XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The retailers aren't even supposed to be selling it over here anyway...I'm just waiting for the day the forum gets a C & D order from somebody over the XM stuff

I see... here's another question that has probably been answered already. Who are the countries in their license?

Spec already sold out.

Yeah I saw that, which is a bummer because I was hoping to do a payment plan of some sort.

I just can't pay for this in the near future. I'm selling off the vast majority of my collection as it is except for statues, so I need the money from those sales to go towards things other than collectibles for a while and I am already locked into buying the Slattern statue in a week or so which I shouldn't even be doing. Timing just isn't right for me sadly. Luckily I don't have any interest in their Mark 42 or Black Widow and the Hulk I want to wait until I see in hand pics. Hopefully by the time Wolverine, Phoenix and Magneto go up for order, which are the ones I'm most interested in, my situation will have changed to where I can order those.

Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia.

Thanks. May only be a matter of time until Marvel throws down a hammer and makes it hard to get here in the US by sources other than person to person. If that happens, prices for these could really skyrocket.

The retailers aren't even supposed to be selling it over here anyway...I'm just waiting for the day the forum gets a C & D order from somebody over the XM stuff

I don't know all about that buddy. With three different reputable U.S. retailers selling these now you would think theres a loophole. Not saying I know this to be true but come on dude... I'm sure a large company like BBTS that would have a whole lot to lose did their homework. I could be completely wrong as well. I'm not an attorney. Just using common sense

So we can only talk about US products in this forum? I don't know what goes behind the scene about running/moderating a forum. Didn't know the forum can get a C&D for people talking about something that's official licence product but in other countries. So much for freedom of speech, and we are only talking about hobby products too... So would it be ok for us to talk if no XM affiliated people are part taking in the conversation?

Yeah BBTS having Black Widow is interesting, since they tend not to mess around with stuff they know companies will have a problem with. Like they are OK selling 3rd party transformers, but won't carry knock-offs or figures Hasbro/Takara have made some small issue with. Then again, it's also interesting that they only have Black Widow up. Could be there are character to character differences in the license.

So we can only talk about US products in this forum? I don't know what goes behind the scene about running/moderating a forum. Didn't know the forum can get a C&D for people talking about something that's official licence product but in other countries. So much for freedom of speech, and we are only talking about hobby products too... So would it be ok for us to talk if no XM affiliated people are part taking in the conversation?

Of course you can talk about it. I think he meant linking to US companies that are in violation of a license. Then again, those companies would have to get the C&D first, at which point, assuming they complied, a C&D for the forum linking to them would be moot.

Yeah BBTS having Black Widow is interesting, since they tend not to mess around with stuff they know companies will have a problem with. Like they are OK selling 3rd party transformers, but won't carry knock-offs or figures Hasbro/Takara have made some small issue with. Then again, it's also interesting that they only have Black Widow up. Could be there are character to character differences in the license.

And all their DragonBall z imported stuff. They sell ton of import exclusives through BBTS. That's what I was getting to. Ink could be spot on. Retailers toting the line or even slightly stepping over for a chance at some extra business.

I'd be very curious to get an official answer from someone affiliated with XM directly.

I understand the seriousness of promoting Customs in a forum like this or any other forum that holds discussions on licensed pieces. That is completely illegal but it Will never stop just like drugs in the U.S. or bootlegged music etc. Where there's a will there's a way. Just don't think XM should lumped into that group as a licensed company

BBTS kept on selling Syco's stuff during that whole mess too after people emailed them repeatedly

Of course you can talk about it. I think he meant linking to US companies that are in violation of a license. Then again, those companies would have to get the C&D first, at which point, assuming they complied, a C&D for the forum linking to them would be moot.

I've seen multiple companies drop C & D's here...

I've seen multiple companies drop C & D's here...

For what, specifically? I don't mean which companies for what products, but I mean for what type of actions? Merely talking about something or for linking to retailers in violation?

For what, specifically? I don't mean which companies for what products, but I mean for what type of actions? Merely talking about something or for linking to retailers in violation?

If I'm not mistaken, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad customs being sold openly on the forum produce a lot of heat from AMC

If I'm not mistaken, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad customs being sold openly on the forum produce a lot of heat from AMC

Gotcha. That makes sense, particularly when AMC has not handled their toy licenses very well to date and has a lot of profit being left on the table, so customs can really eat into that.

Marvel is a different beast though. No idea how litigious they are by nature, but often the larger the company with the more widespread market dominance, the less they fuss about things like customs are small run third party sales. Of course the opposite can be true as well.

Back