XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank god xm studio saves the day, so I don't have to display my avenger setup with sideshow's swim lesson thor...

I think the SS Modern Thor looks great but saying that I really like this one as well but at the same time I'm reading quite a few people not liking this one either :dunno

I love the HS without his helmet on with this one & I really like the pose to. Man I'm tempted by this

I think the SS Modern Thor looks great but saying that I really like this one as well but at the same time I'm reading quite a few people not liking this one either :dunno

I love the HS without his helmet on with this one & I really like the pose to. Man I'm tempted by this

It's pretty hard to say one way or the other without seeing a finished prototype... Changes and details are probably being added and removed daily on this while it's still being designed... Given what we've seen from XM with their other stuff my gut feeling is the finished prototype will be another home run for them...

I think some people jump the gun a bit with their opinions before they actually see the end product... XM is pretty cool about letting us see the design process, not many companies will do this... SS won't show you anything until they take pre-orders which I think is a mistake because they could be taking feedback form potential customers and make small changes to make these customers like the statue more.. just my opinion though...

It's pretty hard to say one way or the other without seeing a finished prototype... Changes and details are probably being added and removed daily on this while it's still being designed... Given what we've seen from XM with their other stuff my gut feeling is the finished prototype will be another home run for them...

I think some people jump the gun a bit with their opinions before they actually see the end product... XM is pretty cool about letting us see the design process, not many companies will do this... SS won't show you anything until they take pre-orders which I think is a mistake because they could be taking feedback form potential customers and make small changes to make these customers like the statue more.. just my opinion though...

I completely agree with this. It's one of the absolute best things about XM. :goodpost:

I agree it is a very cool part of their production process, and I wish SSC would learn from it. I think that if they had SSCs Jean Grey would have come out a lot better, and maybe some of the awkward posses of late wouldn't have happened. It will be interesting to see if XM keeps up this level of involvement as they get bigger.

For some reason SS is just so secretive when it comes to their stuff. I don't know why that is actually. They want to surprise you and that's their main goal. Wouldn't you want customer feedback to improve on your product and thus leading to more sales? XM and SS policies are night and day in how they operate. But I do see some changes taking effect at SS. Do you notice how Igo has started soliciting input for future characters lately? Wolverine, Phoenix, etc. I think this is the closest they will get to getting us involved and preventing uninspired poses. At least it's something.

I can probably safely say if they asked us about Jean Grey, Daredevil, Modern Thor and possibly a few others recently, those would have never been made in their respective forms. I've been wanting a DD PF for ages, but I'm not going to settle and buy that SS offering which is just abysmal in my opinion.

Yeah I agree with your comment Dan :)

I remember seeing the 1st Wolverine WIP pic's & being disappointed with it but now I love it, even though we are yet to see it painted.

Really glad XM have came about. The only downside is the money, another company to spend even more of my money on with this never ending hobby :lol

I agree it is a very cool part of their production process, and I wish SSC would learn from it. I think that if they had SSCs Jean Grey would have come out a lot better, and maybe some of the awkward posses of late wouldn't have happened. It will be interesting to see if XM keeps up this level of involvement as they get bigger.

And Sentinel, Gipsy Danger, Daredevil, Thor and the list goes on... SS could have hit many many homeruns if they listen to the fans :dunno

I was serious about female Thor though.

So is she :horror :horror

eju7ubaq.jpg

And Sentinel, Gipsy Danger, Daredevil, Thor and the list goes on... SS could have hit many many homeruns if they listen to the fans :dunno

Yeah I do get it, but with SSC having a bigger license. Wonder if there is more pressure from the owners,(Marvel, DC, etc) in terms of the poses and designs. I wonder if XM has more freedom

Hey, at least you're getting that Thor frog :yess:

Really thought that was a joke considering he went up for PO on April Fools Day...lol.

Yeah I do get it, but with SSC having a bigger license. Wonder if there is more pressure from the owners,(Marvel, DC, etc) in terms of the poses and designs. I wonder if XM has more freedom
l.

Hmm PCS requires Capcom to review the SF line, but usually the pose are well received by the fans as well, after Capcom approved. If Marvel approved the bad pose, oh my :panic:... Think Marvel just after the revenues maybe.

Love the bearded head and what else has been shown thus far, but the uru part of the hammer does need to be reduced in size a bit. If this turns out as spectacular as the rest of XM's offerings it will be extremely tempting for me to add another Thor to my collection.

Back