XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good AJ! Congrat! :clap

Any issues with the overall quality of the piece?

No issues with quality whatsoever. Best packaged statue I've seen from any company. Love the velcro straps idea so I don't have to keep rebuying expensive ass packing tape. This'll definitely stand up to some postal service damage.

No issues with quality whatsoever. Best packaged statue I've seen from any company. Love the velcro straps idea so I don't have to keep rebuying expensive ass packing tape. This'll definitely stand up to some postal service damage.

Congrats AJ!! :clap

Very nice and useful

Looks totally awesome AJ. Congrats. :rock
My Cap has cleared customs and is in CA due to arrive Tuesday.

I'm confident they are all of the same quality.

and the haters are silent...:rotfl

I still like the SS cap a lot better. I just don't feel the need to pester you guys with it. Haha

You guys got what you want, in good shape no damage. I'm happy for all of ya. Kids jealous, wish I was opening my SS cap this month haha

and the haters are silent...:rotfl
:exactly: And if Magneto comes out anywhere near as well as the digital render ...

mind_blown_ps3.gif

He does look very nice. Packaging looks well though-out. Throwing a thank you out there to who posted pics next to the PF and the custom. Thanks to that picture, I was able to track down that custom and should have it in the next couple of weeks, been looking for that for some time.

He does look very nice. Packaging looks well though-out. Throwing a thank you out there to who posted pics next to the PF and the custom. Thanks to that picture, I was able to track down that custom and should have it in the next couple of weeks, been looking for that for some time.

How much was that custom?

I still like the SS cap a lot better. I just don't feel the need to pester you guys with it. Haha

You guys got what you want, in good shape no damage. I'm happy for all of ya. Kids jealous, wish I was opening my SS cap this month haha

I get that you like the Allied Charge Cap, so do I, but you can't take anything away from this piece other than the fact that it is a more comic book like portrait, which is one of the things I like about it. Honestly, savage we both know that if you and I had the disposable income we would probably be buying many of the XM statues and the SSC ones, but we don't so we can't....lol.

:exactly: And if Magneto comes out anywhere near as well as the digital render ...

mind_blown_ps3.gif

LOL... if XM keeps it up the haters are just going to shrivel up. I am not taking anything away from SSC, but XM appears to be doing fantastic work, and I hope the folks around here who hate on anything that isn't SSC can at least admit that... lol.

d108.jpg

lvabz.jpg

I am impressed by the quality of work and how closely it resembles the prototype. paint lines are clean, and honestly the fact that they could get such clean lines on the flag makes me call BS on sideshow that they couldn't paint the S on the back of Superman's Cape because it would be too difficult or look funny. Fit finish, total package presentation I would give this a 10/10 and is the only Classic Cap statue I need in my collection (and why I am selling the SS one). One improvement I would've made was instead of the fisted left hand I would've had him pointing forward but that's a minor nitpick and I'm sure we could have some customizers create one =).

In my opinion compared to the SS PF, yes SS's does have more switch out options and yes you can represent 2 separate eras with theirs (switch out helmet head and different shield), but the awkward hands, and badly painted face and lips and odd tilt of his head position makes me feel it has less presence than this statue. The shorts and cloth always looked odd to me as well. Seeing XM's cap with flag in hand it is a truly majestic and patriotic picture as I stare at this statue. That said I will also be getting SS's Captain America Allied Charge on Hydra to match up with Red Skull.

mind_blown_ps3.gif

:rotfl funny stuff and so true

That's the one. Thanks for those pics Tavegg!

Also AJ, your pics are great as well. This statue looks amazing. If I didn't already have two 1/4 scale Caps on the way, this would definitely be coming my way. Great state all around.

No worries man and congrats on finding one. Its a great looking custom Cap. I was always a huge fan of the Tron/Bowen ultimate cap sculpt so when I first saw this I went nuts! Still one of my favorite statues in my collection today.

@AJ

Enjoyed reading your thoughts and review on this statue. Seems like the people who pulled the trigger have all been extremely happy with the end product. Looking forward to future reviews and thoughts from others that haven't received shipment yet

Back