Why does everything Sideshow Star Wars dont go up in value ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't read all the posts, but has anyone mentioned that you really should not be buying action figures and collectibles as investment pieces? I collect for the love of the hobby and I enjoy it. I never bought any of the pieces in my collection with the thought that it may or may not go up in value.:lecture

I haven't read all the posts, but has anyone mentioned that you really should not be buying action figures and collectibles as investment pieces? I collect for the love of the hobby and I enjoy it. I never bought any of the pieces in my collection with the thought that it may or may not go up in value.:lecture

QFT

Unless you got vintage stuff, don't necessarily count on the value of these to go far up as a future retirement investment. Buy it cuz you love it. If that's all you're getting it for then just stop. Everyone has the same idea these days and that's why the market is oversaturated with "RARE MIB HARD TO FIND" collectibles. If it's so rare why are there 40 ebay listings for the same thing? ;)

i think the real question is "why cant shai give up his obsession with what SW fans buy?" seriously you dont even like SW so why do you care. go back to your precious marvel comic books about men in tights.

Nice to see you're "keeping track" of all Shai's moves here. stalker :lol

Most of the characters in the SW universe that are made in to collectibles don't even have more than a few minutes of screen time with no lines or backstory other than crappy EU ^^^^.

The editions are way too high for the SW stuff. I heard from a good source, that SS makes the editions high for SW so they can keep the Marvel editions lower, thus still making quota. So basically they say, "drop the Thor edition by 1000 and add that 1000 to the PF The Biker Scout." Sucks for SW fans. Also the exclusive Thor has the same edtion as PF Ex. Asajj Ventress. And Thor 1000x more popular.

Uh, no that's not true and I can't imagine how that would make any logical sense.

Kind of like Shai claiming he's my cousin.:confused:

Like others have said, there are a lot more SW collectibles to choose from over Marvel collectibles, so the prices aren't going up as much. Lucasfilm has given way too many companies license to manufacture products and the market value shows that.

At least the Sideshow Marvel items are increasing in value because most of Marvel's comics from the past 10 years or so aren't worth the paper they're printed on (resale is terrible if not non-existent). You guys better hope Marvel doesn't pull a DC Direct and manufacture their own collectibles or you can say goodbye to Sideshow's PF and VS lines.

My thread was very legitimate...I wanted a serious discussion about it....Now my last comment was obviously to make me laugh...I see that those taking offense here are the Newb who really dont know me well....Your foolish attempt to mock me while I kiss the greatness that is the Hulk PF make me enjoy this community and the reaction of some of its member even more...

Unfortunately for those who dont get it and dont like my playful nature,I'm here since forever and will probably still be here when you wont visit this board anymore....I'm also Darklord Dave's cousin.

I am rather dissapointed that my reply has been taken off the thread as have some select others,. My reply was as LEGITAMENT as the above, and obviously just for ME to have a laugh and as for foolish well we will leave that to the real forum freaks....Sad that people dont Know me that well !!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

All I can say is that if I were buying my pieces for investment purposes - I'd be in big trouble because only about 5% of what I have has risen in value...and usually I end up reselling to a freak for what I paid.....If I were to sell everything..I MIGHT break even...but probably wind up losing. As far as SW is concerned...I don't collect it, so therefore don't have anything to contribute. :)

All I can say is that if I were buying my pieces for investment purposes - I'd be in big trouble because only about 5% of what I have has risen in value...and usually I end up reselling to a freak for what I paid.....If I were to sell everything..I MIGHT break even...but probably wind up losing. As far as SW is concerned...I don't collect it, so therefore don't have anything to contribute. :)

Thanks for Hellboy. :wave :joy :wave

Back