XM Studios 1/4 Classic Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand how you can tell a retailer who they can/can not sell their products to. Once it leaves the company's or distributor's hands it's a free market for the retailer isn't it? I mean they can tell XM not to sell to Simply Toys, but I don't think they can tell Simply Toys who they can sell to. Am I missing something?

True, but doesn't that amount to the same thing? Simply Toys can't sell a product they never get. If they don't agree to honor licensing agreements, they forfeit their allocation of product. It's pretty simple really.

Yeah we get it. You don't need to spell it out to us. Like i said i'm not arsed. I'll get XM statues no matter what.

People keep saying that SSC is simply being asshats about it this, but they aren't. Maybe, just maybe if the XM fans had let XM do their thing on the down low instead of being so damn vocal in EVERY forum SSC employees spend time this might have been different.

Like I said before, it is sad that they do this while in the past they did the same with Bowen statues. They just want to control the whole industry and take money from everyone... In the end XM is not violating anything because I as an international customer can't order with them directly;)

PS: You are the most vocal but did you order already something from them?

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

I HAD been waiting to see an XM Hulk and Spidey made by Erick Sosa, but that isn't going to happen now. So I don't know when I will be getting an XM piece.

True, but doesn't that amount to the same thing? Simply Toys can't sell a product they never get. If they don't agree to honor licensing agreements, they forfeit their allocation of product. It's pretty simple really.

Yep. Is this just a rumour? Where has this come from? Not just a sideshow fanboy making things up is it? :lol

People keep saying that SSC is simply being asshats about it this, but they aren't. Maybe, just maybe if the XM fans had let XM do their thing on the down low instead of being so damn vocal in EVERY forum SSC employees spend time this might have been different.

Yeah you know what fanboy wars are like though.

Yeah there is, HT does it all the time

Contracted agreements can be made about anything. Hot Toys is a major part of sideshow's business model, I'm sure they make contract agreements on the distribution of various products, particularly exclusives that SS is happy to oblige. Also, HT is a manufacturer, not a licensor. Barring such an agreement between a manufacturer and retailer, no, a licensor has no direct legal recourse to demand what a retailer does with product it has purchased. No one is saying that Disney can't weave influence down the pipeline, but rather dispelling the notion that Disney can call up Simply Toys and begin enforcing their demands.

Yep. Is this just a rumour? Where has this come from? Not just a sideshow fanboy making things up is it? :lol

Well someone who is apparently a reseller for XM has confirmed it in this thread.

Yeah you know what fanboy wars are like though.

Yeah, but in this case they screwed the people who they were trying to help and win the fight for.

Like I said before, it is sad that they do this while in the past they did the same with Bowen statues. They just want to control the whole industry and take money from everyone... In the end XM is not violating anything because I as an international customer can't order with them directly;)

PS: You are the most vocal but did you order already something from them?

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

XM has been attempting to sidestep their license from day one. Didn't go unnoticed. That's all.

It doesn't matter how much you wish someone well... the MOMMENT you know that they are violating your distribution rights you HAVE to react to that or risk losing your rights. Do you think that Disney likes going after daycare centers and Dads who have painted Whinnie the Pooh and Mickey Mouse on their walls?? No, but they have to ALWAYS defend their rights (copy rights), because if they don't even just once they start a precedents that they can not take back. It is the way things work.

You are taking this one step too far now. Disney is one of the most heinous evil corporations there are, in SO MANY WAYS.

P
I HAD been waiting to see an XM Hulk and Spidey made by Erick Sosa, but that isn't going to happen now. So I don't know when I will be getting an XM piece.

I was going to ask if you had any XM statues. I see you say how much you like the company but didn't know if you had their statues.

It doesn't matter how much you wish someone well... the MOMMENT you know that they are violating your distribution rights you HAVE to react to that or risk losing your rights. Do you think that Disney likes going after daycare centers and Dads who have painted Whinnie the Pooh and Mickey Mouse on their walls?? No, but they have to ALWAYS defend their rights (copy rights), because if they don't even just once they start a precedents that they can not take back. It is the way things work.

Hmmm, maybe Disney should go after all the artists who are doing illegal commissions for money....

I was going to ask if you had any XM statues. I see you say how much you like the company but didn't know if you had their statues.

The problem being that I have VERY few WANTS for my collection.... Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Hulk, Cap......... and the ONLY one that they have done that I don't have already is the Hulk and I don't like the one XM already did. I have been WAITING so patiently for the Erick Sosa ones that I was convinced would come, hell I was even considering selling my Spidey Com for the XM ones, but now I just don't know.

Hmmm, maybe Disney should go after all the artists who are doing illegal commissions for money....

You are totally right... and they do for their Disney characters. It seems that they are willing to overlook the commissions on Marvel pieces if they don't exceed a certain value. I don't know if that will stop, but it easily could.

The problem being that I have VERY few WANTS for my collection.... Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Hulk, Cap......... and the ONLY one that they have done that I don't have already is the Hulk and I don't like the one XM already did. I have been WAITING so patiently for the Erick Sosa ones that I was convinced would come, hell I was even considering selling my Spidey Com for the XM ones, but now I just don't know.
So you're more of a Sosa fan than XM? OK well maybe they will make something you want soon and then you'll see why we love their stuff so much. :)
That's a no. :lol
:lol

So you're more of a Sosa fan than XM? OK well maybe they will make something you want soon and then you'll see why we love their stuff so much. :)

:lol

Oh I LOVE Magneto, and I could have had one for retail. I just couldn't buy something I was going to flip because it wasn't a character I am in love with. I even saw him, and I KNOW how killer a piece it is. IF it was a Spiderman or Hulk I would have been ALL over it.

Oh, they would if it were feasible. Years ago, before Disney, Marvel tried to do just that and clamp down on artists, especially on eBay.

Back