Which DX joker to get? DX01 or DX11?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am finally getting my DX joker, still undecided whether to get DX01 or DX11, I love the granade pose from DX01 and the more washed out colours of DX01. I want a custom head with real hair for it anyway so the head sculpt is less relevant. The interrogation scene and the second sculpt from DX11 is cool though

I can't see them in hand before I get it, so which to get?

If getting both isn't an option then,

DX 01 Joker

+ If you like the mob/grenade rig scene
+ grenade rig attachment
+ the Honor Guard cop disguise
+ flesh colored Joker sculpt
+ accurate suspenders on pants
+ nice dirt and grime effects on jacket

- PERS googly eyes
- dark, muted colors

OR

DX 11 Joker

+ If you like the interrogation scene
+ laughing headsculpt
+ shotgun, shoe blade, pencil, etc.
+ brighter colors
+ orange coat lining
+ more accurate socks pattern

- crappy, fuzzy purple coat
- poorly glued pieces like buttons on said coat

DX11 is better all around, but it sounds like you're hung up on the duller coat color and grenade rig, so go with that if you want. Or just buy the DX01 coat.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

DX01 I never bought the dx11 just the laughing head sculpt because the DX11 looks to cartoonish/something about it just seems off to me. I know DX01 is not accurate but it looks cooler and you get the honor guard.

If you mix and match between the two you can put together a top figure. The leather shoes were a big draw for me on the DX11. Always hated the mashed up plastic shoes on the previous jokers. Trousers were better on the DX01. Neither coat is great, but you can get the DX11 looking pretty good with some work. I would pick up the DX11, sell the parts you don't want then buy the bits (if you can find them) from DX01 and make the best of it.

If you mix and match between the two you can put together a top figure. The leather shoes were a big draw for me on the DX11. Always hated the mashed up plastic shoes on the previous jokers. Trousers were better on the DX01. Neither coat is great, but you can get the DX11 looking pretty good with some work. I would pick up the DX11, sell the parts you don't want then buy the bits (if you can find them) from DX01 and make the best of it.

Yup mix them if you can... I always hate dx11 pants even its have a great quality but its just to short in my eyes. I swap with dx01 pants and looks great
Both head sculpts are amazing .. And if you want to make nurse joker you can use dx01 hs.. Turn out better than BRJ joker

Looking to purchase a DX11 soon myself. I'm terrified of buying one on ebay so I'll just keep stalking the FS section.

I have both. Like the sculpt better on the Dx -01. Pants are better on the Dx-01. I also like the jacket on the DX-01. Like the laughing head sculpt on the Dx-11 and the interrogation scene.

I have both. Love em both. Colors seem more accurate on the DX01 though, but the DX11 comes with SOOOO much!!

i love them both, but i like the clothing on DX01 a little better. All the headsculpts are great IMO but DX11's are a little better, a little more life-like.

You could mix and match both.

Custom rooted hair i only ever liked Adams Heath Joker, but its crazy expensive I think if you can find it. Not worth it IMO since the DX's are all really nice HS. There is nothing out there thats 100% movie accurate, and probably never will since scaling down to 1/6 is never going to get 100% perfection. They are close for being toys, but some people get too caught up in trying to get 100% perfect, just isnt possible IMO.

Both are great if you like collecting HTs. if you start to go custom, i just dont think paying tons or money is really worth it, but you all can be your own judge of it. :)

Have both... DX11 is OBVIOUSLY better. The tailoring, detail, and sculpts are better.

The tie and collar area especially is pathetic on DX01 compared to 11.

The coat has sharper shoulders and lapels. Orange lining instead of red.

The shoes are fabric with laces.

The pants have more accurate design and baggyness.

The sculpts are much more realistic.

Much better hairline, doesn't look like his hair is plugged in.

PERS is much more realistic and STABLE, won't break like DX01.

Nice accessories, though it doesn't come with Cop Joker which is where DX01 edges out.

I guess the DX01 also has suspenders... which you can't see.

DX11 no contest.

dx11.jpg

Last edited:
I got the DX01 mainly for the cop Joker and the grenade lined coat. Otherwise, I like the DX11 a lot more.

I have both. Neither is bad ... but the DX11 is better overall. I like the plain sculpt better on the 11. And, you get two versatile Joker sculpts rather than a second one that's really only usable on the police version ... which isn't all that iconic. It also comes with the sawed off shotgun, which is a fairly useful weapon.

The dx01 grenade rig is pretty cool. But, not enough to overcome the rest.

SnakeDoc

Back