[XM Studios] Cable

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys. :lol

n83SlSt.gif

Damn! XM is just killing it! The tweaks to the portrait and this piece is spot on...

Can't wait to see it printed and painted!

Genuinely curious: why somebody said the mechanical eye can't be done?

I don't think they'll have any trouble representing the mechanical eye. At 1:4, it's just gonna be some groves and indentations on the size of a small pea.

No way they can get that mechanical eye

It won't be that detailed that is for sure. Just painting it will fill in half those groves at 1/4 scale, but then again this just looks SICK

I think we're saying the same thing. I don't worry that XM will nail a representation of the mechanical eye.

They will do a fine job, but with the eye being 2-3mm across on the outside it will be impossible to get that level of detail. Heck just the molding process will probably cost them a bit of the resolution.

It won't be that detailed that is for sure. Just painting it will fill in half those groves at 1/4 scale, but then again this just looks SICK

What if they sculpt in grey or black then only paint the ridges with orange or something?

Yeah. But I think it's possible. Either way, I'm interested in seeing what they do. Haha

Back