XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the way it is now, the wind could just hit from the bottom (as he's spinning the hammer from below)

I like the way it is now, the wind could just hit from the bottom (as he's spinning the hammer from below)

I agree. And because Thor is standing rather than bearing down, then it gives the impression that Mjolnir is not spinning as fast. That's why his whole cape is not being blown away.

Remember guys were only seeing wip pics at the moment. A lot will change

I remember people panicking over the 1st wip pics of Ms Marvel when she hadn't even been posed. Have faith, the guys at XM listen so they won't put out a statue the vast majority of there fans don't like.

Remember guys were only seeing wip pics at the moment. A lot will change

Don´t care, it will be great at the end. :hi5:

10703931_967017039982347_6155032003078370184_n.jpg

Upper part looks great, now let's see the full statue with the base, please.

Yep... he lost the sculpt somewhere along the line

IMHO Tony C's original sculpt above was every bit as good as Erick Sosa's, or at least it had the potential to be. However, unlike something got lost or got away from Tony C. during one stage of the sculpting process, and unlike with digital sculpting you can't simply hit Undo. Now, I am not taking anything away from Erick's work, he is TOTALLY killing this one, but I bet if XM and Tony C had had the time he could have gotten it right.

I agree there...but the anatomy especially with the neck area was really bad....it looked like a giraffe neck...no joke. The face isn't even close to Erick's face sculpt. I did like the bearded Thor head...in fact maybe even a little moreso than ES's because it had rage to it and gave the statue a whole different feel with that head. But the legs were too thin....the ankles were toothpick ankles....the calves were not muscular enough. I can go on and on about what I thought could be different.

Now...with that being said....I still would have loved to own the TC Thor...I still liked it and had high expectations for it once it was touched up. But that didn't happen. No disrespect to TC....I like his sculpts...his new sculpt for ARH is awesome (the one with the two tigers). But this needed an overhaul. I'm glad it got it!

I agree there...but the anatomy especially with the neck area was really bad....it looked like a giraffe neck...no joke. The face isn't even close to Erick's face sculpt. I did like the bearded Thor head...in fact maybe even a little moreso than ES's because it had rage to it and gave the statue a whole different feel with that head. But the legs were too thin....the ankles were toothpick ankles....the calves were not muscular enough. I can go on and on about what I thought could be different.

Now...with that being said....I still would have loved to own the TC Thor...I still liked it and had high expectations for it once it was touched up. But that didn't happen. No disrespect to TC....I like his sculpts...his new sculpt for ARH is awesome (the one with the two tigers). But this needed an overhaul. I'm glad it got it!

Yep at this point Erick's work is just superior, but god I would have loved a Tony C tweaked version. I will say that I love traditional sculpts, but, given XMs attitudes towards listening to fan feedback, and the brief nature of their licenses (at least at this point), I really do think they will have to go almost completely digital. I. The end there isn't anything really horrible about that, not when you are producing work at this level.

Still needs work IMO. The weakest sculpt in XM's otherqise sublime offerings.

The left arm, the bicep is overpowering the arm. Triceps should be 2/3 of arm mass .it appears the opposite here. There are also some odd proportions between the shoulder size, torso to leg length and hip size.

The left arm, the bicep is overpowering the arm. Triceps should be 2/3 of arm mass .it appears the opposite here. There are also some odd proportions between the shoulder size, torso to leg length and hip size.

He is an Asgardian God. He will look different than us mere mortals :lol

Tricep or forearm? I think you mean forearm right? The only thing I see that needs a small slight reduction is the left forearm that holds the hammer. There are still tweaks on this I am sure...that's the great thing about digital....quick upgrades, enhancements, reductions, etc. Can't wait to see this completely finished with base and then paint!!

Absolutely still tweaks to do. That is the great thing...until you get the final pictures listed for POs you know XM will be putting in work to ensure it meets their definition of badass. Win Win for everyone.

I agree about the left bicep. It looks likes he's curling there when it should be more extended and less flexed.

When he's the holding Mjolnir it looks more ok because it has weight to it, but when he's just pointing it looks weird and just bad.

My only critique. He looks great otherwise.

Absolutely still tweaks to do. That is the great thing...until you get the final pictures listed for POs you know XM will be putting in work to ensure it meets their definition of badass. Win Win for everyone.

True, you don't get a cat in a bag. :lol

Back