What was your first 12" figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6-million_1.jpg

mine as well.

Couple of things,
Tecnically the 6 Million Dollar Man was 13" not 12". Pissed me off as a kid as Steve Austion, Oscar Goldman, Maskatron, even Jamie Summers- The Bionic Woman, towered over my Adventure team GI Joes.

As for Mego, they made 12" figures of:

Hulk
Spider-Man
Captian America (with a freakishly large head)
Superman
Jor-El
General Zod
Wonder Woman
Batman and Robin (Robin was 9" to be in proper "teen" Scale)

Go Here for all things Mego 12":
https://www.megomuseum.com/wgsh/12/index.html

As for my first 12" figure, it was either a GI Joe Talking adventure team commander or a 12" Johnny West figure by Marx toys...

I'm old, probably to old for this hobby.

RoboCop figure. I got it when I was a little kid. I really enjoyed the movie and looked foward to Robo pulling his gun out of his thigh. I have no idea where it is now tho.

Ahh lots of love for the Dollar man!! I am actually thinking of getting one for old times sake.

the_six_million_dollar_man-show.jpg

My first 12" figure too. Dorgmal, I would absolutely get one. Unboxed you can get them pretty cheap on Ebay.

In fact, that was the first thing I looked for when Ebay first came out. I lived in Manhattan at the time and there were a couple of stores that had him but for way too much (~$90 in the early 90s was a lot of money!). So when I found out about Ebay, I went straight to Steve Austin. I got myself a couple unboxed ones at first til I finally found a good one with the rubber arm sheath still intact and the figure MIB, with the bionic grip for about $65, which was a good deal of money in 1998. But it was well worth it, believe me. Now I'm just hoping HT, Enterbay or Sideshow make a "modern" version of him.

And back on topic, Indy was my first pre-order but ANH Han was the first figure I actually received, which blew my mind with the details and craftsmanship.

Mine was a Hot Toys T600, that I got for £80 delivered. That was a few months a go, now I'm hooked!

Well, truly the first one I got was way back in 1975 or so; ADVENTURE TEAM GI JOE! My baptism into high-end figures began with the Sideshow Jedi Luke.

The original 12" Boba Fett where you could look through his head like he was using the drop down visor. I still have a picture of me sitting holding it with awe in my face at around seven years old. One of my best toys ever - long gone though :(.

Back