XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cool thing about XM is their statue comes with ALL the parts, SS seems to like to hold back some parts for only people who pre-order... I was never a fan of this, reminds me to much of the gaming companies that hold back certain parts of the story in the game to sell it later on as DLC's... In SS case they do it so people will pre-order a year or more in advance and allow them to collect a 10% NRD . I'm sure SS has made a small fortune on NRD's, due to cancelations....
Sideshow had exclusives long before NRDs were part of their policy. The Exclusives, are exactly what they sound like, exclusive to Sideshows retail site. It's a way for them to retain a certain amount of sales through their website only, while the rest can be sold both through the website and through local retailers.

Sideshow had exclusives long before NRDs were part of their policy. The Exclusives, are exactly what they sound like, exclusive to Sideshows retail site. It's a way for them to retain a certain amount of sales through their website only, while the rest can be sold both through the website and through local retailers.

Might of started that way, but now it's way to make extra money through NRD's... People preach about giving everyone the opportunity to own the same statue that's why large ES are great, yet they want to have parts for a statue only a certain few can have... sounds hypocritical to me :)

Might of started that way, but now it's way to make extra money through NRD's... People preach about giving everyone the opportunity to own the same statue that's why large ES are great, yet they want to have parts for a statue only a certain few can have... sounds hypocritical to me :)
Its an extra for people who buy direct. You're basically saying they shouldn't reward loyal direct customers? Why should they give exclusives to people who buy elsewhere? NRDs were the result of people making multiple cancelations and Sideshow having to basically bite that bullet. If people had just ordered what they really wanted/could afford in the first place it may never have come to that.

Its an extra for people who buy direct. You're basically saying they shouldn't reward loyal direct customers? Why should they give exclusives to people who buy elsewhere? NRDs were the result of people making multiple cancelations and Sideshow having to basically bite that bullet. If people had just ordered what they really wanted/could afford in the first place it may never have come to that.

Reward loyal customers?? What about the reward for people who buy off their website but missed the chance to buy a EX? What SS should do is give EX's to everyone who orders off their website regardless if they pre-ordered or wait for it to come out before buying it...

Yep people took advantage of their generous cancellation policies so those went poof. Then guys took advantage of their replacement policies so those got tightened up and people are have trouble getting replacement parts. People complain about this crap like it wasn't the collecting community, or at least some of the bad apples in it, who brought upon the necessity of the changes.

Reward loyal customers?? What about the reward for people who buy off their website but missed the chance to buy a EX? What SS should do is give EX's to everyone who orders off their website regardless if they pre-ordered or wait for it to come out before buying it...

Oh now you are just finding BS things to complain about Dan..... You yourself like things to be more rare and unique. The Exs help to balance out the larger ESs and you know it, and I hate to say it, but now a days if you miss out in an Exclusive you are either stupid, weren't in the hobby when the piece came out, or dead. What was the last SSC Exclusive that sold out in less than a week???.. Okay not counting the Droids or White Storm.

What? And have the ES buyers screaming to the high heavens that the Exclusive isn't "Exclusive" enough? They take a certain amount of pre-orders on the EX for a certain time period and then set the ES. This gives plenty of people an opportunity to snag one especially now with the increase to edition size. If you want an EX you order, if you don't order, don't complain. They're fair enough to the customer base with the Exclusives.

What? And have the ES buyers screaming to the high heavens that the Exclusive isn't "Exclusive" enough? They take a certain amount of pre-orders on the EX for a certain time period and then set the ES. This gives plenty of people an opportunity to snag one especially now with the increase to edition size. If you want an EX you order, if you don't order, don't complain. They're fair enough to the customer base with the Exclusives.

Damn you and your LOGIC. What is it people have been saying about XM... Oh yeah they are more rare.

Damn you and your LOGIC. What is it people have been saying about XM... Oh yeah they are more rare.

That's my point, you guys are defending the high ES #'s and yet you want exclusive stuff nobody else can have.... I do believe the word is hypocrite :) If SS is going to go with high ES's then they should remove numbering form statues and get rid of the EX and allow everyone to have the same thing...

That's my point, you guys are defending the high ES #'s and yet you want exclusive stuff nobody else can have.... I do believe the word is hypocrite :) If SS is going to go with high ES's then they should remove numbering form statues and get rid of the EX and allow everyone to have the same thing...

Dude I respect you and you know it, but your logic is failing here

Dude I respect you and you know it, but your logic is failing here

Probably because you jumped in halfway through the argument about Edition Sizes... People saying large edition sizes are great because everyone can get the statue, yet the same people want statues with exclusive stuff nobody else can have, you don't see a contradiction in that argument?

I'm just in one of my Argumentative moods tonight :)

Back