XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that would suck to buy a house and have no collection to display in it. This looks to be the best Marvel statue to date from what I've seen. I think you'd regret selling it. I'm glad I mostly collect movie stuff.

IMHO there are a few other Marvel statues that are on this level, but nothing better than this

Last edited:
Couldn't wait to put my collection in my house. Don't sell to much. It's a lot harder to go back

that would suck to buy a house and have no collection to display in it. This looks to be the best Marvel statue to date from what I've seen. I think you'd regret selling it. I'm glad I mostly collect movie stuff.

Couldn't wait to put my collection in my house. Don't sell to much. It's a lot harder to go back

I actually just talked this over with the lady, going through my list of stuff I can sell. I always viewed my collection partially as enjoying my savings. Keeping some money in statues instead of the bank, which is boring. We agreed Magneto wasn't one I couldn't sell. He and XM Captain America need to stay.

I am definitely going to have stuff to display. I have a crap load of stuff and plenty to sell while keeping what is really important to me. There are pieces that mean much more to me than others, either because of how/when/why I bought them has some emotional significane (like my Bowen Thanos which was the first statue I got, given to me by my lady for Christmas) or Sauron PF and Galactus Maquette... pieces I covetted and didn't think I could afford but after a promotion could, so those pieces symbolize success to me, then there are just characters that I have strong emotional attachments to, which is why I'll keeping my LotR PF line, then there are status pieces, statues like Magneto that need to stay because it's a masterpiece and buying that one back would be really difficult. As opposed to something like Batman PF, which buying back one day will be easy.

The stuff that is hard to decide whether to sell are pieces that are awesome, carry some meaning and are valuable... like bowen chromed silver surfer or deadpool PF. Those will be saved for last and only sell if I really need to.

But I have been fantasizing about putting up my collection in a new house. I had imaged opening one thing every few days, or even a week at a time, slowly growing it and savoring each piece more, rather than just throwing up a room full of stuff at once. Now it won't be quite as massive and glorious as it would be without selling a large chunk of it, but the more I think about it, I actually hope to keep it sort of sparse. I don't love clutter and instead of having one room just crammed with pieces, I'd rather have little sets like the LotR PFs or stand alones like the XM pieces strategically placed around the house.

I've always imaged Magneto in the corner of a clean room, one it's own special waist to chest high pedestal.

Just check tracking, my Magneto is in Hawaii at the moment, soaking rays and working on his tan no doubt, the bastage!!!!

Scheduled to get him Wed..... Got him from Speculative Fiction if anyone is wondering...

Just got mine today. Love it. I planned on selling immediately to capitalize on the strong demand for him but after I set him up I just can't do it. I'v collected comic statues for the last 12 years and I can say hands down this is the best piece ever done. Yes, I have seen/own all the grails and this is something new. It is so fresh and so creative. Really special and imo a true work of art.

Just got mine today. Love it. I planned on selling immediately to capitalize on the strong demand for him but after I set him up I just can't do it. I'v collected comic statues for the last 12 years and I can say hands down this is the best piece ever done. Yes, I have seen/own all the grails and this is something new. It is so fresh and so creative. Really special and imo a true work of art.

Preach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got mine about 45 mins ago.... look it over and couldn't find anything wrong, the statue is flawless.... it is tempting to sell but like you I can't bring myself to do it, this is a lifetime keeper...

I Want to say thanks to TJ from Speculative Fiction for hooking me up with this bad boy :rock2

Last edited:
Right on! I'm so glad a lot of you guys are getting your Mags now! Congrats!

Oh hey ...just a reminder ...make sure to give Mark kudos if you got Mags from him. He's a cool guy ...and he has been ragged on lately. Only fair to give him props, too.

I got mine from him awhile ago and I'm forever greatful.

Just got mine about 45 mins ago.... look it over and couldn't find anything wrong, the statue is flawless.... it is tempting to sell but like you I can't bring myself to do it, this is a lifetime keeper...

I Want to say thanks to TJ from Speculative Fiction for hooking me up with this bad boy :rock2

Congrats Nem!! Congrats Dan!!...and well said fellas.

This is a collectible that is just on a level by itself. :thud:

Great post. :lecture

Back