XL Shop?? Is it safe??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, XL-shop is the HT sole-distributor in Malaysia. I buy all my toys from their physical shop.

I made an order for an in-stock item. They promise on their site to get back to you within 48 hours with a shipping quote; after 10 days, and 5 emails from me, they finally emailed back to say the item was out of stock, despite the fact that every time I'd checked in those 10 days it was still listed as in stock.

My opinion therefore is that they are rubbish.

I made an order for an in-stock item. They promise on their site to get back to you within 48 hours with a shipping quote; after 10 days, and 5 emails from me, they finally emailed back to say the item was out of stock, despite the fact that every time I'd checked in those 10 days it was still listed as in stock.

Hmm.. yes.. their online store response is slow sometime.. and info shown is not accurate sometime.

We Malaysians are notoriously lazy, so don't expect customer service to be anything amazing:D

For instance, they've had HT black widow in stock for weeks now and still nothing about it on their websites main page (yeah there's a forum post about it, but news is what the main page is for you know).

I've only purchased one figure from them and currently have a HT on pre-order, hopefully there won't be any complications with that. I think the prices are good and they have a decent variety of figures to choose from. Also where HT is concerned they get them faster than most other places.

If your non-Malaysian i'd suggest sticking with your local collectible stores, imo customer service is to much of a hassle to risk it.

Last edited:
I personally have never bought anything from their shop. There are cheaper options here in Malaysia. Only difference is the time taken for the stocks to arrive.

Maybe we Malaysian collectors should share shop info, there's a strong collector scene here but I don't think we have anything like BBTS; a one stop shop for all things collectible. These days I mostly collect NECA and 1/6 scale figures. 1/6 seems very popular here and I know of two shops that specialize in the scale. I would like to know if there are any places were I can find NECA figs though as the shops I frequent don't always get the figures I want.

I once inquired to them about their shipping policy and received an email reply one year later :lol. I posted about it a long time ago - can't remember which thread, though.

I got most of my figures from them...usually self pick-up...so there's no shipping problem for me. I did emailed them previously and they reply in the same day.

To answer TC's question, yeah it's a legit store operated here in Malaysia, I've been to their stores before. As for their online services, I've heard good things and bad, so it's up to your discretion.

We Malaysians are notoriously lazy,

Thanks for the reminder! :rotfl

There are cheaper options here in Malaysia. Only difference is the time taken for the stocks to arrive.

Such as? I've only seen cheap prices on Lowyat, but I'm not sure which sellers are reliable.

Maybe we Malaysian collectors should share shop info,.

I tend to go on ebay.com.my or Lowyat.

I once inquired to them about their shipping policy and received an email reply one year later :lol. I posted about it a long time ago - can't remember which thread, though.

Sorry to hear that Solidus, but don't get discouraged if you ever wanna try again!

Such as? I've only seen cheap prices on Lowyat, but I'm not sure which sellers are reliable.

Time Machine in Berjaya Times Square. Their price aren't fixed but usually cheaper than XL. They usually got 3rd batch from HT..

Time Machine in Berjaya Times Square. Their price aren't fixed but usually cheaper than XL. They usually got 3rd batch from HT..

I live in Kota Bharu, so I don't go to Times Square that often, but I've bought stuff from Time Machine way back in 2004. Do you know if they do postage?

XL-shop online store has difference stock management than retail. And due to some system limitation, the stock status might be delayed. You can contact them directly via phone or email (I might can give u another email addr). They do ship item local and oversea.

To answer TC's question, yeah it's a legit store operated here in Malaysia, I've been to their stores before. As for their online services, I've heard good things and bad, so it's up to your discretion.

Thanks for the reminder! :rotfl

I tend to go on ebay.com.my or Lowyat.

Sorry to hear that Solidus, but don't get discouraged if you ever wanna try again!

Toygarden, Time Machine.. not a lot cheaper but for someone who saves lunch money everyday I prefer them.

Back