[XM Studios] Cable

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"He is back........" XM Studios Facebook

13083119_1672354056318620_6315533314989872232_n.jpg

Bloody hell! ...I hope XM will consider spacing out the release of these work of arts. We have been waiting a long time for these, but releasing all of them at the same time ...or near same time ...will kill most of us.

I always planned on getting this ...even before the hold was put in place.

Unfortunate indeed. They can see now how in demand some of these characters are. It's a shame, really.

I agree. I have no idea why SSC would pass on some of the characters. It seems there is quite a pent up demand for good 1/4 X-Men statues.

You would think with the Xmen movie lined up, It's a good time to make Xmen statues. Instead, we get all you want Ironman and Hulk :lol

So I'm curious on how xm will go with the faces on these x-men pieces? The cable sculpt looks amazing, but even from the wip it doesn't really look like cables face. It resembles him, but not accurate to me. We all know that once these pieces get painted they don't turn out like the wip human faces. Note : I'm only referring to human face sculpts which they struggle with. Im just concerned as a lot of the x-men have human faces and to me getting one of these pieces, depends on that accuracy. I don't think its fair we have to keep paying an extra $200-300 for a custom head sculpt replacement by someone else because they can't get it right.

So I'm curious on how xm will go with the faces on these x-men pieces? The cable sculpt looks amazing, but even from the wip it doesn't really look like cables face. It resembles him, but not accurate to me. We all know that once these pieces get painted they don't turn out like the wip human faces. Note : I'm only referring to human face sculpts which they struggle with. Im just concerned as a lot of the x-men have human faces and to me getting one of these pieces, depends on that accuracy. I don't think its fair we have to keep paying an extra $200-300 for a custom head sculpt replacement by someone else because they can't get it right.

If you don´t like it, don´t buy it. :)

Isn't face "accuracy" only applicable to statues of real people? It implies there is only a single correct version.

Isn't face "accuracy" only applicable to statues of real people? It implies there is only a single correct version.

Right. Face accuracy means one is using a specific face ...like an actor's face for example ...as a reference for the face sculpt. Since XM is not referencing a specific person's face then how can Cable's face be inaccurate?

If anything, as long as XM's face sculpt of Cable resembles the comic character, then we are golden. I for one think this piece is a great representation of Cable.

Ya but you generally have to put your deposit down on a piece before its even painted if you want to secure one...

Im not crazy about that part of Xm collecting either :(

With the exception of conventions, preorders go up after the proto is done. In the past maybe, but that doesn't seem to be the practice anymore. I believe they implemented this starting with Kraven, but I may be wrong.

Back