White Shogun's Star Wars Customs!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries :duff

Great work btw, I'm close to repainting my ANH Luke and your repaint is a good guide for what I need to go for.

Good to know... so far I've just been repainting and that seems to work fine. But now I know to just continue avoiding it :lol

Thanks man :duff I love the Vader piece and am lucky that Cocoboloboy is local so I can get great shelves from him :rock :rock

Re: han , stormtrooper head repaint!

no man your right , your actually spot on his eye is out slightly , that being down to the sculpt ! wasn't much i could do to make any better , there are some painters out there that would go one further by applying extra epoxy and sculpting around these hard areas , but unfortunate for me i can't sculpt to save my life!
Cool, didn't know it was down to the sculpt. Looks great, though. Way, way better than the default factory work. Also liking the new shots of Praji more now that you took them in daylight, looks a lot more natural. You're really got some talent for this, for sure. Great work all around.

maybe one day i'll have to find myself a darth vader l,s bust , at the moment i have my eyes locked on to legendary figure darth maul , sideshow got this one nailed , the sculpt look's smack on. (absolutely fantastic)

new ben kenobi repaint + custom base!

ben's new paint job! And heavy custom base , base was made of clay , painted six time's over and then covered with p.v.a + bottom of boots covered with p.v.a to stop rubber pulling on paint!

luke bespin head repaint

im not really sure this is going to work , repainted the head , might have to do the eyes again they look whey to big , but then if i repaint the eyes smaller the eyes sockets will look to big ! some advise please!

Re: new ben kenobi repaint + custom base!

ben's new paint job! And heavy custom base , base was made of clay , painted six time's over and then covered with p.v.a + bottom of boots covered with p.v.a to stop rubber pulling on paint!

SS did a good job with the sculpt and paint job, but your paint apps takes it to another level once again great job.

1/6 BIKER SCOUT

After maybe 4 years now of sideshow making starwars figures in 1/6 scale we still haven't seen the biker scout . They did the premium format , with the blue prints already done this shouldn't of taken much work! But still their releasing clone trooper's. Im sorry guy's but ive seen enough clone troopers now , i would really like to see some of the original trilogy figures released , they just posted pre order for the snow trooper , & now slowly getting the bounty hunter's , maybe were slowly moving to the original trilogy , feel free to post your thought's!

Re: new ben kenobi repaint + custom base!

Man - WOW!!! :thud: :clap

You are a brilliant painter my friend. Old Ben was one of SSC's best 1/6 figures, hands down, & your paint has raised him to must have status now.

Love all your other custom work, not sure about the Bespin Luke though.. might need to work on the eyes a bit more - i.e; shaping the inside parts of the 'whites' so there's less there.. does that make sense?? :peace

thankyou my friend im working on luke bespin as i speak , i also thought the eyes were , not a little but a lot off , i have minimum light were i live it's hard to see , also hard for taking pictures !

hey lopie do you think the eyes are to big or should they be left as they are!

That's the problem with that sculpt... I think you have to make the eyes a bit bigger which can look silly. I won't say I did the best job, but I was happy with the eye size and placement once I was done:

lukeb.jpg

hey galactic im loving that luke you painted , even the outfit look's more realistic now , did you paint the eyes big or small , for me the problem is the eye socket's , their just to big! p.s have you started new hope luke yet , post ur pic's on hear for me when done! (CHEER'S)

Thanks! I did rim the eyes with black on top and pink on the bottom, and added a bit of pink to the right and left side which helped made the sockets appear a bit smaller. I did paint the eyes bigger than what I would do or see on most sculpts. The real tricky part is to place the eyes in a way that get's rid of the shocked look the figure has.

I think with your paint up I would make the top of the iris a bit wider, and have the bottom touching the lower lid. As for the rest of him I put him on a Prometheus body (1.0 the shorter one) and weathered the hell out of his outfit :lol

I haven't started on Luke yet, but he's one of my upcoming projects :duff

Here's some more of my work if you are interested: Galactiboy's Customs

Back