XM Studios Iron Man 3 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite not having the luxury of any light up features, this piece looks really nice!

y5y5u5y7.jpg

yba7e5aj.jpg

y6unuby2.jpg
Looks great, but as stated no lights plus stupid price tag equals easy pass.

no butt hurt....just pointing out that some of you are brilliant detailed detectives...nothing more nothing less.

And Ink rightfully pointed out how you are absolutely on the defensive and turn to personal comments about posters. If XM makes a comic IronMan I will look into it since SSC does not yet have a comic Iron Man in modern armor. However if it is based off the film, I want the very people who designed the costume to be a part of the process. Furthermore, the yellow should be a sandy gold. It isn't the right color. Additionally, the SSC Legacy MK42 will be damn near half the price for a film accurate piece with light up.

So yes this piece is nice. If SSC were to not release anymore Iron Man statues I would snatch this up. But for $800-$1000 (whatever this would cost me in Canada) it better be to my liking. If I can get a statue for half that cost that is also more accurate, then it isn't such a hard decision to make.

And contrary to your absurd and derogatory comments on the cap thread, it has nothing to do with my ability to afford them. I just bought the ARH Medusa EX, Superman EX, Harley EX and C3P0 + R2D2 PF in the same month. I can afford expensive items just fine.

Last edited:
I've already stated (plenty of times might I add) that I was never going to get the MK42 armor from XM Studios because I was going to get the SS version to go along with the Iron Patriot I already have up for pre-order. So why does anyone still think I am defensive about this statue???????

I'm not a fan of movie based statues for the most part with few exceptions (Predator, Aliens, etc.) and it damn sure wouldn't make sense for me to buy the XM over the SS one because it is less expensive.

The only response I should have gotten the first time was exactly what you said Snadinator......that the yellow should be gold. I personally did not notice the color. That's honestly not something I would be picky over for this armor.

Last edited:
The only response I should have gotten the first time was exactly what you said Snadinator......that the yellow should be gold. I personally did not notice the color. That's honestly not something I would be picky over for this armor.

It shouldn't be a bright yellow. It should be a sandy gold

im3-3-615x345.jpg

im3-5-615x410.jpg

Like I said, if XM decide to do a dynamic modern Iron Man from the comics, or even a comic silver centurion, I would be interested.

can someone connected to xm tell that the red on the elbow is supposed to be yellow,i ordered it from simplytoys and before it ships i want this to be corrected:pray:.preview_300353_IM42Maquettev04.jpg826610IronStudiosIronMan3MarkXLIIEstatua1418.jpgy6unuby2.jpg

Additionally, the SSC Legacy MK42 will be damn near half the price for a film accurate piece with light up.

If I can get a statue for half that cost that is also more accurate, then it isn't such a hard decision to make.

How 'film accurate' is installing an upside down reactor or horrible battle damage apps after two years of production delays?

No company has put out a perfect IM product, give me a break.

maxresdefault.jpg

Big paws much?

See that's what I'm saying...I never would have noticed the upside down arc reactor from the SS bust, nor would I have known about the incorrect paint app on the elbow of IM? You guys are indeed great detectives. If a statue looks great to me...that's all that matters for the most part (with some exceptions).

See that's what I'm saying...I never would have noticed the upside down arc reactor from the SS bust, nor would I have known about the incorrect paint app on the elbow of IM? You guys are indeed great detectives. If a statue looks great to me...that's all that matters for the most part (with some exceptions).

I'm the same way. There could honestly be 100's of things wrong with my statue. And I wouldn't know. Haha

I'm the same way. There could honestly be 100's of things wrong with my statue. And I wouldn't know. Haha

Same here. We r suckers :lol.... That's why I thank the collectors here with the great eye to catch on the flaw and share with us all,:hi5:

Back