Wonder Woman v Ares (RIP OFF)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
DC have done it again. While a nice sculpt they were so tight on the resin they wouldn't extend the base to support WW's rear foot and we only get a bust of Ares. Come on DC sack your art directors already. Also stop ripping off your fans. As a huge fan of WW I would normally have added this to the collection but I will not be paying $250 for it. Its a complete rip off in comparison to what Sideshow have been charging for their dioramas. There really is no excuse.

Sideshow prices:
Wolverine v Sabretooth - $250
X-men 1 - $300
X-men 2 - $299
X-men 3 - $279
Thor v Loki - $299
The Punisher v DD - $249
Spiral VS Psylocke - $234
Planet Hulk: Green Scar VS Silver Savage - $299
Cap v Red Skull - $299
Hulk v Spider-man - $299

Pictures of Dio. (13.5" high x 11" wide x 10.5" deep)

WW_vs_Ares_Statue.jpg

12194_b_full.jpg

12194_c_full.jpg

Last edited:
The price IS a rip off but Its a really nice looking piece. Epic battle. I kinda like when they spill over the base, it gives the impression that its not a confined space but an open area. Like she can actually walk around the rock if she wants.

I would still get it. Look at her face, shes about to freakin stab the God of War right in his heart and shes gonna look good doing it !:lol

This sculpture is very alive, theres a lot to look at.... I mean uh... Theres a lot to look at! And even Ares looks wicked:cool:

There is no doubting the sculpt is very nice. Just way too expensive for what you get.

I actually like the way the diorama is done. The price is the killer though, this piece definitely should have been cheaper than $200 (probably more like $150). SS is selling there dinosaurs for $200 or less.

Sideshow prices:
X-men 1 - $300
X-men 2 - $299
X-men 3 - $279
Thor v Loki - $299
The Punisher v DD - $249
Cap v Red Skull - $299
Hulk v Spider-man - $299

Most of those are more expensive that the DCD piece in question.

The quality is comparable, the DCD piece is smaller, but not drastically so and in fact I like the size, SS pieces are too big to display many of them.

Compared to Batman vs Joker or Supes vs Darkseid...

The sculpt looks nice, but there's a lack of detail on her WW emblem, and the girdle is blah as well. Considering the detail she had on JLA Build-A-Scene 1, this one is lacking.

Because of that, price is too high.

As it is, the Build-A-Scene specs said 8" tall x 5" wide x 5" deep.
$150 retail.

this vs. is 13.5" high x 11" wide x 10.5" deep.
$250 retail.

yeah, it's more material, but still needs work.

DC have done it again. While a nice sculpt they were so tight on the resin they wouldn't extend the base to support WW's rear foot and we only get a bust of Ares. Come on DC sack your art directors already. Also stop ripping off your fans. As a huge fan of WW I would normally have added this to the collection but I will not be paying $250 for it. Its a complete rip off in comparison to what Sideshow have been charging for their dioramas. There really is no excuse.

Sideshow prices:
X-men 1 - $300
X-men 2 - $299
X-men 3 - $279
Thor v Loki - $299
The Punisher v DD - $249
Cap v Red Skull - $299
Hulk v Spider-man - $299

Pictures of Dio. (13.5" high x 11" wide x 10.5" deep)

WW_vs_Ares_Statue.jpg

12194_b_full.jpg

12194_c_full.jpg

You're insane. That's a boss statue and who the hell pays retail anymore for this stuff?

I love the design of this piece! :banana:banana:banana

Plus, comparing Sideshow's freakfest diorama designs to this is unfair. Most of those Sideshow pieces are as interesting as the mold growing in my bathtub. Who the hell is Silver Savage and will anyone care in six months?

I wanna see the design on the front of her shield!

BB

Plus, comparing Sideshow's freakfest diorama designs to this is unfair. Most of those Sideshow pieces are as interesting as the mold growing in my bathtub. Who the hell is Silver Savage and will anyone care in six months?

BB

Insolent fool.

Bow down before the Silver Savage:

167708-187777-silver-surfer_super.jpg

Also...this WW vs. Ares dio looks like caca...

You're insane. That's a boss statue and who the hell pays retail anymore for this stuff?

I love the design of this piece! :banana:banana:banana

I wanna see the design on the front of her shield!

BB

I haven't said its a bad statue of sculpt. I am complaining about the RRP. Its about 2/3rd the size of a regular Sideshow versus piece but the same price as at least 3 of them.

Great piece.

I love it.

Ordered. :rock

I got a great deal from a dealer. :D

What's with all the negativity here?

For a moment I thought I was on Statueforum. :rolleyes:

I'm not sold on it - but I do like the figure stepping off the base. I think that adds some dimensionality to it the makes it more interesting. Ares does seem a bit undersized, although him springing from the earth and fire is kind of cool. But I'd love for DC to do some kind of metallic gold treatment on their Wonder Woman statues - it would really do a lot to make them stand out.

I don't think the Ares sculpt even looks as good as the 6" DCUC figure.

I think its worth getting for the datail in the base alone. Ill keep an eye on it on ebay. Maybe get her a lil cheaper. If I had the extra coin Id get it now tho

Back