XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who's been active for the last month or so has read repeatedly and nauseatingly lol, how to secure these pieces. Blaming flippers for procrastinating..............

The price has only been known for like a week. This piece was unique in that many people preordered it before that was even an official order for it, before ES was known, before price was known, before final proto pics were seen. So this wasn't just some normal "you snooze you lose" deal.

No need to panic, Simply Toys haven't started selling yet, I am sure they have more than the US retailers, and even with coins, they ship worldwide.

exactly, I know everybody is all excited about the first order going up in the US, but geez. You all are acting like this is a sideshow peice from 2007. It is not going to sell out at every place in 10 minutes. Between the guys on the board and secret compass they probably had an allotment of 50-100 (on the high side). I would bet there are still about 50-100 more alloted for simply toys, spec fiction, and BBTS. I could care less about getting a coin. They wont be available long, but they will be available.

Oh. I got ya. I'm sure there are a few out there planning to flip, but it's bound to happen with any kind of limited collectible.

Perhaps, I don't think that's right either.

Don't get me wrong. I don't judge those who decide to buy a piece to turn around and sell it for a profit. It just isn't something that I could do with this one. I KNOW there are so many guys here who are literally chomping at the bit to get one of these, and I just couldn't take it out of their hands knowing that I didn't really care about having it.

Some people (not me) feel uncomfortable ordering through forum boards so to say "you could have just bought it weeks ago" is false. It only went up yesterday and some stores have potentially been sold out already.

Part of the problem is that they don't ship outside of Singapore, the other being people getting caught up in the hype. I know I've had PM messages from other members asking about how to order and seeking re-assurance. If you miss out you miss out but there's already a few Cap America's up on the Bay for way more than it's worth, I see this being no different. The comment wasn't supposed to be aimed at anyone, just my general feeling of the situation.

Good people miss out, bad people make money. I guess this is the collecting world though. I never pay flipper prices for anything, you let them win.

Don't get me wrong. I don't judge those who decide to buy a piece to turn around and sell it for a profit. It just isn't something that I could do with this one. I KNOW there are so many guys here who are literally chomping at the bit to get one of these, and I just couldn't take it out of their hands knowing that I didn't really care about having it.

But you wouldn't have taken it out of their hands if they didn't care enough to put it in their hands in the first place.

You never know, spidey. The very one you gave up could have gone to a flipper, or to a collector that may someday pass the piece along at a fair price to another collector, like how you got your spidey CQ.

You never know, spidey. The very one you gave up could have gone to a flipper, or to a collector that may someday pass the piece along at a fair price to another collector, like how you got your spidey CQ.

See that is what I am hoping. I am hoping the one I missed out on went to someone who LOVES it.

The price has only been known for like a week. This piece was unique in that many people preordered it before that was even an official order for it, before ES was known, before price was known, before final proto pics were seen. So this wasn't just some normal "you snooze you lose" deal.

While that is true, the information of who you could contact has been distributed here all day, everyday, for a month or more literally. Anyone active who's procrastinated whether they wanted to go through a retail website channel or a recommended Freak for whatever reason, that's on them. Active members have had a ton of time to send to a single PM inquiry to anyone here, either of the recommended Freaks, or the retailer(s) of their choice for information to help make a concrete decision on how to secure a piece.
I do empathize with inactive members who will have missed this and may have to buy one from someone who purchased extras just to profit from.

Some people (not me) feel uncomfortable ordering through forum boards so to say "you could have just bought it weeks ago" is false. It only went up yesterday and some stores have potentially been sold out already.

Part of the problem is that they don't ship outside of Singapore, the other being people getting caught up in the hype. I know I've had PM messages from other members asking about how to order and seeking re-assurance. If you miss out you miss out but there's already a few Cap America's up on the Bay for way more than it's worth, I see this being no different. The comment wasn't supposed to be aimed at anyone, just my general feeling of the situation. Good people miss out, bad people make money. I guess this is the collecting world though. I never pay flipper prices for anything, you let them win.

I understand that there's a risk associated with ordering through a recommended forum member, and that can make anyone uncomfortable. That does not change the fact that you still had the option to put in PO weeks ago. If you made the decision to wait for a retailer it's understandable why you did that, but in the end that decision was yours.

If you knew you were probably leaning toward using a retail outlet to secure a piece, then I would hope that you'd have contacted them for specific information on how to best do so. If your chosen retailer has sold out already then maybe your gripe is with them for misinformation?

Like I stated above, active members have really had all the time in the world to PM the recommend Freaks here and make inquiries about the pre order process through those channels. If you didn't even bother to drop either of them a single PM to explore those options I feel you forfeit your right to complain about them at this time.

I agree the region restrictions isn't friendly for some of us in certain locations, but we have all known about this from day one. I also agree I hate seeing limited/exclusive items up on eBay for 9x their retail value 5 minutes after they went up for pre order and sold out. Sadly, that is part of the hobby and happens all the time.

Well I took the plunge and just confirmed my order for a Magneto with the coin :yess:

Congrats EMPIRE!!!! I know you are one of those guys I was just talking about

::Slowly backs away from newly created sales thread:: Yeaa... exactly :wink1:

But yea hahaha totally pumped to get this in my collection! Now I need to decide what to do about X men to go with it. I pretty much only have the X men comiquettes.

P
::Slowly backs away from newly created sales thread:: Yeaa... exactly :wink1:

But yea hahaha totally pumped to get this in my collection! Now I need to decide what to do about X men to go with it. I pretty much only have the X men comiquettes.

Well XM has an XMen and Avengers focus so you could go all XM XMen Wild

That does not change the fact that you still had the option to put in PO weeks ago. If you made the decision to wait for a retailer it's understandable why you did that, but in the end that decision was yours.

I don't think you can blame people for waiting on the final product. Red cape? Purple Cape? Eye's Left? Helmet? There's been that many different images I'd imagine some folk might have just wanted to see what it looked like before punting off $200 to a random Paypal account.... :lol

Anyway, I hope it works out for everyone.

P

Well XM has an XMen and Avengers focus so you could go all XM XMen Wild

Yea I am short on room, if I do that I will have to ditch the comiquettes. I will ponder this cuz that new wolverine is looking awesome and I lack a Wolverine in my collection.

DO you know who they have on deck? I saw the Phoenix and wolverine so far

Well just talked to Kenny (TCSC), he said he JUST got more allocation (without coin). I expect Mark (KayOrzz) to get it as well. So if you still need it. Don't wait, these guys have delivered so far, that's all I can tell you.

Well just talked to Kenny (TCSC), he said he JUST got more allocation (without coin). I expect Mark (KayOrzz) to get it as well. So if you still need it. Don't wait, these guys have delivered so far, that's all I can tell you.

Yea I 2nd this working with TCSC has been great, he is very communicative and friendly. And people have completed transactions with him for prior XM pieces.

Back