Why don't these exist?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the Vincent Vega heads offered by diver4 is a poor recast of a sculpt Joy Snyder did for Andgor. It was part of a Toyfare article that also included Jules, a Die Hard Bruce Willis and Hannibal Lecter. I think this was the same article that had Brad Pitt and Ed Norton from Fight Club as well. I wish they would offer some of their stuff for sale. If you aren't familiar with Joy and Tom Studios work you should check out the portrait galleries on their web site. At one time or another they have sculpted most of the portraits that have been listed in this thread. The Robot Chicken stuff is insane. Those heads are for 8 inch Mego bodies and most of the sculpts were done in one day or less. Last time I ask them they had done close to 400 heads sculpts, just for Robot Chicken.

https://www.joyandtomstudios.com/portraits.html#

One of the Vincent Vega heads offered by diver4 is a poor recast of a sculpt Joy Snyder did for Andgor. It was part of a Toyfare article that also included Jules, a Die Hard Bruce Willis and Hannibal Lecter. I think this was the same article that had Brad Pitt and Ed Norton from Fight Club as well. I wish they would offer some of their stuff for sale. If you aren't familiar with Joy and Tom Studios work you should check out the portrait galleries on their web site. At one time or another they have sculpted most of the portraits that have been listed in this thread. The Robot Chicken stuff is insane. Those heads are for 8 inch Mego bodies and most of the sculpts were done in one day or less. Last time I ask them they had done close to 400 heads sculpts, just for Robot Chicken.

https://www.joyandtomstudios.com/portraits.html#[/QUOTE that vincent is pretty good

Dude, for Drool. So who is this Sci Fi Metroplis, Executive Reproductions and Plastic Earth? And why haven't they made any figs using these? Or is Executive Replicas Amoktime? Those Harry Potter heads they made for Tonner are very nice as well. Not my thing, but still.

Kind of funny, I did just repaint a head that looked pretty familiar on there for a buddy of mine. Clearly a recast, judging by the air holes and rough edges. Wonder if it's the same sculpt?

DSC_0032.jpg

Original paint job:

west1.jpg

So what are your top sculpts that you feel need to exist?

My #1 is easy, been wanting this for a LOOOONNGG time, but can't seem to get one.

1. Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez (Highlander)

I know there are others here who would want this too, I'm actually sort of surprised it hasn't been done yet. I loved the one Spencer did, but I can't seem to get a hold of him.

Most of my others would be Highlander characters that I doubt anyone else would care about.

I'd really lvoe though to see full on, really great full figure + accessories releases of:

2. Jules and Vincent from Pulp Fiction

3. William Wallace

4. Conan

5. Brotherhood of the Wolf

Wow, those are really impressive. It doesn't look like they sell those, is that right?

And where are the classic 70's-80's icons?
Starsky & Hutch
Michael Knight
Stringfellow Hawke
TV's SWAT cast
TJ Hooker
Stacy Sheridan
Vince Romano
Jim Corrigan
Ponch & Jon
tough guy William Smith (not that fresh prince guy)
cast of 240-Robert
Emergency! cast
the Six Million Dollar Man
The Prisoner

just wondering,
does bruce willis' face change a bit throughout the movies though?
it'd be hard to make minor edits of aging on every version.

just wondering,

Not really, aside from his hair he's aged well, and is in pretty good shape.

He seems just a bit fuller in Die Hard 1 then any of the others, a bit younger and his cheeks and jaw may have thinned out a bit as he got older, but his face is pretty much the same.

You really wouldn't have to do a DH2 version, I think a DH1 would pretty much cover it. DH3 would most notably be the receding hair and as I said, thinned out/sort of saggier cheeks, then DH4 could pretty much just be 3 w/o hair.

DH1 :

diehard982734.jpg

R0000159.jpg

diehard2.jpg

DH2 :

bruce_willis_die_hard_2_wearing_pul.jpg

DH 3 :

14-2.jpg

john-mcclane-vs-ninato-de-valencia-.jpg

john-mcclane.jpg

DH4 :

live-free-die-hard.jpg

live-free-or-die-hard.jpg

Last edited:
just wondering,

Maybe it's just in my mind's eye, but in DH 3 he was almost "doughy". Seemed like his head was thicker and taller, and his hair was definitely thinning.

He slimmed back down for DH 4 though.

Maybe it's just in my mind's eye, but in DH 3 he was almost "doughy". Seemed like his head was thicker and taller, and his hair was definitely thinning.

He slimmed back down for DH 4 though.

Well in the movie hes been out of work and drinking heavily the entrie time so its rather fitting.

I was thinking thats another thing that could vary would be the beard/stubble. He has a 5 o'clock shadow in 1 and 2 but in 3 its alot more of a thick, longer stubble. And in 4 he's shaved again.

Back