What new STAR WARS HOT TOYS 1/6 & 1/4 Figures will we see at SDCC 17...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:banana
There's generally what -- 4 new figures revealed around SDCC time?

So we've already seen 4 already: Jedi Luke, Emperor, Hoth Leia and Royal Guard. Now I supposed we'll see the actual prototype figure with some preorders.

So the NEW 4 to be revealed -- maybe ones we've 'heard' talk about: Hoth Rebel, Lando, Han Bespin and Biker Scout.

I'm only allowing for OT... could be a TFA figure there instead of one of the others. I'm not feeling Greedo... as much as he'd be a top pick for me over many of the others. 'SW Aliens' would open a whole new world for HT.

Yeah, HT needs to open up a new "Alien Division" team who only deal with Star Wars aliens and perhaps Donald Trump figures. Am sure he fits into that category.....

Krennic or riot.
fdefa066b202a769e7a8d2162769c6a5--facial-expressions-director.jpg

I'm interested to see what the SDCC Exclusives are going to be. Usually, if memory serves, we already know by now. Get an idea of what will be available for order to ship after the show. I'm surprised they haven't revealed it since usually HT takes them to all of their cons.

Looking back it seems Resistance Rey was the exclusive revealed last year just before SDCC around July 14 or so. So you're right in that we should be seeing this year's exclusive by roughly mid-July. There should still be a reveal this week though before the end of June, going by the pattern so far.

There's generally what -- 4 new figures revealed around SDCC time?

So we've already seen 4 already: Jedi Luke, Emperor, Hoth Leia and Royal Guard. Now I supposed we'll see the actual prototype figure with some preorders.

So the NEW 4 to be revealed -- maybe ones we've 'heard' talk about: Hoth Rebel, Lando, Han Bespin and Biker Scout.

I'm only allowing for OT... could be a TFA figure there instead of one of the others. I'm not feeling Greedo... as much as he'd be a top pick for me over many of the others. 'SW Aliens' would open a whole new world for HT.

In terms of Biker Scout, I have to say Sideshow's was pretty damn good. I can live with that figure. The Emperor I will pick up and I'm sure a throne isn't too far behind.

The Emperor I missed when SSC did it, so I won't make that mistake again.

What new STAR WARS HOT TOYS 1/6 & 1/4 Figures will we see at SDCC 17...?

The Magma Trooper would be simply awesome. Whatever it is I hope we see the exclusive soon.

Hot Toys is either repurpose a figure that they already have and is easy to produce in mass quickly or they come up with something that they have been working on for some time and have not revealed. So we could be getting from worst to best scenario :

Designer version of any of the troopers (porcelain like)
Sandtrooper sergeant (white pauldron)

Shore trooper grunt and/or squad leader

Emperor's Royal Guard
Emperor Palpatine
Boba Fett Xmas special
Luke ROTJ

Last year ended up being a pretty big reveal with Gonk's, Death Star troops, Old Jedi Luke, TFA droids, etc. This year they have already shown us a lot of goodies, or teased them anyway, so I expect proto's of the stuff that was first shown/teased at Celebration.

We might get a few surprises again but I am not holding my breath for anything as cool as a Lando, that is for sure.

With Rogue One, TFA, and soon TLJ, I am not sure how much more dipping into OT they will do this year. Some things can be tied into RO like the Death Star troops and Royal Guard I guess.. so Walrus man is due but that is just a pipe dream.

Back