XM Studios Thor, Magneto and Wolverine Concept!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries Al. I'm actually looking forward to it. It will be nice to one of a few that procure a cap here in the states

Nah. I sold my SS Cap in anticipation of this statue. Fully sculpted classic was an easy decision. Wolverine is going to have three different swap out hands. One clean with claws, one with a sentinel eye on the claw and the last is what we've already seen In the digital wip. Not to mention the additional portrait. This statue is going to be the wolverine to own IMO

Yeah they actually do listen to the fan base. Were responsible for the 2nd hulk portrait, swap out bow on Hawkeye, and now a third portrait is coming for Black Widow. All decisions based on feedback from the fans. This company is doing it right. They are going to make a splash and SS will have to take notice. All in all it will be good for the future of this hobby

I don't think they are losing money dude. Retail is already higher then SS prices. Well at least for the time being until the next price hike. They are offering a lot of extras as well. More switch out parts, art prints, and coins. Not that I really care about the coins or prints but still cool extras. Now the additional portraits and switch out parts... That's definitely worth the extra money. Seeing custom batman heads at $300 plus is crazy. Deadpool swords for over a $100... XM has all types of extras in their statues and they wouldn't be including all this stuff for a loss

Totally with you..idk how its justified that a head costs 75% of the original statue price..if a company can produce a great looking product, plus give us the change out parts, all the power to them..theyre at least attempting to give me a magneto piece while SS has fallen asleep; its been forever and no sign of him, and christ wheres the brown wolverine and the other x-men baddies?

I use to order exclusives statues from SS, basically almost double the price when I have it in hand (Shaking my head now, paying additional $300 for say, Punisher exc sword, just cant spend the cash like that anymore now). If XM can provide the same, or even better (more accesories, etc)... this will be another option for me. =)

Yeah for sure. If the prices are similar for both companies then you really have some options. These are expensive and the shipping to the states is killer. For most people these statues are not an option. I think there would be a lot more chatter taking place about this company if you could buy them at retail here in the states

Totally with you..idk how its justified that a head costs 75% of the original statue price..if a company can produce a great looking product, plus give us the change out parts, all the power to them..theyre at least attempting to give me a magneto piece while SS has fallen asleep; its been forever and no sign of him, and christ wheres the brown wolverine and the other x-men baddies?

Yeah I totally agree. It's nice to have another take on 1/4 scale statues from a different company. I've got nothing but love for SS as they occupy the majority of my collection but its nice to see a young company making some waves and using their client base to help create and influence their releases. SS has a lot of beautiful stuff coming up but so does XM. It will be interesting to see how people respond to XMs product once it's actually in hand. I like everything XM has released so far and the WIP pics have me even more excited for what's to come

More competition is better for all of us... XM and other new statues, Prime1, etc should be given chance to distribute their product everywhere (more competition) without going through SS.

More competition is better for all of us... XM and other new statues, Prime1, etc should be given chance to distribute their product everywhere (more competition) without going through SS.

I agree. I personally like sideshows product better, but the options and exceptional quality brought to the table by XM is undeniable...

Competition is so beneficial to us consumers. I love this. People should be blowing up Marvels twitter right now with pictures and hype about these XM pieces.

Shove it in their face, they might just give you what you want.

137.gif

That Magneto looks insane. :rock

Yeah for sure. If the prices are similar for both companies then you really have some options. These are expensive and the shipping to the states is killer. For most people these statues are not an option. I think there would be a lot more chatter taking place about this company if you could buy them at retail here in the states

Yeah I totally agree. It's nice to have another take on 1/4 scale statues from a different company. I've got nothing but love for SS as they occupy the majority of my collection but its nice to see a young company making some waves and using their client base to help create and influence their releases. SS has a lot of beautiful stuff coming up but so does XM. It will be interesting to see how people respond to XMs product once it's actually in hand. I like everything XM has released so far and the WIP pics have me even more excited for what's to come

Im with you..my only issue would be the recent dip in SS quality control despite a slight price increase…when people order a piece they're wondering hows it gonna look when i get it..thats something that someone shouldn't be asking themselves when paying 400 bucks a pop per piece…I also think SS has, like i stated, gotten lazy with their x-men license..i know its under the marvel umbrella, and goddamn them if they don't love their ironman, spiderman, hulk and cap pieces, but wheres the x-men love? Ppl waited YEARS for the jean grey piece and I'm sorry but its underwhelming…they've had this license forever now and we haven't seen magneto, phoenix, mr sinister, and many more, but DC has already had joker, ivy, cat woman, bats, superman, etc etc in a shorter time frame…SS is the reason I'm looking/considering paying $800 bucks for an imported piece because 1) when the hell will they ever make one of their own?, 2) when it comes out is it gonna look like a jean grey production or an apocalypse production?, and 3) will it have a myriad of QC issues like batman?…because Ill tell you this, batman costing 400 bucks, plus 50 bucks shipping, plus 50 bucks to ship it to my painter because lord knows I can't tolerate it looking like that after I just spent 400, then paying him 200 to repaint the whole thing (which is damn cheap btw), plus 50 to ship it back to me, thats a total cost of $750…so if XM can guarantee it and I can get it shipped with no issues around that price, why not?

Im with you..my only issue would be the recent dip in SS quality control despite a slight price increase…when people order a piece they're wondering hows it gonna look when i get it..thats something that someone shouldn't be asking themselves when paying 400 bucks a pop per piece…I also think SS has, like i stated, gotten lazy with their x-men license..i know its under the marvel umbrella, and goddamn them if they don't love their ironman, spiderman, hulk and cap pieces, but wheres the x-men love? Ppl waited YEARS for the jean grey piece and I'm sorry but its underwhelming…they've had this license forever now and we haven't seen magneto, phoenix, mr sinister, and many more, but DC has already had joker, ivy, cat woman, bats, superman, etc etc in a shorter time frame…SS is the reason I'm looking/considering paying $800 bucks for an imported piece because 1) when the hell will they ever make one of their own?, 2) when it comes out is it gonna look like a jean grey production or an apocalypse production?, and 3) will it have a myriad of QC issues like batman?…because Ill tell you this, batman costing 400 bucks, plus 50 bucks shipping, plus 50 bucks to ship it to my painter because lord knows I can't tolerate it looking like that after I just spent 400, then paying him 200 to repaint the whole thing (which is damn cheap btw), plus 50 to ship it back to me, thats a total cost of $750…so if XM can guarantee it and I can get it shipped with no issues around that price, why not?

Ouch man, that is one expensive Batman. I also plan to repaint my Batman face, lighter skin tone... Didn't know that fighting crime at night can make him look super tan :lol... I think SS has to definitely put their qc for check, these are considered high end collectibles :dunno. Since they are not making a Magneto, what other options do collectors have?

Ouch man, that is one expensive Batman. I also plan to repaint my Batman face, lighter skin tone... Didn't know that fighting crime at night can make him look super tan :lol... I think SS has to definitely put their qc for check, these are considered high end collectibles :dunno. Since they are not making a Magneto, what other options do collectors have?

Exactly!-yea batman had so many damn issues…a wobble, the face paint, the outfit, I mean this stuff detracts BIG time from the piece, and because i LOVE batman I couldn't a) stand to look at it like that, b) return it cuz the sculpt aint bad and god knows when we'll see another and what issues will happen with THAT piece, so what choice did I have…I also repainted the whole cape, gloves, boots all black and got rid of that awful 'shading'.

Here is the updates i got from XM regading their QC

1) Their cost is slightly higher as they chose the best available factory in China to produce their statues.

2) They went to China regularly to inspect the pieces and XM painters have taught the painters in China how to paint the eyes etc

3) Each piece will be checked and inspected by XM studios prior to sending the statues out.

hope that helps

I am agree with you.

1) Their cost is slightly higher as they chose the best available factory in China to produce their statues.

2) They went to China regularly to inspect the pieces and XM painters have taught the painters in China how to paint the eyes etc

3) Each piece will be checked and inspected by XM studios prior to sending the statues out.

hope that helps

Just curious , how does one define the best factory ? I'm sure there are tons of factories in china , and does that mean that XM's factories are better than sideshow / PCS? "Best" seems subjective - are the factories they used the most expensive that's why they are branded the best ?

I'm a local collector and supporter of XM btw so I'm wondering based from the standpoint of a collector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hope that helps

now that impresses me. Given the literally millions of dollars SS makes each year, how difficult would it be to hire 1 or 2 people to do exactly that, full-time?

It's one thing to inspect a statue with a 500 ES but I couldn't imagine inspecting 10000 Supermans or Batmans...ugh. I applaud them for doing it though.

hope that helps

Honestly though, I'm pretty sure every manufacturer has said this at one point or another.
This was just cut and pasted. :lol

yea theres no way to actually confirm or evaluate ANY of those statements..so while I appreciate the effort theres no way its gonna reassure me or anything; but I am optimistic!

Just curious , how does one define the best factory ? I'm sure there are tons of factories in china , and does that mean that XM's factories are better than sideshow / PCS? "Best" seems subjective - are the factories they used the most expensive that's why they are branded the best ?

I'm a local collector and supporter of XM btw so I'm wondering based from the standpoint of a collector.

Most company's stuff all get made at the same factories..I've seen pics of Sideshow, PCS and Bowen all sitting next to each other. I doubt XM has the pull to jump ahead of the bigger companies as far as production schedules go

It's one thing to inspect a statue with a 500 ES but I couldn't imagine inspecting 10000 Supermans or Batmans...ugh. I applaud them for doing it though.

When you have annual sales volume like SS, I am sure they can afford to hire 10 full time staff to qc their numerous goods. It is after all their brand on the line :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back