XM Studios Hulk Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would have been so much better if they used Mixed Media. The color on the face also is a bit off imo

Would have been so much better if they used Mixed Media. The color on the face also is a bit off imo

That's one of the things I like about XM is that they make PURE statues..... Mixed Media is ok but when they do 100% fabric outfits it covers up so much of the sculpted details plus the outfits never really fit perfectly... You end up with Sags here and there and seams all over the place...

Good point but in this case the shirt doesn't look right imo. I've seen sculpted pants on the hulk before ( Kotobukiya ) and it was fine but the shirt doesn't look right here. Having said that maybe when in hand it might look better.

Good point but in this case the shirt doesn't look right imo. I've seen sculpted pants on the hulk before ( Kotobukiya ) and it was fine but the shirt doesn't look right here. Having said that maybe when in hand it might look better.

yeah I can see where just a fabric ripped shirt on this statue would give it that extra touch... What they need to do is find out how Gentle Giant does such realistic looking fabric sculpts

That's one of the things I like about XM is that they make PURE statues..... Mixed Media is ok but when they do 100% fabric outfits it covers up so much of the sculpted details plus the outfits never really fit perfectly... You end up with Sags here and there and seams all over the place...

Not to mention the fabrics gets dirty and pick up, harder to clean as compare to sculpt.

This is horrible.
Definitely SS > XM when it comes to Hulk.

I don't think XM's Hulk is horrible but I do agree SS Comic Hulk is better looking IMO... But that's what I like, being able to pick between various companies is awesome instead of being stuck with just one choice which has been the case way to long..

Not to mention the fabrics gets dirty and pick up, harder to clean as compare to sculpt.

Yep with sculpted, compress air, all clean :)

Everyone hates on this Hulk including me initially but I think this sculpt is going to be a sleeper. I have a forum friend in SG that has a lot of similar tastes as I do in collecting. He owns the Green PF amongst other Hulks and swears that this statue is a sight to see in person. I think there's a chance this will show up in pics with other PFs and people will start to have different thoughts . Could be wrong but we shall see

Everyone hates on this Hulk including me initially but I think this sculpt is going to be a sleeper. I have a forum friend in SG that has a lot of similar tastes as I do in collecting. He owns the Green PF amongst other Hulks and swears that this statue is a sight to see in person. I think there's a chance this will show up in pics with other PFs and people will start to have different thoughts . Could be wrong but we shall see

Reminds me of Green Lantern, once in hand, people praised it. Let's wait for in hand review.

Yep with sculpted, compress air, all clean :)

Less than 5 minute work and brand spanking new again :yess:

I agree the more pics I see of it on display I like it more and more..but I can't afford all the XM statues:( and also very happy with my SS HULK..the price tag on XM HULK is starting to look cheap..once it sells out could be easy go 2k range to ever find it again...:dunno

I saw it in person and it looks horrible...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree with Izunadrop, having seen it in person, while its big and imposing, it doesnt have the wow factor as compared to Cap

I knew there would be some flack for that. Hey to each their own. I've seem a number of people on SF start to order the hulk as well. Opinions are shifting a little bit on Hulk. What really changed my take on this statue was the open mouth portrait and the video thats up on youtube. Someone did a full review on this in a different language and although I couldn't understand a word he was saying Hulk looked pretty amazing

Of course I could be completely wrong once I get him in hand and I may feel differently but it will be nice to have the option when I do.

Thanks RB :hi5:

Back