Wireless LED lighting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use something very similar to this in my Bestas and they work very well. The only negative is that each one takes 3 AAA batteries and the battery life doesn't seem to last more than 3-4 months and that is with occassional use. I think the batteries still drain even if not turned on.

You can get remote control puck lights that, like Mister Ski mentioned, operate with 3 AAA batteries - they're much larger than the small guide light posted above (that one isn't suitable for a shelf).

So yes, it's viable, but it can also be a complete waste of time/money, even if you plan to use rechargeable batteries. If you only want/need one to four, maybe you can get by. If you need any more than that, definitely forget it. The reason is that you can buy them in multi-packs at Costco every now and then for $20-25 and they come with batteries.

Beyond that, LED ribbon is your lowest cost option, but you'll have to invest some time to wire/set up. That time will of course pay off long-term in financial savings plus the whole setup can look a lot better.

You can get remote control puck lights that, like Mister Ski mentioned, operate with 3 AAA batteries - they're much larger than the small guide light posted above (that one isn't suitable for a shelf).

So yes, it's viable, but it can also be a complete waste of time/money, even if you plan to use rechargeable batteries. If you only want/need one to four, maybe you can get by. If you need any more than that, definitely forget it. The reason is that you can buy them in multi-packs at Costco every now and then for $20-25 and they come with batteries.

Beyond that, LED ribbon is your lowest cost option, but you'll have to invest some time to wire/set up. That time will of course pay off long-term in financial savings plus the whole setup can look a lot better.

I was waiting for your to chime in.

As someone who has Besta bolted to the wall, I'm looking for ways to upgrade my lighting without pulling them out over and over.

The cordless pucks seem like a good idea but I've never seen anyone really happy with them on this forum. They either don't stick well, or have poor intensity or battery life.

I thought the glow bulbs were interesting b/c they were so small and had a long battery life... but after watching the video of them on line, I agree they are not for emitting light so much as showing you were they are, like a glow in the dark sticker.

I've been thinking about using the connector to double up my dioder strips on each shelf. The only problem I have with that is that 2 of my Bestas have cool white and the rest are all the warm white. I don't know what it would look like to mix them in a single shelf since I only have a two cool white strips left I think.

But, I can increase my light with little fuss. Just waiting for time to do it.

Anyway, thanks to the op for the thread and PP for his usual great advice.

It would be neat not to have to open the head, just press down on it to activate the switch. Or possibly even cooler, if you were able to trigger the switch simply by placing your hand on the statue - capacitive sensing.

I am not making the bust, but actually a box to store my watches in that will open up to reveal the push button. It will be pretty awesome. I will probably start a new thread on the project when I actually get it started.

I've actually got six total wireless high powered LED pucks I would like to sell.

They have a strong magnetic back, or could be used via tape mount.

I can post a pic asap....

Back