of L.A. :yess:

Oh man, I think I love that game a little too much :lol. A sequel definitely needs to be in order... perhaps something with the "Escape" series and a one-eyed parody of Plissken on a surfboard :rotfl.

Oh man, I think I love that game a little too much :lol. A sequel definitely needs to be in order... perhaps something with the "Escape" series and a one-eyed parody of Plissken on a surfboard :rotfl.

:exactly: Sounds good to me :lol

I think you need to see this, if you haven't already:

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=72RqpItxd8M"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=72RqpItxd8M[/ame]

The Last of Us.

At some point during the winter section I realized that the game was one of the best games I've ever played. I was afraid that it had peaked and had nowhere to go but then it found a way to keep going and stay fresh. It's the best argument for video games as legitimate art.

Anyone who isn't a regular listener of the Indoor Kids podcast, they did a really good one with Bruce Straley, the game director of The Last of Us, awhile back. It's episode 107. Very entertaining and insightful.

https://www.nerdist.com/podcast/the-indoor-kids/

The Last of Us.

At some point during the winter section I realized that the game was one of the best games I've ever played. I was afraid that it had peaked and had nowhere to go but then it found a way to keep going and stay fresh. It's the best argument for video games as legitimate art.

Anyone who isn't a regular listener of the Indoor Kids podcast, they did a really good one with Bruce Straley, the game director of The Last of Us, awhile back. It's episode 107. Very entertaining and insightful.

https://www.nerdist.com/podcast/the-indoor-kids/

Thanks for the link Brent! Awesome to know you loved TLOU, maybe a custom is coming someday? :lol

Im going to go with Path of Exile. It didnt grab me right away, but has become something of an addiction. Its the dungeon crawling ive always wanted. Its a free to play and does it right, only cosmetic upgrades through the money shop.

Back