• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Toy Soldier TS-116 D-Boy Sniper Gear Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you probably know this is a pretty rare set, so be prepared to pay, especially if it's mib. I know there has been one on ebay for a while now, lmk if you want the link.

As you probably know this is a pretty rare set, so be prepared to pay, especially if it's mib. I know there has been one on ebay for a while now, lmk if you want the link.

Yeah, I'm watching that one. It's more than I'm willing to pay. I've seen this set go for a reasonable price recently, so hopefully I'll get lucky.

Serisouly, bash it up - given high price for the set, it's simply not worth it. I'm not a fan of Toy Soldier stuff, their clothin runs small and weapons (especially older sets as this one) are sub par.

Alexei

Last edited:
Serisouly, bash it up - given high price for the set, it's simply not worth it. I'm not a fan of Toy Soldier stuff, their clothin runs small and weapons (especially older sets as this one) are sub par.

Alexei

Any suggestions on what I can substitute for the early 90's era gear for a bash, Alexei? If I'm going to bash I want to make this as close to historically accurate as possible.

So are you bashing up the Toy Soldier version or the correct version (not saying Toy Soldier did something wrong, but 1/6 manufacturers cut corners pretty much all the time)?:) I'm not a BHD know it all guy, so it would be hard for me to suggest anything. Can you post some pictures and I'll try to identify the gear you'll need - that would be the easiest...

Alexei

I'm putting the finishing touches on 5 D-Boys including my version of MSGT Gordon, and SFC Shughart, and part of a Ranger chalk. I'll try to post pics sometime tomorrow if you would like.

I agree with Alexei, you can bash your own for considerably less, and still have a great looking D-Boy.

Off the top of my head, here is rough breakdown of gear: (most of it is from the TS Breacher fig)

TS 3 color BDU's
TS PT black Body armor
TS LC2 webgear (x2/or x4 magazine pouches, x2 canteens, x2 first aid pouches, buttpack)
TS black Helmet, googles
TS MX300 Radio w/pouch
TS black SAS style holster
ACE black knee pads
TS GSG9 boots(or HT/bbi molded if you prefer)
TS custom M733 carbine w/silencer, and aimpoint optics
Most important part IMO is TS Black or OD BHI chest rig which are hard to find

So are you bashing up the Toy Soldier version or the correct version (not saying Toy Soldier did something wrong, but 1/6 manufacturers cut corners pretty much all the time)?:) I'm not a BHD know it all guy, so it would be hard for me to suggest anything. Can you post some pictures and I'll try to identify the gear you'll need - that would be the easiest...

Alexei

I'm putting the finishing touches on 5 D-Boys including my version of MSGT Gordon, and SFC Shughart, and part of a Ranger chalk. I'll try to post pics sometime tomorrow if you would like.

I agree with Alexei, you can bash your own for considerably less, and still have a great looking D-Boy.

Off the top of my head, here is rough breakdown of gear: (most of it is from the TS Breacher fig)

TS 3 color BDU's
TS PT black Body armor
TS LC2 webgear (x2/or x4 magazine pouches, x2 canteens, x2 first aid pouches, buttpack)
TS black Helmet, googles
TS MX300 Radio w/pouch
TS black SAS style holster
ACE black knee pads
TS GSG9 boots(or HT/bbi molded if you prefer)
TS custom M733 carbine w/silencer, and aimpoint optics
Most important part IMO is TS Black or OD BHI chest rig which are hard to find

Thanks for your responses, guys. I actually got most of what I need to put together at least two more D-Boys. I already have the complete Breacher figure set. The goal is build at least four, so I'll need to acquire the bits and pieces to make one more gear set to be complete. I got the BHI chest rig, just having a tough time trying to find a complete LC2 for my sniper configuration.

Last edited:
Back