Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok let me set you straight

There is no numbers on the base (No ES)
However it will eventually have an ES, they will stop production and say there were X, numbered produced!

Plus think about it, how many of these do you think they will sell @2k? Not many....
So there will be way less made than most statues they sell and after they stop production, the price will slowly go up.
So in fact this has a virtual ES less than most sought after statues.

Sideshow are still pumping out the legendary scale T-800 Endoskeleton's and they were first released almost 5 years ago, and they are still selling the Iron Man mark 3 maquettes which both sell for around $2000 each.

So thats your theory out the window isnt it.

Last edited:
Bro, they don't show the ES right now because this is an open ES. There will be no ES for this line.

didn't know that was officially stated.

Still would be funny tho if 2yrs later they said "Ok. LSF Wolverine open ES is now closed and out of manufacturing. Although they're not numbered, we officially only made 12" :lol

Sideshow are still pumping out the legendary scale T-800 Endoskeleton's and they were first released almost 5 years ago, and they are still selling the Iron Man mark 3 maquettes which both sell for around $2000 each.

and I bet people are ordering them up like wildfire :rolleyes2

and I bet people are ordering them up like wildfire :lol

While people may not be "ordering them up like wildfire" they are still ordering them non the less.

My point is they are still available and probably will be until the year 2020.

While people may not be "ordering them up like wildfire" they are still ordering them non the less.

My point is they are still available and probably will be until the year 2020.

Listen, it's simple ....

If your going to keep it for a while, then buy it

If your concerned about flipping it, want to sell it for a profit, just simply don't have the money in the first place, dont buy it.

It's simple!

First of all, these mentioned are not LSF.
LSF is a whole new line with a new plan from SS

If you want to make a profit, this is not the line for you.
Wait five years and get one for $300 less if you like.
I will enjoy one for 5 years, that's worth it.

I had the first IM MK III maquette, years later it's still is the very best IM in my collection

And that is saying alot, since my IM collection is unmatched

I'm more in the boat of I may buy this later if I can get it cheaper on the secondary market. This is entirely possible because of the open ES.

I've been thinking the same thing about the 1:2 endoskeleton, I haven't seen any selling for less than a new one from Sideshow...even with the open ES.

common sense says pricetag + scale = not a lot of orders anyway :slap

I think you under estimated a # of people who could afford to buy this. I believe an opes ES turned down many collectors. I think Sideshow would sell more of these if they put an ES inspite of its price and its size.
Most collectors would buy a closed ES because of the fear of paying this for a higher price in the future.

I think you under estimated a # of people who could afford to buy this. I believe an opes ES turned down many collectors. I think Sideshow would sell more of these if they put an ES inspite of its price and its size.
Most collectors would buy a closed ES because of the fear of paying this for a higher price in the future.

At the end of the day your argument has a lot of "I believe..." and "I think..."

I'm sure they've done their homework and worked out that they will make more money with this business model. They are not doing this to intentionally piss off collectors.

I've been thinking the same thing about the 1:2 endoskeleton, I haven't seen any selling for less than a new one from Sideshow...even with the open ES.

That's because they are rare hard to find used
The argument is that it can be found for way less down the road
But no one in their right mind will sell these for a few hundred less
It's simple, they are valued statues by the statue community, and they have a huge wow factor.

The argument about the ES does not factor in this fact

Fear, does not factor in for a sale in this statue! That's not a great argument.

Those who buy this now have no fear! Money is not a big issue.

If your fearful, go away and hide under a hole! (Im just saying, not directed at you)

It's simple, they are valued statues by the statue community, and they have a huge wow factor.

I agree, that's actually the point I was trying to make. :wink1:

well, then you haven't looked hard enough. I've seen several for $1500 shipped over the years, they still struggled to sell at that price. I almost went for one at that price last Dec, but decided to go with a CM Pred since I knew the Endo will still be obtainable, even at that price again eventually. That Endo had to be re-listed 3 times at that price before selling. Even though they pop up rarely, these LSF's with no reserve sell for hundreds less.

sorry, but you know your 100% wrong. The 1:2 IM sold on ebay a couple months ago for $1100 + shipping with no flaws. The general collecting community won't spend $2k on these LSF's, so when they get sold with no reserve on ebay, they go for way less, and ppl do/will sell these LSF's when they need money or space, so they will HAVE to lose hundreds of dollars on them.

One IM on EBay and a fire sale, is not the norm. Does it count? Yes but like many items on EBay you have to get very, very lucky to get a low ball price.
Like any collectible and any item that has to be sold fast because of a fire sale, it's not the norm.
We all know it, this is not the "average" or "normal" sale price for the IM.

What Im saying is that majority of us would not list them that low unless we have no choice.

This could also be true if this was an ES item.

So no I'm not 100% wrong

well, then you haven't looked hard enough. I've seen several for $1500 shipped over the years, they still struggled to sell at that price. I almost went for one at that price last Dec, but decided to go with a CM Pred since I knew the Endo will still be obtainable, even at that price again eventually. That Endo had to be re-listed 3 times at that price before selling. Even though they pop up rarely, these LSF's with no reserve sell for hundreds less.

sorry, but you know your 100% wrong. The 1:2 IM sold on ebay a couple months ago for $1100 + shipping with no flaws. The general collecting community won't spend $2k on these LSF's, so when they get sold with no reserve on ebay, they go for way less, and ppl do/will sell these LSF's when they need money or space, so they will HAVE to lose hundreds of dollars on them.

I wouldn't count a regular 7 day auction with no reserve as a fire sale. Yea, it's prolly a rare occassion that they will sell in the future for that price, but they won't be selling anywhere near retail. Even BBTS has sold 2-3 of the IM at $1500 + shipping through clearance sales, so I don't know how much more proof you need to know that these LSF's, when sold, sale for hundreds less then the retail price. I don't think you really know what the "normal" or "average" selling prices on these are cause you haven't been looking for them.

I wouldn't count a regular 7 day auction with no reserve as a fire sale. Yea, it's prolly a rare occassion that they will sell in the future for that price, but they won't be selling anywhere near retail. Even BBTS has sold 2-3 of the IM at $1500 + shipping through clearance sales, so I don't know how much more proof you need to know that these LSF's, when sold, sale for hundreds less then the retail price. I don't think you really know what the "normal" or "average" selling prices on these are cause you haven't been looking for them.

Ok your entire point is that these will sell for less than retail, yes we get that.

But so what is the point?

I have had this statue the longest. I tell you, I will sell my Hulk PF, Akuma Shin PF #8, and many more grail pieces before I sell my beloved IM 1:2 and in the future this LSF! These are peices you tend to keep unless you must sell.

Do you know why? Because to some of us its not the few hundred we lose but how much enjoyment we get from the work of art we most appreciate. It is not about the money at the end of the day.

At the end, and especially for this line..... people buy these for an entirely different reason than the ES!

I have said it many times, if you want to invest dont buy statues!! :slap

Go invest money with much more potential for growth, there are many wise financial advisors here, they can help :lecture

Back