What items do you intend to keep MISB?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to keep your collectables locked away in their plastic prisons, that's fine. Some people doit becuase it makes them feel "more mature". it's the mentality of " It's not childish if i don't open it" that irks me about SOME MIBBERS. If you just prefer it that way, no prob. if keeping your things MIB makes you feel "better" than other collectors, then you're just deluding yourself.

As for me, Nothing. i open all my things. the act of unboxing something for the first time is one of my favorite moments with any collectable.

Oh dear.

It seems to be frowned upon on here to keep your stuff boxed up..

I have loads of carded vintage star wars and Ive collected them this way since the 80s. All the star wars gentle giant busts, still boxed...

I just dont have a a display space at the moment, and with twin 3 year olds running around, I dont think the stuff would be safe anyway.

It just seems to me to be the best way to keep them safe for now.

Just for the record, im nearly 37 years old, so it has nothing to do with maturity, and I certainly dont feel "better" than collectors who open their stuff.

When I do have the space though it will be pretty cool opening all the busts.:banana

Oh dear.

It seems to be frowned upon on here to keep your stuff boxed up..

I have loads of carded vintage star wars and Ive collected them this way since the 80s. All the star wars gentle giant busts, still boxed...

I just dont have a a display space at the moment, and with twin 3 year olds running around, I dont think the stuff would be safe anyway.

It just seems to me to be the best way to keep them safe for now.

Just for the record, im nearly 37 years old, so it has nothing to do with maturity, and I certainly dont feel "better" than collectors who open their stuff.

When I do have the space though it will be pretty cool opening all the busts.:banana

I am not getting the sense that it seems to be frowned upon by most members if you keep them boxed.

Rather though, I am getting the sense as to why you would keep the items boxed up or not.

Whether it be as a risk in investment, whether it be as a form of protection for your valuables, or whether it be that it something you are buying to showcase later on, etc. they are all vastly different reasons to keep them MISB.

For myself, I now have reached a point in my collection where I simply do not have more space to put them on display. I know have up to boxes which have not been opened for a few months. For me I need to open them to at least inspect for damage which hopefully I will do soon.

I think it is neat to see why people keep them in MISB. It just goes to show the huge range of the different types and styles of collecting, and how things can be collected.

Well I actually do open the busts to check for damage when I first get them.

I think its why Ive probably held off the sideshow stuff in the past, the 12" figures look soooo much better out of the box.

As the little terrors get older I will hit this line pretty hard I think.:naughty

Back