What type of neck post do you prefer for custom head sculpts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your preferred neck post style?

• Sideshow buck

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Hot Toys "neckless"

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters
I'd vote for "with neck" for any custom sculpt. You can usually find adaptors to make a necked head fit on a HT body and a customizer is going to cut the head to fit whatever body he has handy anyway. Giving them the neck increases the choices of body to use.

I'd vote for "with neck" for any custom sculpt. You can usually find adaptors to make a necked head fit on a HT body and a customizer is going to cut the head to fit whatever body he has handy anyway. Giving them the neck increases the choices of body to use.

That's generally why I like the "necked" figure heads. HT and Medicom are pretty much the only ones with the joint in the neck. They look great and I love them that way, but it narrows down your choices.

I vote for a sculpted neck adapter. The artist simply sculpts on top of a neck adapter template. That way, you have the best of both worlds.

It depends on what you are working on. I used a modified generic g.i.joe neck post on a sideshow body so I could easily switch out the heads without having to heat up the neck post.

There are times when I definitely prefer the Hot Toys design -- any time the throat is exposed, and particularly on female figures. Compare the Sideshow Honor Blackman with any Cy Girl and I think you'll see what I mean. The double cut at the base of the neck is even more distracting to me than a joint under the jaw. I'm planning this type of neck for my eventual Mad Max custom, and will probably modify my Sideshow Indy, when it comes, since both require an open collar.

Back