X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“It’s a little complicated, but if they [Fox, which holds the X-Men rights] want to use them in the X-Men movie they could, [but] if we want to use them in The Avengers movie, we could.”

Doesn't sound like there needs to be any deal or studio cooperation. Fox can use them as X-Men and Marvel can use them as Avengers. The parents have joint custody of these siblings.

Yet he removed this announcement from his twitter feed...hmmmm....:wink1:
The announcement is still there, just not the same words as before though.

"Before he was an #Avenger, he was just a REALLY fast kid. Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver."

It's interesting that Singer deleted his above original tweet and then posted the following sometime later. I guess he realized he would appear to be rubbing Whedon and Marvel the wrong way especially in the eyes of the fans or maybe Fox legal guys advised him to do so.

"Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver."

The announcement is still there, just not the same words as before though.

"Before he was an #Avenger, he was just a REALLY fast kid. Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver."

It's interesting that Singer deleted his above original tweet and then posted the following sometime later. I guess he realized he would appear to be rubbing Whedon and Marvel the wrong way especially in the eyes of the fans or maybe Fox legal guys advised him to do so.

"Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver."

Yup, I noticed that, saw it coming a mile away. Smart of him to do so as well, instead of causing controversy over it, people can focus on the announcement instead.

People say they want cohesion but i bet If Fox and Sony teamed up to have Kitty Pryde appear in Pete's school or Liz Allen flame up in a Spider-Man movie and runaway to then and join the X-Men in their next movie or Spidey team up with Johnny Storm, they would still not be happy.

When it comes to Quicksilver, I don't think Fox can refer to Avengers, and Disney can't mention X-Men. Singer mentioned Avengers. That was probably a legal goof on his part, since he is currently employed by Fox promoting a Fox X-Men film and mentioning Quicksilver as a member of both the X-Men and the Avengers.

When it comes to Quicksilver, I don't think Fox can refer to Avengers, and Disney can't mention X-Men. Singer mentioned Avengers. That was probably a legal goof on his part, since he is currently employed by Fox promoting a Fox X-Men film and mentioning Quicksilver as a member of both the X-Men and the Avengers.

Thats sounds plausible, well put

Why? If kitty makes a brief cameo people would get excited :dunno.

Cameos are fun. It's not a cross over cameo but, how fun was it to see Wolverine in Xmen first class?

The new FF and Xmen are going to share the same universe apparently. Do you dislike that as well?

Cameos are fun. It's not a cross over cameo but, how fun was it to see Wolverine in Xmen first class?

The new FF and Xmen are going to share the same universe apparently. Do you dislike that as well?

:goodpost:
Liars assume people are lying, thieves assume people wanna steal their ****, Uncanny Nova assumes people are going to whine and cry...

connection... :dunno

I agree, loved seeing Wolverine in FC. I have no idea why people would be so against marvel and the other companies handling their products work together, but I just try to consider the source.

The X-men movies themselves have a ton of cameos, because they simply couldn't fit everyone in, but all those little nods throughout that suggest a bigger universe, are just so much fun.

Besides...all these universes are already shared anyway. How else do you explain Stan Lee being in (nearly) all of them?! :horror

, Uncanny Nova assumes people are going to whine and cry...

connection... :dunno.

Gee... Because of all the people whining and crying for the rights to return to Marvel or for ASM2 or DOFP to fail whenever news comes up and talkbacks are present or crap Like This and the comments on this

Little Cameos are fun if they make sense. Like Wolverine in FC like you said or Hawkeye in Thor or the easter eggs like the names on Strykers computer, but they fit well.

The little Stan Lee ones are the best.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLVBcCkVWb0&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLVBcCkVWb0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

The FF2, Thor & ASM ones were my fave.

Wonder why he wasn't in X2 :dunno

Last edited:
I know it's all in harmless fun with you Jye.

But that's too often a comment against Singer. not cool imo.

newsroom-shut-up.gif

Back