Yoda VCD 5 days

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
Not I! I had this thing ordered from the time it went up.
hahha I know, you got yours way before the review went up.

but remeber how some people kept bashing it before it even came out? it's just so strange to get a different reaction when the actual product comes out.

snakebeater said:
but remeber how some people kept bashing it before it even came out? it's just so strange to get a different reaction when the actual product comes out.

I know. People need to be more open minded about products from all companies and not just look to rail on them just because.

What a great review! Not only has the man a lot of love for the actual "collectible" he's talking about, but also for Yoda as a (OT) character! Can it get any better than that? I doubt it.
Somehow I must think of the board member that once said that this VCD Yoda looks NOTHING like the real Yoda... Can't remember his name, but perhaps he would change his point of view when he's holding this Medicom Yoda in his hands...?

And remember guys: wars not make one great!

This shot with his frail, elderly appearance and glazed, milky glaucoma eyes looked weird to me:

4342_press03-001.jpg

Look at the difference in the eyes and skin tone:

review_vcdyoda_4.jpg

Like it said in the review, the initial comments about "unique artistic interpretation from Yama****a Shinichi" had us prepared for a Japanese version of Yoda instead of something more screen accurate, which we see that this actually is now that we get a better look. The images from the review reveal him to look more normal than some of us had anticipated--I would have preordered immediately if I had seen any of these shots when he originally went up for sale:

review_vcdyoda_25.jpg

review_vcdyoda_10.jpg

review_vcdyoda_14.jpg

I ignored this initially because I didn't realize what it was until I read the review last night. I guess because it was Medicom Vinyl figure I never even gave it a good look really. Adam's review and pictures convinced a lot of people to buy.

As for not buying from Sideshow, they are sold out currently. Besides, who are you to judge? Last I checked it was still a free country. Anyway buying it from somewhere else, you are still supporting Sideshow because where do you think the other stores are getting their Sideshow product from? Sideshow, maybe?

It'd be nice if SS gave us a status report on their armored and little bodies. I don't like the idea of double dipping if SS has their own Yoda (or Boba, or whoever) planned for later this year.

rainman said:
I ignored this initially because I didn't realize what it was until I read the review last night. I guess because it was Medicom Vinyl figure I never even gave it a good look really. Adam's review and pictures convinced a lot of people to buy.

As for not buying from Sideshow, they are sold out currently. Besides, who are you to judge? Last I checked it was still a free country. Anyway buying it from somewhere else, you are still supporting Sideshow because where do you think the other stores are getting their Sideshow product from? Sideshow, maybe?

It's good to see people warming up to Medicom slowly but surely.

I dont care what ''Q'' said,Sideshow needs more atmospheric pics when they pose theyre product....Look at this gem people were missing because of ordinary/so-so pics......they should see how mcfarlane take pics of they're figures...(www.spawn.com)

rainman said:

Oh, I'm not judging. I'm just taking note. If I where a SSC disciple, I wouldn't dare to buy elsewhere, for it would compromise my credibility. Unless I wouldn't have an other choice of course. Of course you are free to do as you please!

-Don't let the dogma win-
-Be open minded for other products/companies, even if this is a SSC board.

Besides, I've red this "SSC will get their share in the end" comment twice already. Don't you think they'll get more if you buy from them directly? Again: you are free to do as you please!

nash said:
It's good to see people warming up to Medicom slowly but surely.

I didn't realize it was in scale with the Sideshow figures.

One issue I have with Medicom is scale. The other is price.

I ordered the Boba though because I realized that even if Sideshow does make one, to make it look that good, it will probably be about the same price. My biggest worry is the scale though.

This is a Medicom figure so you can't really fault Sideshow for the pictures, unless we know for sure they are Sideshow's pictures. Sideshow is taking more atmospheric pictures. Look at Jabba, Darth Maul and Asajj Ventress for example.

Khev said:
It'd be nice if SS gave us a status report on their armored and little bodies. I don't like the idea of double dipping if SS has their own Yoda (or Boba, or whoever) planned for later this year.
I'm sure they will have some armored characters eventually, but I don't think they will be making little body characters anytime soon. I wouldn't be shocked to see Hobits as part of the VCD line. Sideshow is making plenty of dough with the bodies they already have developed and they make cash on distributing other lines that compliment their own. Perhapes Medicom will release some APE-O-NAUTS:monkey3

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Oh, I'm not judging. I'm just taking note. If I where a SSC disciple, I wouldn't dare to buy elsewhere, for it would compromise my credibility. Unless I wouldn't have an other choice of course. Of course you are free to do as you please!

-Don't let the dogma win-
-Be open minded for other products/companies, even if this is a SSC board.

Besides, I've red this "SSC will get their share in the end" comment twice already. Don't you think they'll get more if you buy from them directly? Again: you are free to do as you please!

I think for most consumers, when the product is exactly the same, price usually wins out over loyalty. I usually buy through Sideshow to get the exclusives, but if I can save money I will go somewhere else. Having to pay for shipping adds 10-20% to the cost. With everything I collect, I need to save as much as possible.

Plus, I think it is good to support online retailers, especially when our retail options are getting fewer and fewer.

If Sideshow wants us to only buy through them, then they are free to change their business model. I like having the abilty to get it somewhere else. This case is a good example. People want to buy this figure and Sideshow is sold out. If they couldn't get it somewhere else, they would have to miss out on it or pay more for it after.

rainman said:
I didn't realize it was in scale with the Sideshow figures.

One issue I have with Medicom is scale. The other is price.

I ordered the Boba though because I realized that even if Sideshow does make one, to make it look that good, it will probably be about the same price. My biggest worry is the scale though.

This is a Medicom figure so you can't really fault Sideshow for the pictures, unless we know for sure they are Sideshow's pictures. Sideshow is taking more atmospheric pictures. Look at Jabba, Darth Maul and Asajj Ventress for example.
Everybody here is so sure that SSC will eventually make a Boba Fett, a Yoda, a stormtrooper, ... Hell! I love them to make them! But why do they leave us in the dark about this? Sure, we can expect these figures form SSC at some time, but for now, they offer us the (IMO great!) SW figures from Medicom!
I agree very much about the price! I don't really feel like paying a $100 to $150 for every Medicom figure SSC offers us in expectation of their own version. So... SSC, either tell us straight up you are not going to make these figures, or release us from our torment and bring on the armored and smaller figures!!!!

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Everybody here is so sure that SSC will eventually make a Boba Fett, a Yoda, a stormtrooper, ... Hell! I love them to make them! But why do they leave us in the dark about this? Sure, we can expect these figures form SSC at some time, but for now, they offer us the (IMO great!) SW figures from Medicom!
I agree very much about the price! I don't really feel like paying a $100 to $150 for every Medicom figure SSC offers us in expectation of their own version. So... SSC, either tell us straight up you are not going to make these figures, or release us from our torment and bring on the armored and smaller figures!!!!

Medicom releases 2-3 figures a year, thats what I like. So the price doesn't really matter to me.

Medicom shells out crucial characters or fan favorites(boba fett) of SW (all except BH trooper)

while sideshow shells out a figure a month. ($60) Thats like paying for the internet..

and of course we all get budo.

Just read the review on Michaels site.
It really looks "great", so now I am searching for one on the net (live in Europe).

One little (haha) question:
The vintage Kenner has a snake on its neck (was also the TESB version)
Why is this not on the Medicom?
Shoot me for not knowing:wacky

Alice Adrenochrome said:

They are not going to reveal anything like that. Business plans are always held close to the vest for competitive reasons for any company. If they are going to announce anything soon, my guess is it will be in a few weeks at Toy Fair.

amarcord said:
Just read the review on Michaels site.
It really looks "great", so now I am searching for one on the net (live in Europe).

One little (haha) question:
The vintage Kenner has a snake on its neck (was also the TESB version)
Why is this not on the Medicom?
Shoot me for not knowing:wacky
Little (haha) answer:
My guess is that adding a snake, is their own interpretation. You know, there is no real urge to equip Yoda with a snake. I guess Kenner did it, because small boys go for that kind of slimy stuff, so, the snake is an extra argument to convince the potential buyer. But other than the, I see no real reason.

Oh, you don't happen to have that cane the Kenner Yoda has? I have the snake, but somehow lost the cane...

Back