Which Luke is this?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo

Freaked Out
Reaction score
luke_big1.jpg

https://www.absculpture.com/luke.htm

That was a sculpt by Andy when the SSC Bespin Luke was being made, however this sculpt was not the one ultimately selected for the figure. There are some posts about it (by Andy) in the Bespin Luke Thread.

This is the Luke that should have been made instead of the "Brad Pitt" sculpt that was chosen.........Pitty....

I think the reason they passsed on it is He looks a bit too old for ESB. Regaurdless, It's the most fantastic luke sculpt I've ever seen.

Everytime a pic of this sculpt pops up it makes me want to force choke the LFL morons who passed on it.

A masterpiece forever lost. :monkey2

It seems LFL wants more of a character sculpt than one that reflects the actor. I can understand the decision, but did they ever pass on a great sculpt :monkey2

I think LFL is more into idealised recreations of characters rather than portraits of the actors. :(

I agree that this should have been used. Andy is amazing! I was impressed with the approved Bespin Luke in person, but this one goes in a different direction that I prefer.

This sculpt is definitely more superior than what we got. This is a lot like the ROTJ version in that it looks just like Mark Hamil during the shooting of TESB. He is more aged and more realistic but I guess LF wants us to remember ESB Luke as a 'prettier' Luke.:rolleyes:

I would be down for a sculpt as well, but sadly I don't see it happening.

I don't want to answer for Andy but here is what he has told me:

1) The Luke sculpt is the property of Sideshow, so he can not cast it and sell it.

2) He doesn't typically like taking on group commissions anymore. Way too many hassles for him.

I hope I didn't overstep any boundaries Andy. :eek:

Wow that is way better than what was chosen......I said it before and I say it again, Andy just needs to create his own company, so all these pieces he creates actually get released to the public.

Last edited:
Pixletwin said:
I don't want to answer for Andy but here is what he has told me:

1) The Luke sculpt is the property of Sideshow, so he can not cast it and sell it.

2) He doesn't typically like taking on group commissions anymore. Way too many hassles for him.

I hope I didn't overstep any boundaries Andy.

Not at all Pixle! You're correct on all counts.

Glad you all like the head though!

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in...

Andy is the man.

I'm a huge fan of his sculpts & always pass the url for his website along to friends & family and they have all loved his amazing work.

Keep up the excellent work Andy, I always look forward to seeing your works.

Back