Yavin Luke 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The headsculpt is...

• Total voters
SideshowDusty said:
Yippeee!!! This is my very favorite Luke, next to Dagobah Luke. I love the whole medal ceremony scene - the music, the joy, everyone lined up, and Luke looked adorable ;) I am DEFINITELY buying this one, and coming from me, that means a lot (I only have 2 other 12-inchers: Anakin and Obi-Wan)... I can't wait for you guys to see the sculpt, it friggin' rocks! :chew

All over this one to Dusty. Great news to me. :monkey5

luke-ceremonial.jpg

No doubt they will reuse the same head sculpt for the eventual Farmboy Luke (and probably X-Wing Luke). I just hope they wait a while. I'm still suffering from Luke burnout thanks to Hasbro in the mid-90s.

I can't believe some guys (and gals too I s'pose) are actually negative about this!!!! We've been waiting for months for central characters to be revealed and here in the 30th anniversary year we've got Leia ANH and a ceremonial Luke which is obviously a variant of what we'll see in the coming weeks (farmboy or x-wing)... This is great!!!!

:fireworks

Fantastic newsletter!!! I coudln't be happier as a 12" SW collector. If you're not happy, stop collecting.

DarthNeil said:
I can't believe some guys (and gals too I s'pose) are actually negative about this!!!! We've been waiting for months for central characters to be revealed and here in the 30th anniversary year we've got Leia ANH and a ceremonial Luke which is obviously a variant of what we'll see in the coming weeks (farmboy or x-wing)... This is great!!!!

:fireworks

Fantastic newsletter!!! I coudln't be happier as a 12" SW collector. If you're not happy, stop collecting.

I agree. No sense in being negative about this. I'm glad to be getting some announcements and that patience has paid off once again.

what would you do with a ceremonial yavin luke? unless the whole crew follows closely behind AND the steps so you could create a scene.

DarthNeil said:

Actually I'm not collecting the star wars 12" line anymore. A pilot Luke I probably would have picked up though if done well.

Vader AL said:
what would you do with a ceremonial yavin luke? unless the whole crew follows closely behind AND the steps so you could create a scene.

Exactly, I don't plan on creating a scene for everything SW and he's dressed like this for about 30 seconds of the whole saga. I was expecting 4-5 total 12" Lukes and this wasn't one of them. The Leia announced certainly doesn't go with the version of Luke so excuse me for not loving every thing SS does.

DarthNeil said:

Oh, don't be so pragmatic. You don't have to be doing cartwheels over a Yavin Luke announcement to still be excited about collecting. :rolleyes:

I'm personally pretty excited about ANH Leia, but the Yavin Luke is a big "Meh" for me, sorry.

Another illustrious example of how Star Wars fans are like domesticated sheep who will buy anything that is thrown at them.

dekadentdave said:
Another illustrious example of how Star Wars fans are like domesticated sheep who will buy anything that is thrown at them.

probably true but that's why SW gets more love than any other line too.

Man....there be some pessimists peeing in the shallow end of the pool--- earlier this week people were crying out that the SW 12" line was dead... Now we get two iconic characters from ANH (and the Luke is obviously a variant of the farmboy one that'll be announced in the coming weeks) and still people are---well I'd rather have had this one...

Did you note the awesome LOTR 12" announced? Nope neither did I.
Did you see that fantastic Daniel Craig 12" sculpt? Me neither.

I'm happy. I guess the glass for me is beyond half full. Sorry some people need to live under a continuous ominous sky.

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

"Me so happy. Me could cry."

As I said not my first choice for the next Luke figure but that doesn't mean I'm unhappy about this announcement. I would have wanted the X-Wing or Farm Boy next but it's great to see ANH getting some love.

Back