Yoda VCD 5 days

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone had a wait list converted for one of these? These pics have made me want to pick one of these up. I'll give SS a week or so before heading over to the bay :emperor

I got one last week off eBay for just over $60 shipped. He arrived yesterday. Fantastic! I love this thing!

:rock

tomandshell said:
I ordered mine almost four weeks ago and it hasn't arrived.

:monkey2

:( That sucks? Who did you order it from?

Similarly, I've had an order for an In-Stock Hot Toys Alien Warrior at SSC for about 2-3 weeks now...

Shameless plug time!!

My review of the VCD Yoda is up at Yodasnews. It's actually been up for a few days now, but I kept forgetting to post the announcement.

Also, I've gone back and revised all the pics in my older Sideshow reviews. Only Anakin and Luke have been updated on the site though, but feel free to check them out if you want.

https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Sith Lord 0498 said:
My wife wanted one, so I ordered it from Corner Store Comics. It should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. ...

Yes, what is it with Yoda and women? My girlfriend doesn't care to much about SW, but Yoda... Yes, she likes Yoda. Says he's cute! I got her a Kotobukiya Yoda once.
She's also very happy with this Medicom Yoda! I think she even poses him around when I'm not home! :D

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I got her a Kotobukiya Yoda once.

My wife bought me the Koto as a Christmas present. Then she decided to do a focus collection on Yoda, and take one frackin' guess what she stole on me!!! :lol :lol

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Shameless plug time!!

My review of the VCD Yoda is up at Yodasnews. It's actually been up for a few days now, but I kept forgetting to post the announcement.

Also, I've gone back and revised all the pics in my older Sideshow reviews. Only Anakin and Luke have been updated on the site though, but feel free to check them out if you want.

https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Great review Sith Lord, very informative. I've now decided to get this figure. I'd never even considered it before as I assumed it was like the other VCD. I actually stumbled into this thread by accident and the reviews have sold it to me. I also looked back at the previous thread when this figure was announced. Boy did it get some harsh comments. Looks like a winner to me. Hopefully it is winging its way to me from Hong Kong as we speak along with my ROTJ Vader and 2 stormies. I've officially joined the Medicom crowd!!!

Smudger9 said:
Great review Sith Lord, very informative. I've now decided to get this figure. I'd never even considered it before as I assumed it was like the other VCD. I actually stumbled into this thread by accident and the reviews have sold it to me. I also looked back at the previous thread when this figure was announced. Boy did it get some harsh comments. Looks like a winner to me. Hopefully it is winging its way to me from Hong Kong as we speak along with my ROTJ Vader and 2 stormies. I've officially joined the Medicom crowd!!!

Thanks for the compliments, Smudger9. :)

The harsh comments that this figure received during its unveiling were well justified. But that prototype is NOT the figure we got. I don't know if it was a simple repainting of the eye positions or what, but the production Yoda doesn't look stoned like the proto. The final version is leaps and bounds better than what we were expecting!! :)

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Thanks for the compliments, Smudger9. :)

The harsh comments that this figure received during its unveiling were well justified. But that prototype is NOT the figure we got. I don't know if it was a simple repainting of the eye positions or what, but the production Yoda doesn't look stoned like the proto. The final version is leaps and bounds better than what we were expecting!! :)

That's what I figured. Unusual that the final product was better than the prototype.

Smudger9 said:
That's what I figured. Unusual that the final product was better than the prototype.

actually you get alot of that with medicom... with a few exceptions... luke and batman.

Sith Lord, I've never seen your reviews before, but they're great! I hope you do LOTR reviews. Suddenly I have a whole new appreciation for my Luke, and I have now made a big decision: I am going to try and save up enough for a VCD Yoda. Yes, it's true! I though he cost a lot more, but I've seen him for as low as 50 dollars in some places, so I'm gonna try and get one of my very own. Wish me luck!

I never understood the harshing on the solicitation pics - it looks pretty much the same as this guy. Just got him today (from an HK dealer since I missed the PPO) and have to say he's fan-fracking-tastic!

The articulation is just the right amount - the ball joints in the wrists and neck make him able to anything an ESB Yoda needs to. And unlike other Medis he's pretty much in scale with the SSC 1/6 line. When they eventually do Yoda, SSC has a tough act to follow. They'd be wise to stick to the PT Yoda.

CaptainAldeggon said:
Sith Lord, I've never seen your reviews before, but they're great! I hope you do LOTR reviews. Suddenly I have a whole new appreciation for my Luke, and I have now made a big decision: I am going to try and save up enough for a VCD Yoda. Yes, it's true! I though he cost a lot more, but I've seen him for as low as 50 dollars in some places, so I'm gonna try and get one of my very own. Wish me luck!

Unfortunately, no LOTR for me. I've only seen FOTR and bits and pieces of ROTK, so I can't justify buying the line (but they DO look very impressive!!!)

Glad you like the reviews. Hopefully, tonight will see my Kenobi and Mace reviews updated (the web administrator is recovering from a computer crash), and I'll be doing the Probe Droid and Crumb packs soon with a Bespin Han at some point thereafter.

Good luck with getting your Yoda. I bought Michele's (my wife) Yoda from Corner Store Comics, and it came to around $65 after USPS Priority shipping.

Darklord Dave said:
I never understood the harshing on the solicitation pics - it looks pretty much the same as this guy. Just got him today (from an HK dealer since I missed the PPO) and have to say he's fan-fracking-tastic!

The sculpt looks the same, but there's something different about the eyes. I can't put my finger on it, but the production Yoda still looks much better. Honestly, I could care less if the proto pics aren't up to par. At least it wasn't a disappointment when the figure arrived. :)

The articulation is just the right amount - the ball joints in the wrists and neck make him able to anything an ESB Yoda needs to. And unlike other Medis he's pretty much in scale with the SSC 1/6 line. When they eventually do Yoda, SSC has a tough act to follow. They'd be wise to stick to the PT Yoda.

I agree with you there. Sideshow should stick to a PT Yoda. I don't see them being able to do much better on an OT Yoda, so they should just leave well enough alone.

Captain Aldeggon said:

Good luck. I got mine from HK for $61 shipped which is pretty good. SO excited about it. I've been wanting an OT 1/6 yoda and I cant believe one had been done without me realising!!! Its like getting a new figure announcement and it shipping the next day. Awesome.

Fine! everyone talked me into it(with all the praise) i'll get em!:rotfl :cool:
I need a yoda anyways and this looks to be the ONE.

Darklord Dave said:

You know Dave, I see what you mean, but when he was put up for pre-order the pics supplied from Medicom were odd at best and didn't really do the figure justice. Just like most 12" figures you really have to own one to feel the quality.

Here's a pic of Yoda with a promising new student,

bruceyoda.jpg

Back