XM Studios Spider-Man 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in Canada if I wanted to order Xm statues where can I order them from? Do we order directly from XM???

XM have a worldwide licence for the Top Cow line and the Samurai Batman line only. Every other line is restricted to Asia. IMO your best bet is to join the buy/sell/trade groups on facebook, as there are many XM re-sellers on there. Ask around and see who is reputable. Some sellers are reputable, but might add a markup or quite a bit of 'handling fees' on top of the price or the shipping cost. So feel free to shop around. Some of the ones who have been around a long time are fully booked so to speak and don't take on new customers. But there are several newer sellers who haven't been around quite as long, but have built up a good reputation. You should have absolutely no problem getting most XM statues at or near retail. The only ones that should be selling for over retail are those that are convention exclusives (like Cable), or that have a huge demand that exceeds the ES (like Venom).

:duff

No problem! If you guys have any other requests for things I can do or questions I can ask while at the show just let me know. :)

Make your videos a bit longer lol. I'm totally engaged then it's over lol. That's a bit of positive feedback. It's like biting into your favourite cake but you want more of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm planning to measure every piece at STGCC this year, although that won't be until September. I know people need to plan their displays out. :)

Yes... Super helpful. The size of the base itself too would be great.

Make your videos a bit longer lol. I'm totally engaged then it's over lol. That's a bit of positive feedback. It's like biting into your favourite cake but you want more of it.

Ah, great feedback! I've actually been wondering what to do with the video length this time. I know I want to take more footage. But I'm not sure whether to do longer videos (like 4-6 minutes), or to do a short "impressions" video (roughly 2-3 minutes) where I give you my thoughts and then a separate longer "details" video (roughly 4-6 minutes) that goes over every inch of the statue. My videos from last year were generally 2-4 minutes long. But I was looking at the audience retention data on the "analytics" tab on my youtube channel and the average view duration for all my STGCC videos is 50%. So most people only watch for a minute or two.

So is it better to do a short video for those people and then a longer video for the people who want more? Or just longer videos for each piece? Maybe splitting the videos up would be confusing. I would love opinions! Even on my review videos which are generally 10-15 minutes long, most people only watch for a few minutes.

Ah, great feedback! I've actually been wondering what to do with the video length this time. I know I want to take more footage. But I'm not sure whether to do longer videos (like 4-6 minutes), or to do a short "impressions" video (roughly 2-3 minutes) where I give you my thoughts and then a separate longer "details" video (roughly 4-6 minutes) that goes over every inch of the statue. My videos from last year were generally 2-4 minutes long. But I was looking at the audience retention data on the "analytics" tab on my youtube channel and the average view duration for all my STGCC videos is 50%. So most people only watch for a minute or two.

So is it better to do a short video for those people and then a longer video for the people who want more? Or just longer videos for each piece? Maybe splitting the videos up would be confusing. I would love opinions! Even on my review videos which are generally 10-15 minutes long, most people only watch for a few minutes.

I think 3 minutes is larger enough for a quick view on the piece with large and detailed shots. Regarding your reviews just love to watch them, i've seen the last on the dog Alien Bust,..just awesome congrats for the piece! indeed the paintjob is incredible with tons of details, small vaines, litte nerves..just beautiful.Lenght of the review depends on the piece so you're right on time, nothing to say about that. Just keep up the good work and thanks!

Which part of the base do you mean? I'm planning to measure total height, width, and depth for each piece.

The bottom of the base. I am thinking of making pedestal for statues. it will be helpful to know just the size of the bottom of base, as that is what is gonna go on the actual pedestal.

I think 3 minutes is larger enough for a quick view on the piece with large and detailed shots. Regarding your reviews just love to watch them, i've seen the last on the dog Alien Bust,..just awesome congrats for the piece! indeed the paintjob is incredible with tons of details, small vaines, litte nerves..just beautiful.Lenght of the review depends on the piece so you're right on time, nothing to say about that. Just keep up the good work and thanks!

Thank you so much for the feedback! The Dog bust is indeed an incredible piece. I feel so lucky to be able to own it! :)

The bottom of the base. I am thinking of making pedestal for statues. it will be helpful to know just the size of the bottom of base, as that is what is gonna go on the actual pedestal.

Ok, I can do that for you. I'll make a note to remind myself and then measure it while I'm there :)

I think impression videos should be kept short 3 min max! But maybe try cram more info in. I generally look for things like edition size cost who the artist is how big a deal the sculpt is. I honestly can't fault your quality control is 100% fantastic stuff.

I saw your XM batman review and the length of that was just about spot on.

I think impression videos should be kept short 3 min max! But maybe try cram more info in. I generally look for things like edition size cost who the artist is how big a deal the sculpt is. I honestly can't fault your quality control is 100% fantastic stuff.

I saw your XM batman review and the length of that was just about spot on.

Thanks. Some of that info might be difficult though. Many of the statues displayed at the convention will be prototypes that haven't entered production or gone up for order yet. So they often haven't finalised the price or edition size yet for those pieces. If there are 40-50 pieces there it might also be hard for me to find out who the artist was for each piece, particularly if there are multiple on some pieces. But I can try my best to get more info for you guys!

Thanks. Some of that info might be difficult though. Many of the statues displayed at the convention will be prototypes that haven't entered production or gone up for order yet. So they often haven't finalised the price or edition size yet for those pieces. If there are 40-50 pieces there it might also be hard for me to find out who the artist was for each piece, particularly if there are multiple on some pieces. But I can try my best to get more info for you guys!

Great Post and totally understandable!

So September is when we'll get more pics on this guy?

It feels like it's been a while.

Back