Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box died on me for the second time last week. It lasted longer than I expected it too. I sent it in for repair so hofully Ill be getting it back soon.

I must confess my love for my Xbox.

This weekend I noticed an old friend from Canada online. We started a chat and talked for over 2 hours about this and that. The whole time we talked we compared Achievements 2 times and I played Peggle (locally), Batman (locally), Kung Fu Panda (locally, don't ask), Battlefield 1943 (Xbox Live), and we played Texas Holdem together online. The whole time there was not one glitch, pause, or break in communication and the online games never studdered a single time.

That right there is why Xbox kicks ass. To think that during that we could have started up a movie over Netflix together too is even more amazing. I really hope they don't give us a Xbox 520 for a looooong time.

Nice. With Natal coming out next year, you can bet that they won't be releasing a new console for a while.

Which is actually a good thing--I expect graphics hardware to start to improve faster than it has so by that time the tech should be cheap and a big jump in power.

WOW!!!! Mark the calendar--- I finally got an E74 code!!! I was watching Fight Quest on Netflix and turned it off while I jumped in the shower to get ready for bed. I came back and turned the 360 on to get this crazy lower right quadrant red light and E74 message on the screen.

Oh well, I guess I couldn't last forever.

WOW!!!! Mark the calendar--- I finally got an E74 code!!! I was watching Fight Quest on Netflix and turned it off while I jumped in the shower to get ready for bed. I came back and turned the 360 on to get this crazy lower right quadrant red light and E74 message on the screen.

Oh well, I guess I couldn't last forever.

i feel your pain man!! i am on my 7th 360!!! seventh!!! lol we'll see how long this one lasts!!!

Ouch. Well, I know it sounds weird but I really dont care if my 30 is dead...mainly because I use my PS3 95% of the time. I'll miss playing with all of my LIVE friends, but if I have to foot the bill for repairs or buy another system I'll just throw in the towel and sell the system to someone that will fix it.

~~ Unfortunately, I can't have this luxury with the PS3 because I have all my Blu movies so I have my fingers crossed that it lasts forever.

I don't think so. It is the very first Elite model that was released 2 years ago.

You should still be covered. Just give them a call. If they give you crap just keep talking. I've had 3 or 4 replaced now (i've lost track) and I've never paid for a single repair. Just don't give up.

Oh, and the 360 rocks. My plan is that if mine ever dies again I will immediately go out and buy an elite with the bigger HD.

You should still be covered. Just give them a call. If they give you crap just keep talking. I've had 3 or 4 replaced now (i've lost track) and I've never paid for a single repair. Just don't give up.

Oh, and the 360 rocks. My plan is that if mine ever dies again I will immediately go out and buy an elite with the bigger HD.

Its covered under the warranty, but I think its B.S. that I have to pay for the shipping. I think MS should send a tech to my house, bring a footlong Chicken Teriyaki on wheat from Subway, and fix it on my kitchen table.

Last edited:
Damn , thats bad luck ... or bad design etc.

I hope they have all been covered by warranty.

Was it the same problem for all of them?

Cheers
Chad.

yea microsoft covered the bill every time which i am very happy with..i just had to mail it to them and wait to get a "refurbished" one in return..but never cost me a penny

they all had the same problem..the 3 red rings of death! an overheating issue apparently

yea microsoft covered the bill every time which i am very happy with..i just had to mail it to them and wait to get a "refurbished" one in return..but never cost me a penny

they all had the same problem..the 3 red rings of death! an overheating issue apparently

ahhh.. the 3 red rings of death.. the inconvience is a bummer , but at least it didn't cost you anything.

I wonder if they will change the design or keep ignoring this common problem , I see the PS3 has changed its shape.

I think the design has been changed so its less likely to happen now, when my 2nd 360 broke for the 3rd time (!) it was out of warranty so I bought the arcade package, I think its supposedly more reliable...

ahhh.. the 3 red rings of death.. the inconvience is a bummer , but at least it didn't cost you anything.

I wonder if they will change the design or keep ignoring this common problem , I see the PS3 has changed its shape.

yea the inconvenience was insane!!

the new ps3 is sooo ugly!!

I have decided to let my Live Account run out this month.
All I play is Halo now and then and I feel I just don't get my money's worth.

Same here. If/ when the new MS console comes out they better wise up and go with the no subscription for LIVE. I have no problems charging for the extra stuff like movies and stuff. Everything else should be free like PSN.

I read somewhare that supposedly the with the Jasper chip 360's, the failure rate from RROD/E74 so far is only around 2%. Not sure if it true or not but I havent heard of too many Jasper 360's failing. Most of the ones I read that did were the Red RE5 Elites. If it is true, it certainly is encouraging at least.

That being said, I still don't trust my 360 and I've had mine for about 10 months.

This day has been awesome. First my stereo breaks down and now my Xbox got the RROD :banghead And i'm getting Modern Warfare in the mail tomorrow :emperor Typical. So i don't know if i should get it fixed or just say ???? it and get a new one. I have the old 20GB version and it's had the RROD once before.

This day has been awesome. First my stereo breaks down and now my Xbox got the RROD :banghead And i'm getting Modern Warfare in the mail tomorrow :emperor Typical. So i don't know if i should get it fixed or just say ???? it and get a new one. I have the old 20GB version and it's had the RROD once before.
Damn that f'ing sucks, it's like these damn things know whenever a big game is coming out! :monkey4 Sorry dude. :(

Sorry to hear that man !. I hope you can get something sorted out.

Back