What Should I Do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i agree man! 1/4 would be cool but the price is for enough for a 1/6. I cant wait to see what the other TDKR figures are like. I have huge expectations for them. But if HT are to release another batman, is there much they can do with him that has not been done already?

There is always room for improvement. :D

Yeah, 1:6 is a perfect size imo.
I think if the figures get any bigger than the imperfections become clearer. Can you imagine a dx02 1/4 with oily abs? haha
HotToys really take their time revealing their news dont they, haha.

I agree with others in that you should wait until the TDKR release. Not only will it likely be more accurate but it also may have Better QC (ie, no leaky abs). However, if you really want a DX02 then you will probably find the best deal on these boards in the commerce section. Just make sure you get one from the U.S. DC Direct batch with hard abs.

Also, if you really don't want to wait, then you may want to consider the Medicom Batman. It is quite a bit cheaper so the amount you would save would go along way to paying for the next release. Also, IMO the medi batman actually looks better than the DX02 witha few mods.

Last edited:
Be very, very wary of people offering to sell you one for $400 or cheaper. Unfortunately new members get taken advantage of and someone may offer it to you - insist you pay by "gift" on paypal and then you never see the figure.

Be very, very wary of people offering to sell you one for $400 or cheaper. Unfortunately new members get taken advantage of and someone may offer it to you - insist you pay by "gift" on paypal and then you never see the figure.

:goodpost: Thanks for sharing that info. :)

Guys, to be honest, i will just go with my origional order, it is alot cheaper! But to be honest, the price is putting off the figure a little:slap $400, ouch!

Just talked him down to $375, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Not sure if you're an 89 fan, but the Keaton Batman seems like it'd be a damn fine item to hold you over until the inevitable V.3. Bale Batman.

I definitely understand the impulse urge to buy something for much more than retail when it appears that the secondary market is your only option. But the Batman franchise is one of Hot Toys' biggest lines, and they have made several figures from each movie, improving with each release. TDKR is going to be one of the summer's biggest movies, and a better Bale Batman figure in that suit is virtually inevitable. Based on current DX retail prices, you could probably expect to pay around $150 less than you're paying for that DX 02 if you have a little more patience.

DarkMagic - That is something money cannot buy, patience!
This is my first HT figure so i hope to be impressed. I will more than likely end up buying a TDKR bats anyway. The conversion rate from dollar to euro is good at the minute. Im Irish so it works out at 282 euro.

Not sure if you're an 89 fan, but the Keaton Batman seems like it'd be a damn fine item to hold you over until the inevitable V.3. Bale Batman.

Yeah, he's a sweet figure, But i am not a fan of Keaton Batman. I think Christian Bale owns!

I am a huge TDK fan!

100% team-Bale, this one. At least he appreciates the quality of the figure, but it won't scratch his itch.

Ok, the other thing is it's like playing the lottery to get a DX 02 that doesn't --and won't eventually-- leak. With all that is known about the figure, I'm not even sure I would take the chance paying retail for it, much less secondary market mark up.

$374 (or 282 Euros) isn't a good deal for a figure that will undoubtedly be getting an upgrade within the next year. I think, this being your first Hot Toys figure you'd be pretty disappointed in the long run.

You really should hold off.

True, but it is the first DX bats and i have saved my money for quite a while to get one. Thanks for all of you guys help, i really appreciate it! Il probably still get one anyways, a good start to my HT collection. And i inquired, it is DCD hard abs version.

Would you guys recomend a different Batman HT?

True, but it is the first DX bats and i have saved my money for quite a while to get one. Thanks for all of you guys help, i really appreciate it! Il probably still get one anyways, a good start to my HT collection. And i inquired, it is DCD hard abs version.

That money that you saved could go towards an improved version though, perhaps two of them if you want multiples. I don't think the DX 02 will be the last DX Bale Batman either.

Here's some food for thought. When this figure came out I was able to score two for much less than you are about to pay for just one. While it is your hard earned money to spend as you see fit, I don't think you'll be happy with it for long.

Patience is key here. Too many people, new to the hobby rush into this thing, especially on ebay. Too much :panic::panic::panic: with little to no reasoning. If you wait just a few months I don't think you'll be disappointed and your patience will be rewarded with a figure you'd love to own.

Would you guys recomend a different Batman HT?

It depends on which suit you like.

Thank you so much, you have been extremley helpful, my friend. Idea is on hold for the moment:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back