Wtf happened to the 3 3/4 black series? Dollar store figures look better than this!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Shrek

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK so WTF happened to the 3 3/4 scale SW figures. I don’t collect much of them anymore but there are a handful I still want in my collection. Ree Yees being one of them. I saw him for the first time this weekend and I was shocked at how tiny, small and “dollar Store” quality he looked. I know people have been complaining the head is small but DAMNN!!! I have been collecting 3 3/4 scale since 1995 (not including the originals) and I could not even bring myself to make the purchase. This is not good. Is this the direction SW figures are heading? Attached is a picture comparing Ree Yees to a older figure when there was some “girth” in our figures!!!!

I still have love for 3 3/4 scale but if there going to be release like this it will be very hard for me to continue to collect this line……

Update:

image3685.jpg

Head on the new one is small....not seeing any improvement over the original modern one, aside from the articulation

Do you agree that overall it looks smaller and feels? Do yo feel that the quality is inferior to the POTF version? Look at the outfit and the attention to patterns and shine of the old version. I would have expected the same with this newer version. I guess I might be upset because I have a love for Cantina and Jabba Aliens!!

Yeah, hard to see in that pic, but the paint on the original's outfit was nice and shiny. New one is meh. Scale is about right, aside from the pinhead. I stopped collecting these after the quality flew out of the window

I stopped collecting the 3 3/4 inch line about 1,5 years ago. Before that time the quality of figures just kept getting better. With the long pause last year and the release of the blackseries I became very dissapointed with this line. I took a good look at the 6" line but that line qiuckly went south. So I went full out for ssc figures and I don't regret doing so! My wallet does....

I only have three figures in the Black Series 3 3/4” collection (Vizam, Pablo Jill and Merumeru), mainly due to their offerings. Ree Yees, Toryn Farr and Jabba’s Skiff guard are the only three that I have a interest in buying. I was surprised and upset at the quality of Ree Yees this past weekend.

I have been “Full Force” with the 3 3/4” line since 1995 but it seems like Hasbro and this Black Series has took me out of the game. It’s not me and the lack of collecting it’s Hasbro and the lack of new offerings!!

To me, the sculpt is an improvment over the POTF2 version. Paint app on the other hand is what's killing the line lately. It looks more and more like Hasbro are doing their best to kill the 4 inches collector line to promote the 6 inches line. That way, they can start all over again mith fresh main characters to crank out at a whole new scale.
For my part, i'm really sad Hasbro went back to the 5 POA style for the 4" main line. Hopefully, we'll still get collector grade figures (articulation and paint app) when epispode VII hits but for now, all my dough is going toward SSC and HT 12".

I honestly never thought I would buy anything other than 3.75 figures. The Vintage Collection was magnificant, and prior to that the brilliant comic 2 packs and Legacy range was varied and exciting. Since the launch of the Black Series and the terrible 5poa I had a choice between the 6 inch line and Sideshow/Hot Toys. I bought a few of each and now just buy 1/6.

Yeah, the 6 inch line is just a reboot of the 4 inches one with less opportunities of larger vehicles to be produced. Besides, There's already lots of QC issues and it appears Hasbro is cutting on accessories since the initial wave.

Update:

View attachment 136553

Head on the new one is small....not seeing any improvement over the original modern one, aside from the articulation

I was contemplating getting the new Ree Yees and putting the POTF2 head on it. The new body sculpt is very accurate.

It's not just the size of the head on the new RY that I don't like - the expression is a bit strange and it looks like a Prequel Ree Yees creature. The GG mini bust had the same problem.

I stopped collecting Hasbro 3 3/4" figures when they cancelled the Vintage Collection.

I stopped collecting Hasbro 3 3/4" figures when they cancelled the Vintage Collection.

if also seems like this was the time Hasbro stopped caring about this line! Vintage Collection was pure gold!

:exactly:

Let's face it guys....we didn't leave them, they left us. Nothing but 1/6 for me since then. I like the 6" black line but can't trust that they'll not drop it like they did the Vintage Collection.

The 4 inch black series figures are hit and miss. That Ree Yees is disappointing but the new ROTS Vader is possibly the best figure Hasbro has ever done.

These are the best modern 3 3/4 Hasbro figures in my opinion.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This is exactly why I became a sideshow freak. Looks like a lot of us are in the same boat and its not surprising considering the quality of the black series. Plus I have zero interest collecting six inch figures. However since I started collecting 1/6 scale again my Star Wars interest remains only to what I consider core characters since it is such a huge universe of choices plus money and space is ultimately limited.

I haven`t collected any Hasbro figures since 05. I sold off every thing years ago . I got into the 1/6 in 06 and haven`t stopped ever since. I don't regret collecting 3 /34 figures I got sick of the repaints the switching of different card styles the sloppy paint jobs just plain garbage to me. even back then I had a love for the 1/6 even when I collected the Hasbro stuff

Back