XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
these guys(XM) are hilarious. Everytime someone starts to nitpick they fix it before it builds any steam.

Some guy 1: Yeah, I don't like .... too much

Some other guy 2: I see what you are saying, could be better

1 minute later
Some guy 1: LOVE this statue, GRAIL :)

View attachment 128071

Don't see the issue here :)

Now that is an AMAZING looking facial sculpt. I am looking forward to seeing what they have planned for the neck seam. Honestly, they keep taking the input from fans and improving their pieces. I know everyone is enjoying these, but as an artist these behind the curtain peaks are such a treat. I LOVE seeing WIP pieces grow more and more. It is just a treat to watch the growth.

Last edited:
Absolutely. :yess:

They are showing that they have an interest in what it's collectors want but what's good even beyond that is their original concepts are really spot on for the characters they are doing. In other words the tweaking is all that is really necessary not an entirely different pose because it simply doesn't make sense for the character. On this same point I think they have more than a good idea of what will and won't benefit each piece so I don't think they'll try to please every concern but more so focus on addressing the concerns they feel will help the piece look better.

XM is firing on all cylinders right now. :clap

They had already noticed it since the black backdrop photos were taken... Here is the pic from last week

It is obvious that they have corrected the flesh colored area around his eyes though. Damn these guys are good.

Love how xm takes feedback so fast but hope that people don't start taking advantage of it and expect xm to fix every small nitpick

Like I said above the change had already been made before we started to complain about it. What I can say, and I hope that this isn't to much inside baseball, is that XM appreciates targeted specific constructive criticism from those on these boards who give it to them. I don't suspect this, I don't feel this, I KNOW this. I will agree that there might be a tendency for guys to start nitpicking how someone's hair is parted, or how the rubble on a base doesn't look rubbly enough, BUT just about every piece XM has had some input from the fans that has, at least by appearances, made a piece look better. I will say I think they are equally good at ignoring input till they are sure we as fans know how something is going to play out. They eyeline issue with the Magneto unmasked head is a perfect example. Many of us thought the off shift of his gaze was the wrong way to go, myself included, and then BAM they showed us how awesome it could look. I think they will be amazing at making those decisions. I think they really have a handle on it on a great balance. I wouldn't worry about it to much

Absolutely. :yess:

They are showing that they have an interest in what it's collectors want but what's good even beyond that is their original concepts are really spot on for the characters they are doing. In other words the tweaking is all that is really necessary not an entirely different pose because it simply doesn't make sense for the character. On this same point I think they have more than a good idea of what will and won't benefit each piece so I don't think they'll try to please every concern but more so focus on addressing the concerns they feel will help the piece look better.
XM is firing on all cylinders right now. :clap

Danging it I was TYPING THIS... You beat me to it.

Danging it I was TYPING THIS... You beat me to it.

:wave

XM has their head on straight so there is no way they are expecting address every issue collectors bring up. They want to make killer pieces and so they are constantly tweaking to make things better. The Hawkeye base is a good example of a situation where many people were already happy with the base...however XM felt they could do more and did. I'm really digging where they are placing their priorities from the start.

these guys(XM) are hilarious. Everytime someone starts to nitpick they fix it before it builds any steam.

Some guy 1: Yeah, I don't like .... too much

Some other guy 2: I see what you are saying, could be better

1 minute later
Some guy 1: LOVE this statue, GRAIL :)

ya, mad props to em for that! so many artists get arrogant about their work! "they know better than the fans" mentality vs. XM mentality of putting out 99% of their vision & leaving it to the fans to nitpick out the fine details. best of all worlds (except Shipping ;( )

There's a PO date list buried somewhere in the threads... I think someone has it as their sig too. A sticky thread with the PO dates would be great... or maybe thread started can update first post?

Last edited:
There's a release date list buried somewhere in the threads... I think someone has it as their sig too. A sticky thread with the PO dates would be great... or maybe thread started can update first post?

Not a release date list, but a PO list. The release dates have, however, been summarized in a rough form by kayz.

1-2 between each release.

Hulk was in August.

The it should be as following:

Mark 42 -> Black Widow -> Magneto -> Hawkeye -> Wolverine

Not sure where Mark VII fits in since he wasn't mentioned.

List of PO:

• Hawkeye – 5th Sept
  • Wolverine (Yellow) – 19th Sept
  • Antman – 3rd Oct
  • Thanos – 17th Oct
  • Ms Marvel – 31th Oct
  • Thor – 14 Nov
  • Mark 7 – 28th Nov

Yes, thank you, I actually typed release date list twice and caught it once to change to PO, but missed the first one.

Back