X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the movie, but I gave it an 8.5/10, I don’t know if it’s better than X2 as the best X film to date, I give it a lot of credit because of how ambitious it was.

I gave it an 8.5/10 as well. While I gave CA:TWS a 10/10

I like both casts, I prefer some of the FC actors over the originals and vice versa, Mcavoy and Fassbender are certainly the better Magneto/Professor X, but I much prefer Rebecca Romijn and Kelsey Grammer’s rendition of Beast/Mystique over Jen Lawrence’s and Nicholas Hoult’s.

I gave it an 8.5/10 as well. While I gave CA:TWS a 10/10

Hey, I’m happy for you man, these movies are made to entertain and TWS was certainly entertaining. I personally gave it a 7/10 but I enjoyed the hell of it.

My list for this year as far as superhero movies go:

1. DOFP
2. GOTG
3. CA TWS
4. TASM2

Last edited:
I like both casts, I prefer some of the FC actors over the originals and vice versa, Mcavoy and Fassbender are certainly the better Magneto/Professor X, but I much prefer Rebecca Romijn and Kelsey Grammer’s rendition of Beast/Mystique over Jen Lawrence’s and Nicholas Hoult’s.

Hey, I’m happy for you man, these movies are made to entertain and TWS was certainly entertaining. I personally gave it a 7/10 but I enjoyed the hell of it.

My list for this year as far as superhero movies go:

1. DOFP
2. GOTG
3. CA TWS
4. TASM2

Why only a 7/10? I like to hear others opinions.

Why only a 7/10? I like to hear others opinions.

I don’t know really, to me it was just the typical superhero film with more focus on style than substance.

I’m big on great performances, and there really wasn’t any in the movie, granted all the actors gave their best performances of these characters so far compared to the rest of the films they’ve been in but Chris Evans just isn’t Captain America to me, he has the look, but he doesn’t have that all-American authoritative stereotypical leading man voice that I always associated with Cap. Scarlet is absolutely horrible as Black Widow in my opinion, I give the Russo Bros credit for finally making her more than a one dimensional character but her character still had a decent amount of badass cliche dialogue that usually takes me out of the movie, similar to Jennifer Lawrence’s Mystique in DOFP actually, they come off as trying to hard be tough more than actually being tough. Samuel Jackson was serviceable enough as Nick Fury, and I thought the Falcon was written better than Anthony Mackie performed him. Winter Soldier was a cool villain, but thats really it, Marvel still needs work on developing more interesting villains.

The movie was pretty predictable, and the 3rd act kind of went Michael Bay. I just wish Marvel would start utilizing these actor’s talents, I would have preferred to see a lot more scenes like the Peggy scene, show Cap coping with being in a new world where almost everyone he ever knew is dead. The movie did have a few of those kind of scenes but definitely not enough.

The action was incredible though, and I loved the visual style of the film. Thinking about it, I give it a 7.5/10, I thought it was MCU third best film so far, I rank it only behind Iron Man, and Guardians which I felt was slightly better than TWS.

Last edited:
I haven't seen that sentiment expressed. But it is probably the best Marvel comic movie yet. Certainly better than any of the Marvel Studios stuff.

giphy.gif

I don’t know really, to me it was just the typical superhero film with more focus on style than substance.

I’m big on great performances, and there really wasn’t any in the movie, granted all the actors gave their best performances of these characters so far compared to the rest of the films they’ve been in but Chris Evans just isn’t Captain America to me, he has the look, but he doesn’t have that all-American authoritative stereotypical leading man voice that I always associated with Cap. Scarlet is absolutely horrible as Black Widow in my opinion, I give the Russo Bros credit for finally making her more than a one dimensional character but her character still had a decent amount of badass cliche dialogue that usually takes me out of the movie, similar to Jennifer Lawrence’s Mystique in DOFP actually, they come off as trying to hard be tough more than actually being tough. Samuel Jackson was serviceable enough as Nick Fury, and I thought the Falcon was written better than Anthony Mackie performed him. Winter Soldier was a cool villain, but thats really it, Marvel still needs work on developing more interesting villains.

The movie was pretty predictable, and the 3rd act kind of went Michael Bay. I just wish Marvel would start utilizing these actor’s talents, I would have preferred to see a lot more scenes like the Peggy scene, show Cap coping with being in a new world where almost everyone he ever knew is dead. The movie did have a few of those kind of scenes but definitely not enough.

The action was incredible though, and I loved the visual style of the film. Thinking about it, I give it a 7.5/10, I thought it was MCU third best film so far, I rank it only behind Iron Man, and Guardians which I felt was slightly better than TWS.

Yeah. I disagree, but like I said before. I enjoy listening to others opinions. I gave both tWS and GotG 10's. Both completely different style movies.

I think TWS had the MOST substance out of any marvel movie to date. It completely changed the MCU in its entirety. Even more so than avengers. (Although Avengers 2 is sure to recapture this title with what I am predicting). The only reason I would rate TWS higher than GotG is for rewatch quality. The substance in TWS is so rewatchable...

On the other hand I have seen guardians multiple times. While still being a great movie, it loses some luster with every watch. Not because of the writing, or story, but because of the genre. It was a primarily comedy based movie. Jokes can only be so funny for so long. While on the other hand, thrillers survive the test of time in my opinion.

Lastly, TWS was a sequel that took a large step forward. I don't think they can make a better movie featuring those characters from guardians in that same genre.

My summer ratings:

1) Captain America: the Winter Soldier
2)Guardians of the Galaxy
3) DoFP
4) TMNT
5) ASM2

Marvel Ranking:

1)TWS
2)Avengers
3)GotG
4) Ironman
5) DoFP

All of which will be bumped down one spot soon as I am predicting Avengers: Age of ULTRON to reign supreme! Not to mention I am also predicting it to be the highest grossing movie in history, world wide by time it's theatre stint is over. You heard it here first.

Back