XM Studios Brown Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The talks about the pose based on the sketch seem pointless to me. He's leaping forward, pose is correct and the side view looks spot on... using comic covers with invented anatomies and forced perspectives as examples doesn't make much sense imho.

The talks about the pose based on the sketch seem pointless to me. He's leaping forward, pose is correct and the side view looks spot on... using comic covers with invented anatomies and forced perspectives as examples doesn't make much sense imho.

I agree. He looks fantastic as is. I wouldn't change a thing.

I don't really get why the swords would be imbedded in the roof

I think it's a common japanese theme, especially in samurai movies.
They would leave weapons scattered around in strategic points to make sure they always have weapons available, especially in fights where few fight against many and try to use hit and run tactics. This is because during the fights, swords can easily stuck inside bodies.
I really like the concept, it's like if Wolverine has planned to ambush his enemies, fighting them through the roofs and then leaping into the remaining ones - either with his claws or with the swords he prepared before the ambush. It works to me (which is why I wouldn't change the pose, either).

Btw, this is a scene from the (awesome) 13 Assassins movie, highly recommended:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfBmKZVPPHc

And this is from the immortal 7 Samurai:

tumblr_mpmpz785JO1qd3lbbo1_1280.jpg

Only a suggestion based on one of the most popular artist like ever...lol. Also if you look at the sketches the final product is often pretty damn close to it

No. You have to know someone in the territories XM sells or find a middle man.
Thanks. Too bad about that. The territorial monopolization on these licenses sucks sometimes. Because SSC could surely do with some real competition here in the West. I skipped the disappointing SSC brown Wolvie.

Only a suggestion based on one of the most popular artist like ever...lol. Also if you look at the sketches the final product is often pretty damn close to it

You're using a 2D cover art with forced perspective and invented physics as a base for something that has to be produced into a material 3D object, it just doesn't work. And as popular as he is, Jim Lee is not Michelangelo.
You can't leap straight ahead in real life, gravity doesn't allow it (and I don't think it would look aesthetically pleasing anyway, it would look forced and unnatural). When you leap from an higher ground like in the concept art, you go up and forward, that's basic physics

Thanks. Too bad about that. The territorial monopolization on these licenses sucks sometimes. Because SSC could surely do with some real competition here in the West. I skipped the disappointing SSC brown Wolvie.

I personally really liked how the brown Wolvie PF turned out in hand. I was shocked by how much I liked it because I did have some minor reservations when I PO'd it. However, I understand there are peeps such as yourself who don't care for it. As for XM's Marvel license...yeah, it does suck that we can't freely PO XM merch on this side of the pond. My biggest issue (besides jumping through hoops to secure a piece) is shipping costs. They are so damn expensive. $200-$300 in shipping per item is no joke. That doesn't even include massive pieces like the Hulkbuster or X-MEN dio. That'll probably run about $500 in shipping costs. You can get a PF for that kind of money. Hopefully, things change in the future but for right now, its a mad scramble and expensive to secure XM pieces outside their sales territories.

I personally really liked how the brown Wolvie PF turned out in hand. I was shocked by how much I liked it because I did have some minor reservations when I PO'd it. However, I understand there are peeps such as yourself who don't care for it. As for XM's Marvel license...yeah, it does suck that we can't freely PO XM merch on this side of the pond. My biggest issue (besides jumping through hoops to secure a piece) is shipping costs. They are so damn expensive. $200-$300 in shipping per item is no joke. That doesn't even include massive pieces like the Hulkbuster or X-MEN dio. That'll probably run about $500 in shipping costs. You can get a PF for that kind of money. Hopefully, things change in the future but for right now, its a mad scramble and expensive to secure XM pieces outside their sales territories.

Yeah SS Brown Wolvie is spectacular in hand. They did an amzing job on him. I am proud to have my "dissapointing" Wolverine. :lol

Once this is painted, then we will have direct comparison of the two Wolv

Quality wise it shouldn't even be compared. XM 99.9 percent of the time has better paint apps. It's part of what you pay for. SS Brown Wolvie is a great interpretation and a solid add to any collection.

Back