XM Studio 1/4 Avenger Iron Man Mark VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Spidey here. Love everything about this but the head seems a little elongated. Easy fix.

The tipping point for me is being able to display without the flaps. I'm just not into the flaps so I love being able to display without them.

I agree with everything you said here m8, critiques, and praise. I would add that I think the detail and paint job on this owns any other IM product I have ever scene. However I would ask the guys at XM if these pictures are getting squeezed at all because when I look at them he looks thin, and it is nowhere more evident than in the faceplate. The distance between the eyes and the red area in the middle of his forehead is at least twice as long as it should be giving him a receding hairline feel.

At post #211 it was displayed with no red infill...they added an infill when pointed out (#213) but not enough. They just need to extend the infill and it would look better...perhaps the head is a little thin though?

The black bg and excessive saturation is distracting in these pics. Looking forward to more natural ones.

I'm with Spidey here. Love everything about this but the head seems a little elongated. Easy fix.

The tipping point for me is being able to display without the flaps. I'm just not into the flaps so I love being able to display without them.

That's what I want to know! Can this be displayed without the flaps / brakes on his back?

i wish the paint can be made like this..more metallic finish! please make it happen! View attachment 124959View attachment 124960

Please no.

I don't want to take away from whoever's work that is b/c it is pretty neat, but imo the original SSC Hulkbuster has marvelous paint, as does this, so let's keep going in this direction and not 180 into something muted like that piece.

200064_press10-001.jpg

I agree with everything you said here m8, critiques, and praise. I would add that I think the detail and paint job on this owns any other IM product I have ever scene. However I would ask the guys at XM if these pictures are getting squeezed at all because when I look at them he looks thin, and it is nowhere more evident than in the faceplate. The distance between the eyes and the red area in the middle of his forehead is at least twice as long as it should be giving him a receding hairline feel.
However, this is just SICK. The only piece that comes close to it is the original SSC Mark VI. Congrats XM

Now that I'm on pc and able to view these properly I agree with you. In some shots, the helmet does appear elongated.

However, in other photo's seen below it looks perfect, which is interesting.

y2e5u9ur.jpg

e3a7emu7.jpg

I think myfeetarehappy said it best when he stated the pure black background may be influencing our opinion's one way or another.

Once we see this in a natural setting like we have Magneto we should be able to make better determinations and/or suggestions.

I'm also retracting my comment about the arc reactor size now that I'm off mobile, it looks spot on.

Thank you XM for taking the time to detail the arc reactor! :clap

I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE THIS IN MY COLLECTION! :rock

tumblr_m8li1nRrUq1qm0qu7.gif

Last edited:

I guess everyone forgets so easily how perspective can change the look of everything. The elongated head is shown to be perspective driven. Look at the PCS Scorpion MK statue that has been shown and then look at the accurate Magneto helmet pics....there is nothing wrong with them. What I really need to see is how IM matches up width wise with Captain America. Cause then I can gauge better if he is thinner than he should be.

The paints and details on this is absolutely phenomenal though. So far, until SS shows me something better with their MK7 (when they decide to put it up), I am ordering this.

I guess everyone forgets so easily how perspective can change the look of everything. The elongated head is shown to be perspective driven. Look at the PCS Scorpion MK statue that has been shown and then look at the accurate Magneto helmet pics....there is nothing wrong with them. What I really need to see is how IM matches up width wise with Captain America. Cause then I can gauge better if he is thinner than he should be.

The paints and details on this is absolutely phenomenal though. So far, until SS shows me something better with their MK7 (when they decide to put it up), I am ordering this.

Sorry Loric, but my critiques take into account the perspective on this. If you look at these pics they are pretty much straight on the figure

ru6e4y6u.jpg

esesesa8.jpg

And if you look at these photos which are pretty much straight on you can see that the center Incut red part is far lower on the forhead. Almost twice as low by my reconing.
image.jpgimage.jpg

So unless these photos are severely squished they should revisit the faceplate on this one.

Might want to rethink using a Sideshow proto bust to make a point, the end product is never as good.

Yes... But it isn't the quality of the final product I am talking about when it comes to the bust m8, but that proto is right on spec when it comes to the Mark VII. It just shows how the faceplate is off...lol

Yes... But it isn't the quality of the final product I am talking about when it comes to the bust m8, but that proto is right on spec when it comes to the Mark VII. It just shows how the faceplate is off...lol
Looking at the 2 pics you posted, the faceplate in film looks thinner than the SSC one, easy to tell from the mouth area.

This makes me want the XM Cap even more. Haha. I think ironman looks great, but the base looks cheap and rushed when compared to the statue. Caps base is one of the coolest things about that statue.

This makes me want the XM Cap even more. Haha. I think ironman looks great, but the base looks cheap and rushed when compared to the statue. Caps base is one of the coolest things about that statue.

Hmmm. A base that allows you to display a 1/4 scale statue two different ways and also happens to be a sign straight from the movie the statue is based off of. Yeah lazy makes sense. They should have done an A base instead. :slap

tumblr_moz0rx8lzE1sqv808o1_250.gif

Hmmm. A base that allows you to display a 1/4 scale statue two different ways and also happens to be a sign straight from the movie the statue is based off of. Yeah lazy makes sense. They should have done an A base instead. :slap

tumblr_moz0rx8lzE1sqv808o1_250.gif

It's just his opinion :lol

Personally yeah I really like it, I think it's different & in good way. It's different but I can understand some folks preferring a more like Dio base to match in with the rest of there statues

I know XM are planning on making a comic IM to match there comic Avengers statues so I'm going to hold out for that. Could be a few years until we see that though :(

I was so tempted by this though. If it wasn't for that fact I only collect 1/4 comic statues this would be a day one order

Gorgeous statue IMO

Last edited:
It's just his opinion :lol

Personally yeah I really like it, I think it's different & in good way. It's different but I can understand some folks preferring a more like Dio base to match in with the rest of there statues

I know XM are planning on making a comic IM to match there comic Avengers statues so I'm going to hold out for that. Could be a few years until we see that though :(

I was so tempted by this though. If it wasn't for that fact I only collect 1/4 comic statues this would be a day one order

Gorgeous statue IMO

It's not the fact that he doesn't like the base. Like you said it's an opinion which everyone's entitled to. Calling it rushed (another way of saying lazy) though when the idea itself is a first of it's kind in the statue community is anything but rushed. That's just my opinion

It's not the fact that he doesn't like the base. Like you said it's an opinion which everyone's entitled to. Calling it rushed (another way of saying lazy) though when the idea itself is a first of it's kind in the statue community is anything but rushed. That's just my opinion

That's cool. Yeah I see your point about the lazy bit

It looks plastic to me. Doesn't look metal in those photos. That's what I meant. Maybe rushed wasn't the best word since I know they put the time in. All these statue companies do. Didn't mean any disrespect by it.

Just think they could have went the extra mile on the base, like they have on the other XM statues.

Back